Restaurant reservation aboard Silver Whisper

SSCAF001

Hello,

I will be onboard Silver Whisper next December and it will be my first silversea cruise. Could you recommend what I should do in terms of restaurant reservations. Is it necessary to do it before the cruise or still possible while on board? We are 2 and we prefer deciding at the very last moment where we want to dine. Is it worthwhile doing restaurant reservation in advance? Thanks. Christophe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked a few nights in la Terrezza and a couple in the Grille using my.silversea when they became available. They can easily be cancelled on board if you like, and your butler can usually get you additional reservations once on board if you ask. Last minute choices on the Whisper are fairly easy, with the exception of le champagne, which wasn’t worth the surcharge in my opinion. No reservations in the Restaurant (MDR) but the only time I’ve seen it full is when everyone comes in at the same time after the Captain’s welcome or similar.

We have made it a tradition make a reservation to dine in La Terrezza on our first night on board, and then again a few days later as the menu changes. If you like the menu, book more reservations quickly!

Agree with Silver Spectre: if you have OBC, try Le Champagne at least once. If you have a special occasion, they will sometimes comp your reservation. At least they did for our 35th anniversary when we celebrated it on board. This I would recommend booking in advance.

We love the atmosphere on board. It’s not like the big ships, but has its own special vibe. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Thank you. Does it mean that for dining anywhere except le champagne you think it is not mandatory to book in advance? For example if we show up at la terrazza for dinner for a table for 2 we may have to wait for quite a long time or even be told that it is not possible at all? Thanks.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums