Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

dodgestang

Members
  • Content Count

    700
  • Joined

About dodgestang

  • Rank
    Cool Cruiser

About Me

  • Location
    Cecil County, MD
  • Interests
    Mustangs
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    RC
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Coco

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Yeah....I keep buying it and selling it....making small gains....if I had just held it from the first buy and sold today I would have made about 30% more than I have so far....but I'm too nervous to hold it for more than a few days at time....just keep waiting for another 'shot over the bow' in terms of more delays in ports, more strange rules in covid, more bad economic news in general....
  2. People react at different speeds. If markets are open....knee jerk reaction can tank you quickly...aka a bunch of people get nervous sell, stock starts to slide, more people get nervous, they sell, stock slides more...it hits threshhold, then major holders auto trading kicks in...... If market is closed, the initial knee jerk is delayed and in after hour trading it might take a small hit and then recover by the time the major indexes open the next business day.
  3. I saw the CA announcement early today and called RCL about 12:30....took 10 minutes and 'lifted/shifted' my two reservations from Aug 2 2020 to Aug 15 2021.....I had already cancelled all my cruise planner items 2 weeks ago thinking this would happen and I didn't want to have the full cruise fare plus another 6-7k in cruise planner items sitting in RCL bank account for 2 years. Still waiting on that refund though 😉
  4. Not sure its been mentioned or not....the FCC can't be used for the depo....so that means you do not need (or want) to wait for the FCC prior to booking the replacement (especially if you have a specific cabin you want)
  5. Whoa there.....didn't mean to derail the thread into yet another other COVID-19 measurement contests. PSA....sharing a news tidbit saying clearly the virus doesn't spread as easily on surfaces as first thought is not an open invitation that I want to start an internet argument since neither one of us is saying the virus doesn't spread that way; just that it doesn't spread as easily as thought. So, you know the whole doom and gloom images of countries walking around outside sanitizing side walks that help whipped up this entire crapfest? Well, now that we know more about the virus those actions appear now to be what we call in the industry 'an overreaction' 🙂
  6. No one knows....we can only make assumptions at this point.
  7. Some good news coming out of CDC today......according to this news source https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-now-says-coronavirus-does-not-spread-easily-via-contaminated-surfaces
  8. Well silver lining (at least for me)....cruising to the private islands is preferable to some of the ports ;). Especially if do enjoy the beach/water sport/activities.....
  9. 1. Hold onto money as long as possible before having to start refund process and get as many final payments in as possible from people holding out hope that didn't cancel already. 2. Waiting a little longer than previous because they didn't want to make negative announcement on one day and then negative announcement about losses at earnings call only a few days later
  10. Well....it is only an assumption 😉 An assumption that can be extended 😉 maybe previous break even model/published info doesn't not take into account additional costs around covid-19 activities......like cleaning efforts/supplies during sailings decon between sailings personnel requirements to support screening at various ports of calls Unknown/TBD costs that may be assessed at various ports of call
  11. I would 'assume' these have lower total operation cost.
  12. Well if that's the case....they they are just protecting themselves right...... If I do a lift and shift now.....I get same pricing. If I do a 'move my money to a new booking cruise' (which is essentially the same as a lift and shift without the same price guarantee) using a 125% future cruise credit it then turns into a small gambling dice throw....will the room/itinerary have greater than a 25% rate increase for next year........but.........I already pre-booked the room to insulated myself from that and the rate was about the same. I only did that for the one room...so my only exposure would be on the GS category.....I think that's a good gamble 😉
  13. They way I see it you have 3 options. 1. Straight cancel (assuming you are fully refundable) 2. Lift/shift into next year 3. Make final payment, wait for cancel, and hope for a 125% credit to apply to bring cost down for next year. Since you have not bought airfare yet you can wait on that till very close in. It all comes down to if you can afford to tie up the funds for the sailing for almost a year or not to take option 3
  14. lol. The time to go on a cruise is whenever the boats sail ;). So until it is cancelled... Trying times for sure. But at some point....someone.....somewhere.....is going to be the 'first' sailing when cruising restarts. No one knows when, or who, or where yet.....
×
×
  • Create New...