Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

Just a quick note to thank you and let everyone know that I have received a response to my request for a coupon! You are wonderful! Can't wait for our first cruise and I'm already thinking about another... :):):)

Ciao,

Croce

Hello,

My wife and I are embarking on our first cruise in July on the Legend, along with 3 other people. I've learned a lot from this board, and chose Seabourn for my first cruise because of the wonderful comments on this site.

After reading about the referral coupons, such as the one posted by Croce recently, I thought that I would also throw our hat in the ring and make a request. I know that this is of great value, and I would MORE than appreciate anyone who would be kind and generous enough to share a referral coupon with me.

I have already FULLY PAID for my cruise, so this is risk-free. You can reach me at lchan136@yahoo.com for any questions. We live in California, and would love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Moose8

Moose8 - I think I'm correct here and if I'm not then other Seabournites will chip in, but I think you have to send the referral coupon before or with your final payment. Our TA asked for ours weeks ago and we don't pay our final payment until July for a late September cruise. Hope you get one if I'm wrong.

Seabourn only issues the $400 onboard credit once both parties are paid in full.

Not sure as to the deadline for sending the coupons to Blue Lagoon Dr. ~~I've always sent mine a few months before final payment.

Happy Sailing!

Martita B.

Seabourn only issues the $400 onboard credit once both parties are paid in full.

Not sure as to the deadline for sending the coupons to Blue Lagoon Dr. ~~I've always sent mine a few months before final payment.

Happy Sailing!

Martita B.

Thats not entirely correct. The new cruiser must be paid in full and the redemption (both) coupons are generated. The referring cruiser may use the redemption coupon at a later date / cruise.

Host Dan

Edited by Host Dan

The language on the coupon is a bit ambiguous. here is how it reads:

Original referral coupons must be received prior to sailing. $400 Onboard Gift Cerificates are per suite, non-transferable and will be issued once the referree submits the original coupon with final payment.

So does this mean you can submit until the date of sailing or until final payment? I always thought final payment, but this is far from clear. I would call Seabourn and quote them this language.

To the OP: I don't have any coupons left--just the instructions. Sorry.

Just a note to let you know that a very kind Seabourn Sailor has gifted me with a referral coupon. You know who you are -- thank you very much!! :)

Hubby and I are looking forward to our first Seabourn cruise with great excitement!!

Jackie

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I greatly appreciate it. One person I contacted at Seabourn said that the referral coupon can be redeemed up until the time of the cruise.

So if anyone would be generous enough to share a coupon, I can promise that I am trustworthy! And I have already paid in full, so there is no risk to you. Again, you can contact me at lchan136@yahoo.com.

Thank you--

I guess I've not considered this matter before, but, having noticed so many recent posts about referral coupons, I've become interested. So, as a many times Seaborn sailor, how do you obtain a referral form?

I've now checked twice on the Seabourn web, with zero success. So, how does one obtain the required form?

I guess I've not considered this matter before, but, having noticed so many recent posts about referral coupons, I've become interested. So, as a many times Seaborn sailor, how do you obtain a referral form?

I've now checked twice on the Seabourn web, with zero success. So, how does one obtain the required form?

Anthony,

Call the Seabourn Club desk..

Host Dan

I'm new to Seabourn and have booked the Caribbean maiden cruise on Odyssey in November. I personally know a Seabourn cruiser and asked if she would be willing to provide me with a coupon but she does not have one and does not know how to go about it.

Are the coupons given automatically to cruisers when they complete their cruise or do they have to be requested from Seabourn? could someone please explain the process? Many thanks,

My friends were having a hard time getting through to the Club Desk by phone - very long wait times. I tried myself (got through fairly quickly) and asked what's the most efficient way to request the referral coupons. I was told that yes, you can call but also you can email them at "seabournclub at seabourn dot com" giving them your name, mailing address and club number and requesting the coupon. My friend emailed them and within 1 day got an email back letting him know that the coupon was being sent to him.

It may take a bit longer depending on how long it takes the club desk to process the email requests but seems fairly painless, mostly for those trying to call from overseas.

Hi: We are traveling on the Odyssey on August 1 and would like a referral coupon. (As we are fully paid you know we'll use the coupon and Seabourn tells me it is fine to submit the coupon after you are paid up.) I do need it fast though, to be sure we get all paperwork done before we leave on our pre-cruise vacation!

Please respond to me here and we can exchange information at that time.

Thank you!

My wife and I are cruising for the first time on the Seabourne Odyssey. We are leaving from Athens the 12th of September. I am reading about referral coupons and was wondering how one might get a coupon. We are located in the southeastern US.

Hi: We are traveling on the Odyssey on August 1 and would like a referral coupon. (As we are fully paid you know we'll use the coupon and Seabourn tells me it is fine to submit the coupon after you are paid up.) I do need it fast though, to be sure we get all paperwork done before we leave on our pre-cruise vacation!

Please respond to me here and we can exchange information at that time.

Thank you!

Are you located in the U.S.?

Host Dan

My wife and I leave on the 8th of August if anyone can get one to me before that would be great. We live in Washington DC area. Please respond to me if you can get one to me. thank you so kindly

This may be OT, but perhaps not. I just wanted to praise Seabourn's customer service and also to send a heads-up to folks.

I mailed our Referral Coupon to Seabourn a couple of weeks ago but it has not yet arrived (and the date for our final payment is fast approaching! :eek:). Luckily, I sent it by Certified Mail and so could track its progress (or lack thereof :rolleyes:) and I also then had evidence that it had in fact been sent . I called Seabourn and talked with their reservations department. In spite of the wandering original coupon, Seabourn has accepted a copy of it and will honor it. All the great things I have read about Seabourn customer service are true!! What a great company to do business with.

The morals of this story are:

1) make a copy of the coupon before you send it out,

2) send it by certified mail or another way that it can be tracked and

3) then be sure to check that it has (or has not) arrived,

4) give yourself some lead time between sending in your coupon (either to Seabourn directly or to your TA) and the date your final payment is due, and - most important -

5) cruise with Seabourn!!

My wife and i have been silversea customers for years but are first time seabourn customers booked for the 11/24/09 odyssey caribbean cruise. We would like to take part in the referal coupon program, if anyone is willing to share a coupon we would appreciate it.

We are located in the philadelphia area, thank you

slk54@verizon.net