2020 Schedule

ptrpanpens

New to Azamara, but have sailed on Celebrity(select) and finished my first Viking Ocean in April.

Found a 2020, 10 day Denmark Intensive Voyage that sounds great, 1 overnight and late departures in all port!

My question, are the prices for veranda cabin the best when first posted?

Or will Azamara do the" Celebrity "type marketing in the next year or so with various other marketing offers?

I usually use a online TA which will be having a big sale later this month.

First of many questions about Azamara...

As I abd others have favorite cabins we book early. But many wait as prices do drop. A good American TA can get you the better price. Somehow in the U.K. that is harder to do.

Prices for 2020 seem quite high. The “Israel Intensive” 10 day cruise works out to $1200 per day for 2 in a CC Suite. At that price point, there are many options that are more appealing.

I just priced a 9 day Southampton to Lisbon cruise. A route I'm currently planning a land trip to. I almost fell out of my chair that a bottom of the line 173 sq ft balcony comes in at $1,408 Cdn per day for two.

I was told I needed it for Africa in general. Do not live near a city that has the vaccine. I was in two places twice that it would if been easy to get. Would of been nice to know with invoice. I have a ships tour in Mozambique, looks interesting to me.

It depends on the ports of call in Africa, there’s no Yellow Fever risk in South Africa, Mozambique, Madagascar or Mauritius but they might ask for a certificate if you travel from a country with a risk of Yellow Fever.

The areas of risk are mainly Central Africa and and the countries on the West coast north of Namibia. This may be of help https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2018/infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/yellow-fever#5291 we originally got ours for a trip to The Gambia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was told I needed it for Africa in general. Do not live near a city that has the vaccine. I was in two places twice that it would if been easy to get. Would of been nice to know with invoice. I have a ships tour in Mozambique, looks interesting to me.

Robin,

I'm pretty sure the Buncombe County Health Department has Yellow Fever Shots. When we lived in Hendersonville, we needed to go there when the Henderson County Health Department was out of something we needed (but I don't think that was Yellow Fever). But we did get the YF shots at one or the other.

I just priced a 9 day Southampton to Lisbon cruise. A route I'm currently planning a land trip to. I almost fell out of my chair that a bottom of the line 173 sq ft balcony comes in at $1,408 Cdn per day for two.

Yikes, that's high! I'm guessing it's best to wait then?! By the way I'm seeing 2 great back to back itineraries....they are pricing out around $540-570 pp per day for a V2. I'm thinking I can get better if I wait....

Yikes, that's high! I'm guessing it's best to wait then?! By the way I'm seeing 2 great back to back itineraries....they are pricing out around $540-570 pp per day for a V2. I'm thinking I can get better if I wait....

The same cruise for 2019 is currently being offered with the $2,000 off but even then, it's crazy for that part of the world. It's so easy to do it yourself and such gorgeous towns in Brittany, Bordeaux, etc. I'll continue booking my land trip in amazing chateaus for a fraction of that cost :)

The same cruise for 2019 is currently being offered with the $2,000 off but even then, it's crazy for that part of the world. It's so easy to do it yourself and such gorgeous towns in Brittany, Bordeaux, etc. I'll continue booking my land trip in amazing chateaus for a fraction of that cost :)

The 2019 one is pricing out at $481 pp per day for a V2. Better but you're right, I do think this area would be better for a land trip....especially because the tender ports could get cancelled due to rough seas. I've been eyeing this itinerary for so long but never seem to book it. Crystal has a great 14 day itinerary next year as well....and it's pricing out roughly the same.

FYI the June 7 cruise this year Lisbon to Greenwich on the Journey is about 9,500 for a veranda for a 10 day cruise on a last minute special. But I realize it IS last minute so hard to drop everything and go if you aren’t retired.

Me too. We've done so many areas of France on land trips, but haven't done the Westcoast or Northern Spain. Time to start planning ;)

Will you be keeping your Oceania cruise in this area in April?

Will you be keeping your Oceania cruise in this area in April?

Nope, just cancelled it this week. Switched to Celebrity Reflection 8 day Lisbon to Barcelona in October and we'll add about 4 days in Seville. This land trip will take the place of the northern portion of that Oceania cruise.

FYI the June 7 cruise this year Lisbon to Greenwich on the Journey is about 9,500 for a veranda for a 10 day cruise on a last minute special. But I realize it IS last minute so hard to drop everything and go if you aren’t retired.

We intended booking this and the prior cruise, while on board last July. At the time, they had a "free nights" promotion. We didn't book because the price for 19 nights, after taking account of 5 free nights, was Aud1228 per couple,per night, for the lowest grade balcony. On your quoted price above, the AUD/USD conversion works out about the same as the price a year ago when they had their free nights "special"

Fortunately, when we got home we found a Seabourn 21n East Med cruise, in a balcony suite, for AUD1114. So, we're now looking forward to a wonderful cruise on a luxury ship this coming July. With any luck they won't have opera singers and short plays.:D

We're also looking forward to Japan in a Regent suite in 2019 - AUD1450 per night for 12n cruise and 3n add-on. Aza's 15n cruise was AUD1605 per night for balcony. Regent has luxury and excursions - Aza. veranda doesn't come close. Perhaps by 2020 enough people will have gone elsewhere that RCI may have no choice but let Az return to its correct price comparison point.