Help with cruise in June

leepforjoy

My husband and I are planning on going on an Alaskan cruise in June. After looking at many reviews I think I want to leave from Vancouver and cruise one way and then rent a car and go to Denali and then fly home from Anchorage.I am trying to figure out which cruise line to take and I can see that all cruise lines have good reviews and bad reviews. I am considering Norwegian, Princess, and Holland's 2 different boats. They all go to Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau. I did listen to peoples advice and looked at different shore activities because that might come into play for the cruise line. I think we want to do a Emerald lake tour and the train back in Skagway so Celebrity and Royal Caribbean timing does not work. I have ideas what I want to do in the other ports as well but will check out what the ship has to offer also.

All three cruise lines go to Glacier Bay which we want to see. The Norwegian goes to Hubbard glacier as well and Princess goes to College Fjord. Also Princess arrives in Whittier at 12:30am where the other two arrive at 4:30 and 5:00am. If you land at 12:30 do you just get a room and sleep some. Also another question is I have read that Kenai fjord which you get to from Seward is beautiful but pretty choppy and quite a few people get seasick which is a concern of mine even though I do take medicine. Prince William Sound is also beautiful but usually calmer. If Holland would be a nicer cruise or the Norwegian we could just rent our car and drive to Whittier.

As for the cruise I would say food is a little more important than entertainment. This is our first cruise so any help would be much appreciated. Also I read an article on cruise critic about cruise travel agents that they can be helpful. I normally just do the arrangements myself but if this is helpful I would gladly get one. Does anyone have an agent they used who they like?

Good start. :) You might always want to compare cruise costs? Sometimes those can be significant.

A suggestion would be to consult your healthcare professional for motion sickness remedies . Be sure to mention what you have used and didn't work. This may be all that is needed to consider a Kenai Fjords boat trip?

Whittier is certainly wonderful as well. Princes William Sound is very scenic and worth the time for a boat tour, if of interest

If you have dates, rent those cars- now. Sorry to say, it will be costly, but think of the freedom and opportunities it will "buy". :) Alaska is a place that has hundreds of touring options. You will see and do, twice as much with a rental car compared to a tour. :)