Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Thanks for all the pics and links, everybody. i've been following this thread pretty much since the beginning, so it's awesome to see it all come together.

i was looking forward to north star, but i have to say, the pictures from the pod are making me a little dizzy.... :eek:

Monday at 6 am.

Sorry I just checked the elevator and saw that it was only sunday. ☺ I am on vacation mode and forgot what day it was. Much welcomed sea day today. Weather finally cooperating.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Awesome ship!

Got photos of the glass enclosure (also known as the bus stop) for smokers and Jamie's Italian restaurant exterior seating area.

Also managed to get out on one of the bridge wings - the automatic door happened to be unlocked(?) one day. Tried the doors on both wings right away on Day 1, but they were locked (or not working). Don't know if guests are allowed to access the wing, but a few of us did. :D

Will post photos tonight if you want to see them.

Awesome ship!

Got photos of the glass enclosure (also known as the bus stop) for smokers and Jamie's Italian restaurant exterior seating area.

Also managed to get out on one of the bridge wings - the automatic door happened to be unlocked(?) one day. Tried the doors on both wings right away on Day 1, but they were locked (or not working). Don't know if guests are allowed to access the wing, but a few of us did. :D

That's a shame. Wonder if it was more a matter of the weather than that passengers aren't allowed out there. They often close the bow due to weather conditions. Any recommendations on where to go for arrivals and departures? Seems like the bridge wings are the only place to go. The other spot I saw was above the SeaPlex but that seems to be a suite only area. It's a shame they didn't put stairs at the front of the jogging track to a little observation deck on that round metal part of the Solarium roof.

Awesome ship!

Welcome back Lloyd! Hope you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Welcome back Lloyd! Hope you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Thanks! Glad I went on this cruise, even with some of the hiccups and glitches. I will post some photos tonight if my cold doesn't shut me down! having seen some of the photos from other travelers, I am so investing in a better camera. :rolleyes:

The outside areas over the bridge wings.

Port side

7aadc5d2049d10fa44ffc3bba388595e.jpg

c8171d4cc4864f5cf0062d487fd6ceb9.jpg

A different view of the North Star

447a8d7b1bd1d8a2f8f24e9947545619.jpg

733d0931de8598fe0feadab596406a48.jpg

68c8998f75a6a5120aeb9639267b6d56.jpg

1e38fcf3ceaa69caca370a7e1d8ae433.jpg

Note: The land that you see in the photo above is one of the Azores islands. The ship had to stop there during the transatlantic passage due to a medical emergency.

The outside areas over the bridge wings.

Starboard side

The door was open, but it closed automatically while I turned to talk to another photographer. I missed going out onto the wing and tried the door, but it was locked. D'oh! Luckily I managed to get out onto the other wing a few days later. People standing around outside let me out onto the area.

df998d8d3d09bc781a01e2df643bca94.jpg

e2be367d90dc32deeab0192d12e7dab1.jpg

389a20cd73fac7a4d355470f9669897c.jpg

9885690b47b51a771366195bb68013eb.jpg

Great photos Lloyd. Thanks for sharing those and getting a good closeup of glass enclosures :). So is the area over the bridge wings going to be generally accessible to all passengers but due to bad weather perhaps closed off? A few of those forward cabins/balconies have no privacy.

Note: The land that you see in the photo above is one of the Azores islands. The ship had to stop there during the transatlantic passage due to a medical emergency.

I thought it was because a crew member had relatives and wanted to get closer to shore:rolleyes:

Great photos Lloyd. Thanks for sharing those and getting a good closeup of glass enclosures :). So is the area over the bridge wings going to be generally accessible to all passengers but due to bad weather perhaps closed off? A few of those forward cabins/balconies have no privacy.

Don't know about accessibility. I should have asked, but didn't get around to it.

Does anyone know why this was done?

I also thought it was odd considering all the trouble they went through to get it painted and put the Quantum sign. For why, the only thing I can think of is sun reflection from the lighter paint was/could be "bad" for suite guest above or maybe they will put solar panels there. Just a guess.

I also thought it was odd considering all the trouble they went through to get it painted and put the Quantum sign. For why, the only thing I can think of is sun reflection from the lighter paint was/could be "bad" for suite guest above or maybe they will put solar panels there. Just a guess.

When I was on board I noticed this too, very strange. Although I've been trying to look at images/videos from when she arrived in NYC and has it been painted back white now?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One thing to remember about that area, you can't see it. I was there when she arrived on the 10th (see my photo video thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2125887 ) and it's impossible to see what's there from the ground. Not sure if the people in non balcony areas (concierge and conference center) can see it, but that area may be something very few see so who knows what logic will go into it. They could have been disappointed in the appearance since it was not very visible but rather redundant as the name appears several times in that area. We know Richard Fain has been personally making a lot of detail changes on his tours so it could be something he just wanted different. The grey is a bit odd since they went with blue as the accent color everywhere else, but it could even be some kind of primer some other kind of surface to go there. Even if it's not for use, I wonder what a classic wood styled deck would look like in that area.

Edited by DEIx15x8