Best Way to Hotel From Airport

Never having been to Sydney before, can someone suggest the best, easiest way to get from the airport to hotel very near the Overseas Passenger Terminal. It is Holiday Inn on George Street. We arrive around noon on 11/28. Sure would appreciate your help!!

Easiest way for more than one person would be taxi.

Best way could be by train.

Never having been to Sydney before, can someone suggest the best, easiest way to get from the airport to hotel very near the Overseas Passenger Terminal. It is Holiday Inn on George Street. We arrive around noon on 11/28. Sure would appreciate your help!!

going by train it costs about $17 one way so for 2 people still cheaper than a taxi

It very much depends on how much luggage you have and how tired you are after your flight.

Taxis are quick, direct but expensive.

Trains are cheap but you have to handle your own luggage and walk from the station to the hotel.

Shuttle buses are medium prices but you may end up waiting a while and/or trundling around Sydney from one hotel to another before arriving at your one.

Personally after a long international flight I would head for the taxi rank.

It very much depends on how much luggage you have and how tired you are after your flight.

Taxis are quick, direct but expensive.

Trains are cheap but you have to handle your own luggage and walk from the station to the hotel.

Shuttle buses are medium prices but you may end up waiting a while and/or trundling around Sydney from one hotel to another before arriving at your one.

Personally after a long international flight I would head for the taxi rank.

Private car service like Black Opal. Check Trip Advisor for recommendations.

BTW, check mozio.com, which is a great search engine for international airport transfers. At the very least, it will give you ballpark costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said

Train $17 pp and a 10-15 minute walk

Taxi about $50

And with the Sydney Traffic congestion and delays, it could be $100. :( That meter really ticks.:evilsmile:

Uber is the go, get a fixed price for trip.

Yes, indeed train is the way to go to the city. We use it when cruising out of Sydney or flying out of Sydney. Drive up from Batemans Bay, leave our car at brother in laws place @ Engadine (southern suburbs) then train it. Just topped up the Opal Cards the other day.:halo:

Do taxis take credit cards? We're planning to take one from the airport to our hotel, from our hotel to Hard Rock Cafe, and to the port on sailing day. We'd like to limit he amount of US money we convert to AU dollars

Yes they do but the have a 5% surcharge for the use of credit cards

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do taxis take credit cards? We're planning to take one from the airport to our hotel, from our hotel to Hard Rock Cafe, and to the port on sailing day. We'd like to limit he amount of US money we convert to AU dollars
What hotel are you staying at we may be able to save you some cash?

Please explain what you mean. I haven't booked our hotel yet but plan to do so in the next day or two.

I think what he is saying is that the location of your hotel may make a difference to how we suggest you get to and from the places you want to, at the best price.

Please explain what you mean. I haven't booked our hotel yet but plan to do so in the next day or two.

Sydney has a great Public Transport system,Rail, Bus, Light Rail, Ferries; and free Tourist Buses. So if your Hotel was in the area of say The Rocks,Circular Quay it would pay you to take the train from the Airport cost about $17AUD per person;as against a taxi $50 -100 AUD. OPT is within walking distance.,short walk to Ferry about $10 will take you to Darling Harbour for the Hard Rock....Taxis can send you broke in Sydney, hope this helps your planning and welcome to the land of Vegemite.