Airline Boarding Passes

Marmaduke

Are there computers on board the O ships that you can used to check in for your homeward flight, and is there any charge for printing your boarding passes?

When I was on Riviera last year there were computers that could be used to print your boarding passes and there was no charge

it used to be 25 cents per printed sheet it is added to your onboard account automatically

I do not bother printing them off anymore since I usually go to the counter to check my bag anyway

it used to be 25 cents per printed sheet it is added to your onboard account automatically

I do not bother printing them off anymore since I usually go to the counter to check my bag anyway

+1

With cruise luggage in tow, printing the Boarding Pass on the ship does not save ANY time or effort later. Let the lovely Airlines Agent do it. . :hearteyes:

+1

With cruise luggage in tow, printing the Boarding Pass on the ship does not save ANY time or effort later. Let the lovely Airlines Agent do it. . :hearteyes:

I am resisting change as long as I can :)

I bypass the kiosks at the airport that print baggage tags as well

My personal protest against self serve machines :halo:

Are there computers on board the O ships that you can used to check in for your homeward flight, and is there any charge for printing your boarding passes?

If this is an international flight you have to see an agent with your passport - don’t waste your time printing a boarding pass.

Budget Airlines of any nationality = silly fees. The choice to use them are your own.

I am sure you didn’t mean that to sound so aggressive! I was just pointing out something that people from the US might not be aware of, judging by the previous comments. And printing out your boarding pass yourself is the way to avoid silly fees.

Unless of course you are using one of the budget European airlines who will charge you a small fortune to print your boarding card!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

what do they charge for boarding passes ?

Seems silly but I guess it is a way for them to get more $ or GBP from people

what do they charge for boarding passes ?

Seems silly but I guess it is a way for them to get more $ or GBP from people

Ryanair recently announced it will be £55!

If you are in Europe, the budget airlines are often your only choice for getting from A to B.

Ryanair recently announced it will be £55!

If you are in Europe, the budget airlines are often your only choice for getting from A to B.

That can't be right?

If one is on an O ship and has access to either of the Lounges, the attendant there will typically do it for you for free.

On a R ship, I believe there is a small charge.

Have never needed to fly a “discount “ carrier in Europe, so never had the need to preprint the pass. Friends that live part time outside of Salzburg use them regularly. He’s never really sure he’s ever saved money using them after all the fees and hassle.

If one is on an O ship and has access to either of the Lounges, the attendant there will typically do it for you for free.

On a R ship, I believe there is a small charge.

Have never needed to fly a “discount “ carrier in Europe, so never had the need to preprint the pass. Friends that live part time outside of Salzburg use them regularly. He’s never really sure he’s ever saved money using them after all the fees and hassle.

Yes, if you have a choice of carrier it is best to do the sums before making a booking. Though as I said, often there is no choice.

If you have access to the Concierge Lounge, the Concierge can do it.

Only once in 6 Oceania cruises have I been able to get a boarding pass printed for me by staff. I have been refused multiple times by front desk, computer room and Concierge lounge staff who tell me to do it myself and print cost of 25 cents per page must be charged to my stateroom account. I usually just wait to get my boarding when I check my bag at the airport.

Only once in 6 Oceania cruises have I been able to get a boarding pass printed for me by staff. I have been refused multiple times by front desk, computer room and Concierge lounge staff who tell me to do it myself and print cost of 25 cents per page must be charged to my stateroom account. I usually just wait to get my boarding when I check my bag at the airport.

No offense intended, but frankly I'm glad that you were refused.

Enabling Oceania Staff to sign onto an Airlines Website in order to print those passes would involve giving out Passwords which they have no business having and which you ought not to be so free about giving out .

:evilsmile::mad:

No offense intended, but frankly I'm glad that you were refused.

Enabling Oceania Staff to sign onto an Airlines Website in order to print those passes would involve giving out Passwords which they have no business having and which you ought not to be so free about giving out .

:evilsmile::mad:

I would NEVER share log in credentials and from my experience it is never necessary to log in to an airline's website to get a boarding pass. I just go to "check in" option and enter locator code for my flight. Sharing locator code is not a problem in my opinion.

Of course if I am checking in myself I do have the option of logging in and accessing a "my flights" or similar section of the website in order to check in, but I have never found logging in to be a necessary step to check in and get a boarding pass for a flight.

I would NEVER share log in credentials and from my experience it is never necessary to log in to an airline's website to get a boarding pass. I just go to "check in" option and enter locator code for my flight. Sharing locator code is not a problem in my opinion.

Same. No login required.

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone. So far, no matter where we are, getting our return airline tickets have never been an issue. All that is needed is the locator code, flight info and a computer/printer. I don't recall any fees, either. At least on our chosen airlines, we need to do this within 24 hours of departure.

Mary

For the record, we are on Riviera right now (May 17th) and there is a clear sign announcing the 25 cents per page charge for printing. I assume that holds to boarding passes as well,

But I agree that while I've always liked to print them out at home (or wherever), they toss ours and give us new ones, so why bother? When we were preparing to leave from Newark Airport to Brussels, then on to Nice, on United -- I wasn't able to check in with UAL, let alone print a boarding pass. And I didn't need them at all,

Mura

But I agree that while I've always liked to print them out at home (or wherever), they toss ours and give us new ones, so why bother?

Mura

Same here

I paid to print them off & then the airline tossed them & gave us cards

so I just check in online & get the boarding cards at the airport

Of course if I am checking in myself I do have the option of logging in and accessing a "my flights" or similar section of the website in order to check in, but I have never found logging in to be a necessary step to check in and get a boarding pass for a flight.

Yes, you are correct. Of all the airline boarding passes I've had printed by any hotel or airline staff, I never had to give my login credentials to the staff. When I check in my self on a public hotel or airline computer, I also avoid logging, as there are computer viruses that record all the keystrokes, so better safe than sorry.