Freedom Cabin #6202

• 3 years later...
Anyone have any pics of this cabin or links to them? I have searched and searched through various photo posting sites and google and came up with nothing.

Thanks much!

Denise

I know this is a long shot since it has been so long since this post but I am booked in the ame cabin & am having the same problem finding review & pics! How was this room on your cruise?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
jules316 - did you book this cabin? I have it for May 2013 and I was wondering how you liked it.

Thanks!

Kathy[/quote

I'm staying in this cabin next month!! I was hoping someone would be able to help me, but at least I can help you!! I will comment when I get back.

• 1 month later...
I'm staying in this cabin next month!! I was hoping someone would be able to help me, but at least I can help you!! I will comment when I get back.

Thanks jules316. Have a great time!

Kathy

Sadly, I am home from my cruise! 6202 looks exactly like the pics above minus the balcony. It really wasn't any bigger than that. The only difference was the extra room you got on the side of the bed because the wall is slanted. The view was of the bow of the ship and helipad. It was a nice view but I did miss watching the water passing by. Also, the room had a funny smell when we arrived that lasted a few days. Almost like dirty feet. I didn't notice it much by the end of the week but maybe it was from the previous occupants.

The couch folded out into the second bed which was not very big for my 2 kids. It also was not very comfy so hopefully you are not traveling with more than 2 in your room.

I have been on 5 cruises and usually stay midship. The motion in the forward cabin was very different. It was noticeable almost all of the time but it was more of a gentle rocking. Not one of the four of us got motion sick. We all have at one point on previous cruises. Would I book this room again? No. But, I like to try new things and I am glad I picked this room. You will have a fantastic time. Any questions I haven't answered, please feel free to ask!!! Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks jules316. Have a great time!

Kathy

Sadly, I am home from my cruise! 6202 looks exactly like the pics above minus the balcony. It really wasn't any bigger than that. The only difference was the extra room you got on the side of the bed because the wall is slanted. The view was of the bow of the ship and helipad. It was a nice view but I did miss watching the water passing by. Also, the room had a funny smell when we arrived that lasted a few days. Almost like dirty feet. I didn't notice it much by the end of the week but maybe it was from the previous occupants.

The couch folded out into the second bed which was not very big for my 2 kids. It also was not very comfy so hopefully you are not traveling with more than 2 in your room.

I have been on 5 cruises and usually stay midship. The motion in the forward cabin was very different. It was noticeable almost all of the time but it was more of a gentle rocking. Not one of the four of us got motion sick. We all have at one point on previous cruises. Would I book this room again? No. But, I like to try new things and I am glad I picked this room. You will have a fantastic time. Any questions I haven't answered, please feel free to ask!!! Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks jules316. How old are your kids? We're traveling with our two sons, ages 17 and 16. Sounds like it will be tight. I may try to change our cabin! What excursions did you do? We've only been on one cruise, years ago, Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda. This will be a first multi-port cruise for us and we're already getting a cabana on Labadee. We're thinking of doing the Falls in Jamaica and snorkeling at the wreck in Grand Caymans.

Thanks for the info on the cabin and Merry Christmas!

Kathy

Kathy,

My kids are 13 and 8. The fold out couch would be a VERY tight squeeze for 2 teenagers. It was tight with my 2. It is not long enough to lay without your feet hanging off. And it's funny, we've sailed Norwegian Majesty Boston to Bermuda a long time ago, too! I think it was 2000 or 2001.

We did the dragon coaster in Labadee which was fun. It was $18 or $19 a ride though. We rode 2 to a cart so paid $36 or so. We didn't book ahead of time. Good idea on the cabana. That's definitely the way to go. That area looked very nice. Stay away from the local market area if you want to avoid being hounded by locals. I always disliked that part!

We have been to Jamaica in the past and did the falls. That was a very memorable experience and definitely a good choice! This time we decided to enjoy the ship while it was less crowded.

In Grand Cayman, I booked an excursion through island marketing, ltd. It's an independent company that I have used twice and highly recommend them. The prices are unbeatable compared to ship excursion rates! We booked a Stingray City/Snorkel (2 stops) excursion and had a blast! The crew picked up some conch shells and pulled the meat from it and cut it up for everyone to try. They also let my kids do it and gave away the beautiful conch shells. My kids got to drive the catamaran and we were able to spread out and sunbathe or whatever while we sailed out to stingray city (my 2nd time there) to swim with the rays! Awesome time!!

In Cozumel, I booked a dolphin swim with Dolphin Discovery which is in Chakanaab Park. Their website offer deals from time to time and I got buy one get one for $1.00! We took a cab right from the pier for $10 one way for all four of us. The facility had a sea lion show, manatee encounter, an area to swim/snorkel, a pool with swim up bar, a couple of shops, free lockers, and I think 2 restaurants (one outdoor). We spent over 1/2 hour with the dolphins. There was 7 in our group with 2 dolphins. We got to do a dorsal pull, foot push, and much more. They have a photographer taking photos constantly. We did purchase the very expensive cd of pics afterward for $159. But there was 155 pics lots of great shots!

The cruise ship sells a cruise in review dvd at the end of the sailing for about $29. If you go to all the shows and participate in a lot of the things around the ship, you're sure to be in it. The flow rider pics are taken on the first day if you want them to take shots of your boys surfing. We missed that because my son was sick and had to stay in the room for the first 24 hours of our cruise per the ship doctor.

I hope this info helps and again if you have any more questions, please ask! I love talking about our trip (as you can see)

Jules,

Thanks for all of the good info. My boys are pretty big, so I went ahead and booked two cabins on the 7th deck with a view of the promenade. They're adjoining and, believe it or not, only made a difference of just under $100 - total! I talked to the agent right after reading your message and someone had just cancelled, so the timing was perfect.

Thanks so much for all of the good advice. I was born and raised in the Mystic, CT area, so we were practically neighbors!

Hope your Christmas was Merry and have a Blessed New Year!

Kathy

Archived