Carnival Legend Seattle - How early can I arrive at port?

AZ Gurl

Sailing on 7/12. My check-in documents say I can board from 1-3 pm, for a 4 pm departure. We are not elite level (Gold), are not in a suite and do not have FTTF. What is the best time to actually arrive at the port to start the process of dropping off bags and checking in? Our preference is to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the first cruise day, without arriving so early that we can't drop the bags, etc.

Thank you

Sailing on 7/12. My check-in documents say I can board from 1-3 pm, for a 4 pm departure. We are not elite level (Gold), are not in a suite and do not have FTTF. What is the best time to actually arrive at the port to start the process of dropping off bags and checking in? Our preference is to arrive as early as possible to make the most of the first cruise day, without arriving so early that we can't drop the bags, etc.

Thank you

Are you flying into Sea-Tac, and if so, did you purchase Carnival airport to port transfers?

I did that this month on Legend. I left my airport hotel at 9 AM and returned to the airport. The transfer line was long, but moved quickly. They took my luggage while I was in the transfer line and I didn't see it again until it reached my cabin (very convenient!). It's a pretty long ride to the port and by the time we got there and I checked in in the priority line, boarding had just started which was around 11 or a little after.

Head's up on getting on the Carnival transfer bus to return to the airport after the cruise. The ground staff make you stand in line forever before boarding the bus. The day I was there it was very windy and chilly. It was crazy because the bus and driver were sitting right there ready but they wouldn't let us get on the bus out of the cold, and there were little kids and elderly people waiting. I thought that was very inconsiderate. And then when they did start boarding us on the bus, they only let 2 people board at a time while everyone else had to continue standing in line.

The priority debarkation was the worst I've experienced too. The dining room where we were supposed to go to wait to debark was closed and there ended up being over 100 people standing around in the corridor and by the elevators, and no one could get through the area. Then by the time they came and opened the dining room for us to wait in, debarkation started so it was move here for 30 seconds with all our luggage, and then turn right around go back where we were before to debark.

Flying into Seattle 3 days early to sightsee in Seattle. Staying in the City Center area and will be using Uber or hotel shuttle to the pier. At this point, was planning to try to arrive at the port around 11am, unless anyone tells me otherwise. Not great news about the debarkation - we have a very early return flight and I'm hoping for a smooth self assist process.

Thank you

Greetings AZ Gurl, We are also cruising on 7/12. We are SO looking forward to it. We are flying in on the morning of the 11th to do a little sightseeing before the cruise. We are using Shuttle Express to pick us up from the air port and take us to the hotel and then to the ship the next morning. The time they scheduled to pick us up from the hotel to go to the ship was 11am. I don't know if it's just their schedule or they know boarding isn't happening till then. We do have FTTF so we will see how it works out. Good luck and Happy Cruising. :)

We are leaving in August for the Legend and have the same 1:00-3:00 boarding time with no extras. Can you please let me know what time you ended up getting there and how it all worked out? We are flying in the day before. Also, what transportation did you use to get back to the airport? I still haven't figured that part out yet. Thank!

We sailed June 21 to June 28th . Used speedishuttle for transfer from airport to hotel and then port to airport . $50 each way including tip . We got to port about 1145 . Did not have FTTF but got right on the ship . . We went with some friends who were platinum ( we are only red ) and left our carry ons in their room while ours was getting ready and we hit the bar . Go to Atlantis , Intan and Zophia are wonderful .

dixieloowho - Will do - I'll report back and let you know when we arrived and when we were able to board. Based on these responses, should hopefully be earlier than the 1:00 pm posted time!