Ponant has 9 ships so why doesn't it have its own thread?

MMDown Under

• 2 weeks later...

I have no inside knowledge, but those 9 ships are all small-ships so the total passenger/year capacity is still small. Also notice how the Ponant threads here don't get (m)any answers. We're taking the Ponant Iceland Circumnavigation next year – but we booked it through Backroads to get included active shore excursions.

I have no inside knowledge, but those 9 ships are all small-ships so the total passenger/year capacity is still small. Also notice how the Ponant threads here don't get (m)any answers. We're taking the Ponant Iceland Circumnavigation next year – but we booked it through Backroads to get included active shore excursions.

Sounds like a great cruise, especially with included shore excursions.

Ponant cruises include Australia's Kimberley, Asia and Oceania, The Arctic and Northern Europe, the Baltic, Mediterranean, North America, The Great Lakes and Latin America. I feel this wide variety of adventure cruising should warrant a stand alone thread on CC.

Sounds like a great cruise, especially with included shore excursions.

Ponant cruises include Australia's Kimberley, Asia and Oceania, The Arctic and Northern Europe, the Baltic, Mediterranean, North America, The Great Lakes and Latin America. I feel this wide variety of adventure cruising should warrant a stand alone thread on CC.

We found some excellent Ponant info on trip advisor. Just wish it was located here!

I have no inside knowledge, but those 9 ships are all small-ships so the total passenger/year capacity is still small.

Two cruise lines I'm familiar with (American Cruise Line and American Queen Steamboat Company) have only small ships, and they are not under "Other Cruise Lines." So apparently the critieria for a cruise line having own thread is something else. As noted in other posts, I and others have e-mailed CC asking what the criteria is, and have received no reply.

We are confirmed on the Tauck "Fire and Ice" Iceland Cruise/tour this July. A new ship, Le Laperouse.

We are hoping the ship is ready. Suppose to be starting its journeys in June.

We are hoping it will be exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

Queenie, look forward to your feedback, I’ve got two bookings on Le Laperouse next year (Cairns to Sydney, and Sub-Antarctic islands from NZ). You’ll be among the first onboard!

I note they’ve ordered another two of this class of ship (now 6 in total) and an ice-breaker version, so they’ll have 12 ships shortly.

and the same can be said for Hapag Lloyd - HL pax must write everything in "luxury" despite the Europa sisters are for the leading guide for cruises the "best " since many years !!!

Quite agree! It's so annoying trying to find Hapag Lloyd posts by a combination of sleuth and seredipity. With new ships like Hanseatic inspiration coming on line too it's really annoying...and weird to see a folder open up for untested operators like Virgin.

Hi everyone -

I've talked to Laura, who oversees the forums, and she's going to look into adding a Ponant forum. Stay tuned!

Thank you. I have booked Ponant for Antarctica Nov. 2018 and more info is always helpful. Agree, they need their own forum.

Thank you. I have booked Ponant for Antarctica Nov. 2018 and more info is always helpful. Agree, they need their own forum.

We are going in Jan 2019 and would love to hear about your experience when you return!

• 3 weeks later...
Ponant has 9 ships, with 100 departures from April to November, 2019, according to latest brochure, so I believe it should have its own thread rather than be under "other cruise lines".

Thanks for bringing this to CC management's attention. As of today (June 8, 2018) it seems that Ponant does have its own forum! [And thanks for bringing Ponant to my attention – we are considering booking their unique New Zealand-only cruise]

Thanks for bringing this to CC management's attention. As of today (June 8, 2018) it seems that Ponant does have its own forum! [And thanks for bringing Ponant to my attention – we are considering booking their unique New Zealand-only cruise]

Thanks to CC Management for creating a separate thread for Ponant.

Ponant has attracted my attention because it has a lot of unique cruises in our region, as well as Antarctica.

I hope you find their unique NZ cruise meets your needs.

I can't open the first sponsored thread to respond, however there is a typing error with "Azamara Cruises" in lieu of "Ponant".

I have already reported the bad link, which is due to an extra 'h' in the URL. This is the correct link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/advertorial/2017/ponant/

Thanks for spotting the Azamara error – I didn't see that!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone -

I've talked to Laura, who oversees the forums, and she's going to look into adding a Ponant forum. Stay tuned!

I see there is now a Ponant forum.

So when will a Hapag-Lloyd forum be added? Or is there a problem adding a forum for luxury German run ships? It is indeed mystifying, as English Voyager and Vistaman pointed out.

I guess one advantage is that given the difficulty getting bookings of choice on HL it is a good thing that CC deliberately makes it difficult to find anything out about it on an English language forum — more room only for people in the know! 🙄