Sickness before embarking on cruise

twiglondon

Earlier this year we went on a cruise from Kobe. The day before we were due to start the cruise I felt ill for about an hour. Luckily it soon wore off and by the following morning I was fine. However if I had been sick, would I have been able to join the cruise, and if so how long would I have been in quarantine, and would my husband have also had to stay in our cabin?

Earlier this year we went on a cruise from Kobe. The day before we were due to start the cruise I felt ill for about an hour. Luckily it soon wore off and by the following morning I was fine. However if I had been sick, would I have been able to join the cruise, and if so how long would I have been in quarantine, and would my husband have also had to stay in our cabin?

Depends..If your illness is so physical that it's so noticeable (and don't forget with some cruise lines you have too sign a release) by the check in agent, they may refuse to board you. We, my wife and I, have been very lucky and never suffered from an illness either before or during a cruise. So, perhaps those who have either had or knew of someone was sick before a sailing what precautions a cruise line MIGHT or COULD take ? I have always worried about this situation:( I know most people this thought has crossed their mind.

Mac

If it is not obvious that you are sick to travel, you will be able to board. But if you think you may need to see the onboard physician later who will require you to be in quarantine, just make sure you have travel insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just printed out the medical questionnaire for our upcoming Carnival cruise and it says that if you answer yes to any of the questions you will be screened by ship's medical personnel and that you would only be denied boarding if you have/potentially have something of an international health concern. It didn't mention quarantine but from what I've read it's usually until your symptoms subside.

My husband scared me to death on a cruise that left from Rome. The morning we were supposed to head to the ship, he was so sick he could barely get out of bed. I could just see us being stranded in a foreign country. When it got to be time to get on the bus he managed to hide how sick he was but the long bus ride was terrible for him. We got to the ship, he made it through the registration process and except for the muster drill he slept for 24 hours.

Now the LOL part. We finally figured out he just had a really bad hangover. The night before we went to the dinner show and he drank way too much free wine.