Drinks in cabin

carlucci40

Some cruise lines allow you to bring some soda...some don't. We don't drink soda very much, but if we do want one, we just buy a can...that makes 2 glasses over ice. On most lines, a can will run $3-4+.

And some other cruise lines provide it at no extra cost.

I’m just wondering what most people do, bring ther soft drinks with them or pay the outrageous price of $10 for a 6 pack. Thoughts?

depends on the cruise line. many do not permit you to bring soda on board at all.

the soda only drink package is usually quite reasonable if you drink a lot of soda( more than 3 cans a day) Royal even has the Coke Freestyle machines on many of their ships to offer even more variety.

I believe Disney allows you to bring as much soda as you want in cans aboard. and its free on board( everybody else charges for it)

as for me, I don't drink soda at all. the included free lemonade, iced tea and flavored water is perfectly fine for my daily consumption.

(everybody else charges for it)

Not "everybody." Some cruise lines provide soda, bottled water (even Pellegrino), juices, specialty coffees at no extra charge. Included alcohol varies on these mostly premium or luxury lines.

BTW, this is just one of many cost factors that should be considered when comparing cruise prices. Rather than cabin price, always compare "net daily rate" cost (e.g., are airfare/air credit, internet, specialty restaurants included in the cabin price?).

I sail Carnival, and we always bring a 12-pack each. That's about $7 max. Although we never drink it all. I might bring less next time.

To me, there is no better soda than a cold can. Coke freestyle is a close second. If I can bring my own cans, I'm doing that.

DW always brings a supply of Crystal Light ice teas mixes so that she can keep some in the cabin fridge. We also tell our steward that we want plenty of ice (normally filled twice a day). On some cruises we will have a drink package, and in those cases we will often bring drinks (alcohol, cans of soda or Perrier) back to the cabin.

Hank

I’m just wondering what most people do, bring ther soft drinks with them or pay the outrageous price of $10 for a 6 pack. Thoughts?
My DH and I have done all 3 ways. We too don't drink that much is why we don't bring our own. To make the run down.

1. Even though we got FTTF we still have to lug the drinks on the ship. You can't place them in your luggage.

2. Getting the Bottomless Bubbles has become way to expensive. Started out at $25. pp now it's at $69. pp + tips every time we get it.

3. Now we get the soda from the Fun Shops. Ya $10.00 is a little steep but the benefits out way the price. We buy 1 case of water, 2-6 pack of soda 1 for him and one for me. It lasts the whole 7 day trip. Ya, it does cost us $24. but we have found it's better than paying $3.00 every time we want a soda from the bar or paying the large price for the BBS.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Which ones? I drink a lot of soda and would love to get it included in my cruise fare. Thanks. :)

Pretty much every premium and luxury line includes an unlimited amount of any and all non-alcoholic beverages. Even most of the wine and spirits are complimentary or, at least, available as an included perk option or as a paid package (depending on the particular cruise line).

Not "everybody." Some cruise lines provide soda, bottled water (even Pellegrino), juices, specialty coffees at no extra charge. Included alcohol varies on these mostly premium or luxury lines.

BTW, this is just one of many cost factors that should be considered when comparing cruise prices. Rather than cabin price, always compare "net daily rate" cost (e.g., are airfare/air credit, internet, specialty restaurants included in the cabin price?).

Yes, a number of Lines provide complimentary drinks, both alcoholic & non-alcoholic. Our next cruise is with Viking Ocean and they are providing all-inclusive drinks.

Is that expensive?

A ship or restaurant isn't a supermarket.

We cruise Carnival and it's 4 of us so we always take 48 sodas on with us. No way I'd pay ship prices for sodas.

So in Carnival, you can bring 12 cans for each passenger? Just curious as i have no experience, how do you bring 48 cans to the ship if you cant put it inside your luggage? Do you carry it around with you until you go to your room? How bout just bring a 2L onboard instead of cans?

So in Carnival, you can bring 12 cans for each passenger? Just curious as i have no experience, how do you bring 48 cans to the ship if you cant put it inside your luggage? Do you carry it around with you until you go to your room? How bout just bring a 2L onboard instead of cans?

You can't take a 2L, cans only. Yes each passenger (even babies) can take 12 cans each. My suitcase has a handle and wheels so I just sit my drinks on top of my suitcase and roll them around until I get to the cruise terminal. Once there, I can carry 4 things of drinks from the cruise terminal to my cabin once I drop my luggage off.

depends on the cruise line. many do not permit you to bring soda on board at all.

the soda only drink package is usually quite reasonable if you drink a lot of soda( more than 3 cans a day) Royal even has the Coke Freestyle machines on many of their ships to offer even more variety.

I believe Disney allows you to bring as much soda as you want in cans aboard. and its free on board( everybody else charges for it)

as for me, I don't drink soda at all. the included free lemonade, iced tea and flavored water is perfectly fine for my daily consumption.

But what is the daily cabin cost on Disney. You pay for it one way or another.

DON

I like soda but I don't drink much of it on the ship (We usually go Carnival). I find water, tea, and lemonade to be fine. I do usually pre- order a 12 pack of bottled water - Carnival sells it in the Fun Shops for a reasonable fee. I bring Crystal light packets or the flavor drops to add to it.

We bring our sodas. We bring a rolling cooler and the packs fit easily in the cooler when boarding. We also carry on wine and I bring my own Red Bull and corkscrew, all in the cooler. We order water beforehand and will bring a mug with a lid for carrying drinks around.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does NCL offer canned drinks onboard at all? I’ve got the beverage package, but I’ll need a Pepsi when I first wake up and don’t want to have to go down several floors and across the ship just to find a cafe or bar!

Prior to 2016, NCL allowed us to bring soda onboard - none is allowed anymore. :(

AFAIK, you would need to go to a cafe or bar to get your soda as I have never seen any canned beverages onboard since the change in rules. You can check with guest relations upon check-in and perhaps they can accommodate you.