What ever happened to Beatrice Muller?

Jenna

I'm aware she had to leave her home of many years when the QE2 was withdrawn. But where did she go after that? I keep hearing conflicting stories that she found another ship, or not one at all, and even others that she is not alive anymore.:(

Does anyone know the true story of this interesting woman?

Thanks!

I'm aware of this, but I know she was writing it during her time spent on there. That doesn't really answer my question about what she is doing now.

Besides, the book doesn't seem for sale anywhere. I heard it is on sale onboard, actually, but that doesn't help me in any way.

On our crossing aboard Queen Mary 2 last year we met a woman who had known Bea as a fellow passenger for many years. Bea tried out the QM2 but found it too big; then she tried the Queen Victoria but wasn't happy with that ship. My "source" says Bea is living in a retirement home or nursing home in Florida - something she tried to avoid. I realise this is second-hand information and must be considered a rumour, but it is all I have heard.

On our crossing aboard Queen Mary 2 last year we met a woman who had known Bea as a fellow passenger for many years. Bea tried out the QM2 but found it too big; then she tried the Queen Victoria but wasn't happy with that ship. My "source" says Bea is living in a retirement home or nursing home in Florida - something she tried to avoid. I realise this is second-hand information and must be considered a rumour, but it is all I have heard.

David, you are correct. Bea did sail a few times aboard Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria, both of which she found unacceptable for one reason or the other. She is, indeed, in some sort of a retirement home now, somewhere, I have heard, in southern New Jersey. I have also heard from "those in the know," so to speak, that she was "eased" out of Cunard by someone in a very top official position.

I had a few encounters with her during the 2007 world cruise. She could be quite pleasant. On the other hand, she could be very rough on the crew and fellow passengers.

There were so many eccentric types like Bea on the world cruise, every year it seems. QE2 was such a magnet for them ;)

She was/is a celebrity only because she chose to live on the QE2.

Ma be we should respect her privacy.

David

Maybe, but considering all the interviews she's done over the years, plus that book she wrote, perhaps she wouldn't be too concerned with a few people discussing her current whereabouts. Who knows, it might lead to a few more book sales.

David, you are correct. Bea did sail a few times aboard Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria, both of which she found unacceptable for one reason or the other. She is, indeed, in some sort of a retirement home now, somewhere, I have heard, in southern New Jersey. I have also heard from "those in the know," so to speak, that she was "eased" out of Cunard by someone in a very top official position.

I had a few encounters with her during the 2007 world cruise. She could be quite pleasant. On the other hand, she could be very rough on the crew and fellow passengers.

There were so many eccentric types like Bea on the world cruise, every year it seems. QE2 was such a magnet for them ;)

She was getting too unsteady on her feet to travel alone, and as much as she loved being on board, she knew she couldn't manage on her own. Or maybe Cunard told her she couldn't. In any case, her days of living at sea are over. But even if she did have to move to a retirement home, she put it off for many years, and did so in a grand way. So good for her!

She was getting too unsteady on her feet to travel alone, and as much as she loved being on board, she knew she couldn't manage on her own. Or maybe Cunard told her she couldn't. In any case, her days of living at sea are over. But even if she did have to move to a retirement home, she put it off for many years, and did so in a grand way. So good for her!

Hear hear!

The last time I was on QE2 was the start of a world cruise NYC - LA 15 days...lo & behold the first nite out in the Chart Room I ask the wairer who the woman was that was causing such a fuss.....BEA MUELLER he replies....

Well over the course of the cruise she was so rude to the staff - the puss on her face all the time because she was displeased w/ something or someone(usually the wonderful staff) made me just walk in the oppoesite direction or sit in another area. Oh she could be pleasant when she wanted something. Even the officers had "keep a wide distance policy" with her(I knew the Chief Engineer). She was a character and her sons were wise to ship her off(or encourage her to be onboard).

Oh those poor people in that retirement home - they'll need a cruise!

Thankfully there are many more pleasant, interesting and fun people to meet in this world - Bea Mueller may have been a one off - but she appeared to be nothing more than a very unhappy person who took great efforts to be noticed in the most unpleasant of ways.

The last time I was on QE2 was the start of a world cruise NYC - LA 15 days...lo & behold the first nite out in the Chart Room I ask the wairer who the woman was that was causing such a fuss.....BEA MUELLER he replies....

Well over the course of the cruise she was so rude to the staff - the puss on her face all the time because she was displeased w/ something or someone(usually the wonderful staff) made me just walk in the oppoesite direction or sit in another area. Oh she could be pleasant when she wanted something. Even the officers had "keep a wide distance policy" with her(I knew the Chief Engineer). She was a character and her sons were wise to ship her off(or encourage her to be onboard).

Thankfully there are many more pleasant, interesting and fun people to meet in this world - Bea Mueller may have been a one off - but she appeared to be nothing more than a very unhappy person who took great efforts to be noticed in the most unpleasant of ways.

Her sons did not "ship her off," it was her decision to live on QE2 after her husband died. I had heard that she could be a terror at bridge games, but every time I met her, we had a nice chat. Maybe it takes a Jersey Girl to understand a Jersey Girl?

I wonder if she's on Cruise Critic? Who knows, one of our regulars could be the elusive Bea, albeit using an alias.

Or maybe she just lurks? So, if you're reading this, Bea, Hello!

I certainly take onboard what you are saying but perhaps we could accept she might have been a little eccentric? ;):o

I just wish I could express myself as well as Benjamin Franklin :)

Hear hear!
I think you may mean Here Here dear.....no offence of course. ...

Best, Judy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Hear, hear is an expression used as a short, repeated form of hear him, hear him. It represents a listener's agreement with the point being made by a speaker. In recent usage it has often been re-analysed as here, here, although this is incorrect.

I wonder if she's on Cruise Critic? Who knows, one of our regulars could be the elusive Bea, albeit using an alias.

Naa, she wouldn't as she probably would have treated the computer with her stick.

Yes, we have had a few lunches with her...

I also ran into a fellow passenger who knew and talked to Mrs. Mueller- well let´s put it that way- she wasn´t a big fan of Bea´s either- even went as far as calling her such a b****ch. Well I suppose all of us have their good and their not so good days. LOL!

Archived