How to make Final Payment via the Princess website

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:10 PM.
#1
Brownstown, MI, USA
141 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
I booked my most recent cruise on my own via the Princess website because of the great deal I got being a past passenger and after checking numerous other options, it was the best deal.

So I decided to book without talking to a Princess rep, and wanted to do the whole process without talking to a rep. (Having never recd an upgrade I was curious if this might work, probably not...but wanted to try).

However, I can't find on the website how to make my final payment.

I am just missing it or do I have to talk to a Princess rep?

Thanks for the help
#2
The Land of Ahhs!
44,132 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Trust me, not talking to a rep in person is not going to increase your chances of an upgrade in any way.
Just pick up the phone and call them and make you final payment. If the upgrade fairy visits, great, but with ships selling out well in advance anymore, just don't ever count on receiving one.
Best of luck though.
#4
Tucson, Arizona
385 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
As far as I can recall, when you get to the part of booking your cruise, and it you give them all your personal info, name address......,then below there is a part asking for your billing info: credit card info. When you enter the info there is a blue box saying: "submit payment". Any subsequent payments can be made the same way as far as I know
#5
Wildcat Country!
1,577 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
I booked my upcoming cruise myself on Princess's web site, and made all of the payments that way as well. I believe when you log in and go to the cruise personalizer there is an option for "Balance and Payment" on the right hand side. Click on that and it will take you to your payment history and option to submit a payment.

Mike
#6
Tampa, Florida area
11,849 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
I booked directly with Princess, and did make my final payment via the Princess website. Shortly after I did, I got a confirmation from Princess.
#7
35 Posts
Joined May 2009
It's perplexing that Princess's web developers don't make it easy to pay. That seems like simple business logic. After all, Princess isn't in business for their health. I would assume that they want the money. Make it easier for us to send it to you.
#8
COLORADO
57,586 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by PacificJack
It's perplexing that Princess's web developers don't make it easy to pay. That seems like simple business logic. After all, Princess isn't in business for their health. I would assume that they want the money. Make it easier for us to send it to you.


Even though that makes sense they seem to do fine with less technology and doing things the hard way.

If you book through a TA you don't have the option regardless.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
57 Princess Cruises



USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32

#9
Chico, California
7,829 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I currently have two cruises booked. One through my TA and another booked online through Princess which I will later move to my TA. The one booked via the TA has to be paid through the TA. The other one is easy to pay online. I just now clicked on Payments and Credits and had the option to pay in full using Credit Card, PayPal, or Gift Card.

I'm surprised you don't see that option. The only time I've been unable to pay online was once when I reserved a cruise without paying the deposit. I talked it over with my wife and went back the next day to use my FCD to secure the cruise. Nope. No way at that point. I could have cancelled and started over but the only other way to apply the FCD to secure the booking was by calling Princess.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...



#10
Nelson Bay
1,099 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
I paid for my upcoming cruise online yesterday. It was as stated above, just select your payment option. Easy-peasy.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#11
New Mexico
14,412 Posts
Joined May 2004
Originally posted by PacificJack
It's perplexing that Princess's web developers don't make it easy to pay. That seems like simple business logic. After all, Princess isn't in business for their health. I would assume that they want the money. Make it easier for us to send it to you.
This thread was started in 2008; the replies prior to yours are well out of date. While things are better these days in 2017, Princess' IT department is still known for questionable choices online. But one can now indeed pay online and even use a FCD for booking if you book direct. Using a TA still requires going through the TA, although some online ones allow you to pay through their websites.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature


Been There Done That:Crown Princess Jan 2017 Cape Horn, Regal Princess Sep 2016, Diamond Princess Feb-Mar 2016, Royal Princess Oct. 2015, Africa Sept. 2015, Caribbean Princess Dec. 2014, Ruby Princess Dec. 2014, Crown Princess April 2013, Crown Princess Oct/Nov 2012, Grand Princess Dec 2011, Sapphire Princess March 2011, Emerald Princess July 2010, Maui by Kayak March 2008, Grand Princess March 2007 (Man Overboard Cruise) Carnival Spirit March 2006, Golden Princess June 2004, Star Princess July 2002, Ryndam June 1998, Nordic Prince 1986, Norway 1984
#12
maplewood, nj
8,185 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Just curious...How many pages do you have to go back to respond to a post from 2008? 9 years ago?

Just Asking
#13
COLORADO
57,586 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by blkspy
Just curious...How many pages do you have to go back to respond to a post from 2008? 9 years ago?

Just Asking

Still completely relevant today.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
57 Princess Cruises



USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32

#14
maplewood, nj
8,185 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by Colo Cruiser
Still completely relevant today.
Not questioning its Relivance. ... just wondering how far back you had to go for a 9 year old post.? I pay final payments online for all my sailings. My question had no hidden meaning. I was just curious without doing the count myself. Its a slow, cold day here
#15
16,105 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by riverboatgambler
I booked my most recent cruise on my own via the Princess website because of the great deal I got being a past passenger and after checking numerous other options, it was the best deal.

So I decided to book without talking to a Princess rep, and wanted to do the whole process without talking to a rep. (Having never recd an upgrade I was curious if this might work, probably not...but wanted to try).

However, I can't find on the website how to make my final payment.

I am just missing it or do I have to talk to a Princess rep?

Thanks for the help
You have to call.
#16
COLORADO
57,586 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by blkspy
Not questioning its Relivance. ... just wondering how far back you had to go for a 9 year old post.? I pay final payments online for all my sailings. My question had no hidden meaning. I was just curious without doing the count myself. Its a slow, cold day here

I have given up on figuring that one out. lol

We had -10 a couple of days ago with 10 inches of snow and got to 55 today and 60 tomorrow. Go figure.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
57 Princess Cruises



USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32

#17
The low desert, AZ
3,190 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by Colo Cruiser
I have given up on figuring that one out. lol

We had -10 a couple of days ago with 10 inches of snow and got to 55 today and 60 tomorrow. Go figure.
It is Colorado. I lived in the Denver area for 35 years. What seemed abnormal with the weather was what was normal.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back."
Steven Wright

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
(sort of like this I suppose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMeE9NAh60I)
#18
COLORADO
57,586 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
Originally posted by ar1950
It is Colorado. I lived in the Denver area for 35 years. What seemed abnormal with the weather was what was normal.

Yes like Alaska wait a few minutes and it will change.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
57 Princess Cruises



USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32