Laundry and Dry Cleaning Service

NedRyerson57

Latest prices are available here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2508829

My 2 cents:

1) "2 days" means "drop off Monday morning, have it returned Tuesday night," not "drop off Monday morning, have it returned Wednesday night," which is what I thought initially.

2) With the exception of the last sea day, I didn't find the launderettes to be the rugby scrum others seemed to think they were. Go early in the morning and go frequently enough that you don't need more than one washer and dryer, and you'll be fine.

I have always been pleased with the service, the price and the turn around of laundry and dry cleaning. Far more reasonable than land based hotel service or even my own local cleaners. I usually send my pre cruise clothes out on day one to have later in the cruise. It reduces the amount you have to pack and send.

Dry cleaning isn't done anymore which is such a shame. They were excellent at it, far better than the cleaners in my small market town, so I used to get all the formalwear done before leaving the ship

I keep hearing from other posters that the dry cleaning costs on QM2 rival those of their local dry cleaners and my condolences go to you. I don't find the costs to be unreasonable at all, especially given that the alternative on board is to wear dirty clothing, but the costs are 2-3 times what I'd pay at home, and I can get my clothing back the same day at no additional charge.

I keep hearing from other posters that the dry cleaning costs on QM2 rival those of their local dry cleaners and my condolences go to you. I don't find the costs to be unreasonable at all, especially given that the alternative on board is to wear dirty clothing, but the costs are 2-3 times what I'd pay at home, and I can get my clothing back the same day at no additional charge.

One one alternative is to bring more clean clothes. If you fly on Southwest in the US, you get 2 (50 lb) suitcases plus carry-on free. You can aways wash underwear in the cabin sink and hang them to dry on the shower clothes line

I consider those non-sleeping hours of the day to have real value when I am on the ship. Rather than spending that valuable time on DIY laundry, I would rather spend those hours doing and seeing things I would not normally do during the daytime at home like classes, lectures, dancing. Thanks to the Daily Programme, I very seldom have "free" time on the QM2.

Edited by BobBranst
Typos