Wehwalt

Members
Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Wehwalt's Achievements

3,000+ Club

3,000+ Club (3/15)

1. I would think HAL would go where the greater amount of revenue is, given the amount of debt they owe.
  2. I'm just going by the Navigator. If it's right, or wrong, I cannot say. We don't make a habit of going to the Crow's Nest at that hour, nor do we retain the daily programs. Enjoy the cruise. The itinerary is something, isn't it? And the weather.
  3. It is not every night of the cruise. Looking through the Navigator App, on this 11 night cruise, embarking April 19, the Crows Nest is listed as closing at 4 pm on April 21, 23, 24 and 26, on the last of which it is scheduled to reopen at 8:30. Of course, the listed hours might change, but the Crow's Nest has already been open full time three of the first five nights of the cruise (it is night here now. Or almost).
  4. Shore excursions, on the starboard side of the Crow's Nest, does remain open. I do not know how much of the area is open, but perhaps there is hope for the view lovers if not for the coffee aficionados.
  5. No. There is not. Of course the Neptune Lounge has its machine but that's for those living the suite life.
  6. I cannot say. But when I went through the Deck 10 elevator lobby with the coffee at 3:50, there were five or six people waiting for the doors to the Crow's Nest to open.
  7. DW sent me up to get coffee at a quarter to four. They closed the doors to the Crow's Nest behind me, and asked me to exit on the other side but that was blocked off by paintings so they let me out through the heavy doors.
  8. That could be, but if it's a question of arguing whether "any other reason" means that or something else, I know which side of the question I'd care to be arguing. No offense.
  9. "or in the judgment of the Captain is advisable for any reason." It covers them. I suspect they wanted to make it more explicit, and whether or not this thread had anything to do with it is speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised. Why wouldn't they?
  10. This language from paragraph 4 has been there from before the change: Carrier may without liability for refund, payment, compensation or credit, except as provided herein, disembark or refuse to embark You, confine You in a stateroom, quarantine You, restrain You, change Your accommodations or disembark You at any time if, in the sole opinion of Carrier, the Captain or any doctor, You or any minor or other person in Your care during the Cruise, Cruisetour, and/or Land Trip(s), are unfit for any reason for the Cruise, Cruisetour, and/or Land Trip(s), or Your presence might be detrimental to Your health, comfort or safety or that of any other person, or in the judgment of the Captain is advisable for any reason. "For any reason" covers a lot. For whatever reason, they made it explicit.
  11. That is the tightrope they have to walk. After all, Holland has immense power over its passengers. Covid proved that. They can change your cabin, yes, but doing so may offend you as a customer, especially since you may have paid extra to select that cabin.
  12. No, actually the cruise line is offering passage according to the conditions of its contract. That contract allows Holland to change your room. One of the terms and conditions of the contract is that the contract is the complete understanding between you and HAL. So you being told you'd have a certain cabin is not part of the contract.
  13. According to Monday's program (for Civitavecchia), the Crow's Nest Bar is open until 10 pm.
  14. DW went up to the Crow's Nest on the Oosterdam an hour or so ago (a little after three) to get us coffee to go. She relates that most of it is curtained off and you can't even walk fully around the bar and there are rows of chairs behind the curtains. I also heard that Parke West has a considerable group on board. Possibly the Crow's Nest closure is part of the reason why the Captain opened the bow in Villefrance yesterday. I did not hear if he has done the same today in Livorno.
  15. We have been informed from President's Club members that there are a number of people with 1400 days who have not been invited because some portion of those nights were as travel agent representatives, lecturers, or similar. However, those people are still well taken care of.