10-12-17 Thursday Weigh in

mdaviswv

Good morning. Its a big day here for me. I'm down another 2 and FINALLY weighed in at less than 200lbs! Its easily been 20+ yrs since I was there last. So I'm down 30lbs since April and probably 40 something over the last couple of years. Its about 5wks from next cruise at this point. So no time to celebrate yet. :)

I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying your week. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Mike

Good Morning,

Mike, thanks for the thread and congrats on your weight loss journey, that is so great.

I think Jo is leaving for her cruise or already did. Have a great vacation Jo. Hope Belle is well and having fun on hers.

Me, I stayed the same. Not sure I will lose anymore before I cruise in 2 weeks. Scary as we have a drink package this time. Eek. Also, I have family coming this weekend so dieting? Not so much.

My total loss the past couple of years is around 15 lbs., at one point it was 20 but we know how that goes right?

I try for lower but, as we get older, it seems to get more difficult. At this point in life I just try not to gain on vacation.

Side note: sad time for hubby and me. I'm sure everyone has read about the Sonoma County fires? We lived right there before we moved near Sacramento this past May.

We have several friends who lost their homes....everything. It is so sad. All the time we drove by the landmarks that burned: The Fountain Grove Inn, Willi's Wine Bar (when I left my job that is where my boss and co-worker took me for lunch). Etc. The whole thing is sickening.

Hope others did well.

Diana

Hi all!

Mike ~ great news, WTG!

I'm down a pound but who knows how much I'll be up next time I check in!

Diana ~ I'm packed & heading to the airport hotel after lunch. You have a great cruise too! OMG so sorry to hear of the devastation in your former location. I can't even imagine losing one's home & all their precious memories.

Take care & see you in November!

~ Jo ~ :)

Congrats on your weight loss Mike!

Diana, I hope your friends are somewhere safe. It’s so sad to see a beautiful area destroyed in a matter of hours. My thoughts are with them and the firefighters battling the fires.

Jo, have a great cruise!

I’m down 2lbs in 2 weeks. It’s definitely Friday the 13th today. I got up early to workout before work easily.

We have 3 weeks before our cruise so I’m really be strict with my eating and workouts. Hopefully I can drop a few more pounds so I can feel a little better in my clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about your friends Diana. I have been reading some about the fires. I’m sure that’s extra tough when you have personal ties to the area.

I hadn’t thought about the Friday the 13th connection. Hoping that doesn’t indicate a negative outcome to my big meeting today at work.

Have a good weekend everyone. Well, I know Jo will, but the rest of us should try to as well. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congratulations Mike! That had to be a heck of a feeling to see that number, very happy your hard work has paid off so well.

Those fires - at first I wasn't paying much attention - we have plenty here, but the devastation and death count - I mean this is absolutely horrible.

Friday the 13th is what we make of it, yeah? All good here - down 2lbs to 196, got a couple big orders just today and signed a long term contract on another, and heading out right now to go see my son at UofA for parents weekend. He want's BBQ - this could be bad...

Have a good weekend all!

Good old social media...a picture just popped up - 2 yrs ago today I was at "super goal" weight of 180lbs. Friday was 196...

So the good is: it's motivating to me - Sunday morning and ignoring food, drinking my coffee and water with fiber mixed in. Walked the dog, did some early grocery shopping (all good stuff), and feeling strong and focused.

Bad news is: WHY DID YOU SLIDE BACK YA' DUMMY?!? :o

Went to Tucson this weekend to see my son - freshman in the medical program - and he's doing spectacularly. Loves being on his own, is acing his classes, has all kinds of feelers out for various intern programs so he can be do something in the field when he's not studying. Took him and his roommate out to a BBQ pit for dinner - couple Guinness' probably wasn't smart but it was only 1 night of kind of being bad. During the day Friday and all day Saturday I did way better so I might peek at the scale Monday to see how things are going.

Tonight is a somber one - my wife's hospital participates in national Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day on Oct 15th, so we volunteer to help set up and take down for the event. She's an L&D nurse, and had her own loss way back when in her first marriage - so I think she still get's something out of it herself too. So thankful I've never had to deal with anything like that.

Hope all of you are doing well and having a good weekend with loved ones. See you Thursday.

Shootr, you are so good at getting back on track.

Had the family over on Saturday. Tried not to eat everything in sight. Afraid to get on the scale Thursday.........

Started today with fruit and cereal. Tonight dinner is salad. Hoping to offset the weekend eating.

Have a good Monday.

Diana

The bright side, I got a bunch of cardio in tonight turning the yard into a penitentiary

50b5ab21f6f806fb9a37d2f6b83496ac.jpg

We'll see how long it takes her to figure this out...

Put her on her leash, she's perfect - but her morning energy is off the charts...

[YOUTUBE]gzkocqU7KCo[/YOUTUBE]

Hahahahaha - humans 1, dog 0 (at least for today).

Still eating good and plenty of exercise thanks to the mutt. The missus is doing well to - very serious about things this time so neither enables the other to be bad. Back to those Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs - only 45 calories each so 3-4 is quite a meal, with a salad on the side.

• 2 weeks later...

Message for retiring soon

Could you please answer post on Marella Cruises (ex Thomson) board for a Canadian poster who is desperate for info/advice

Sorry to intrude on your forum but it was the only way I could contact you (I have posted on NCL too)

Thanks very much

Message for retiring soon

Could you please answer post on Marella Cruises (ex Thomson) board for a Canadian poster who is desperate for info/advice

Sorry to intrude on your forum but it was the only way I could contact you (I have posted on NCL too)

Thanks very much

Vitalsign- I did reply on Marella.

I sure won't be looking forward to checking in here Thursday!! Both cruises were great & I ate. :-(

Joi

Sent from my UMI TOUCH X using Forums mobile app