New and current weight watchers

It's awesome to have so many new posters. My back has finally healed and I am once again walking upright and increasing my steps. I was able to walk on the treadmill yesterday, 1st time in 3 weeks.

Up to 40.2 pounds lost since 1/12/18. Not the speediest, but not the slowest. Still loving the Freestyle. We love making pizzas from the 2 ingredient dough with turkey pepperoni and trader joes low fat mozzarella cheese. Tastes absolutely decadent for only 5-6 points (depending on cheese).

I also make a mini dessert we call Peanut Butter Clouds at 1-2 points which are heavenly.

Thanks for the muffin recipe. I would love to have more recipes that you have tried and enjoyed.

It's awesome to have so many new posters. My back has finally healed and I am once again walking upright and increasing my steps. I was able to walk on the treadmill yesterday, 1st time in 3 weeks.

Up to 40.2 pounds lost since 1/12/18. Not the speediest, but not the slowest. Still loving the Freestyle. We love making pizzas from the 2 ingredient dough with turkey pepperoni and trader joes low fat mozzarella cheese. Tastes absolutely decadent for only 5-6 points (depending on cheese).

I also make a mini dessert we call Peanut Butter Clouds at 1-2 points which are heavenly.

Thanks for the muffin recipe. I would love to have more recipes that you have tried and enjoyed.

Wow! That is awesome 40.2 lbs since January is amazing! Keep up the great work!

Hello, all. I rejoined WW on Tuesday. My umpteenth rejoin since becoming a Lifetime Member 30 years ago. Need to learn how to enjoy cruising while sticking to the program. Next cruise is 16 weeks from today.

Hello! So glad to see this thread. I joined WW on Jan 2 after trying various things on my own for many years with short term success and long term re-gains. So far, I am down about 30 lbs--not losing super fast and really not even super steady. I will lose for a few weeks and then stay the same or even go up a little before losing again. All in all, I like this program. I actually cruised and spent a long weekend in FL a few weeks after joining and lost over 2 lbs. (Lots of fish and veggies, no bread, walking 10-12,000 steps, etc). My current goal is to lose another 15 before our next cruise to Cuba/Cozumel in August. This seems doable. I have not tried the that pizza crust or any WW baked goods really, but the above ideas sound great! Good luck to all!

Nancy

Since 1/21/2018 (the day after I got off my last cruise), I've lost 30.6 pounds on WW. I love this program! Even though I'm gluten free because of auto-immune diseases, I don't deprive myself like I have done in the past. Instead if I have been craving something, I work it into my plan. I attend meetings, as I find it so helpful to my butt in those green chairs each week. Thanks to this weight loss, I am now able to wear my wedding ring again, even when my RA is flaring up!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I'm a Lifetime member but not at goal (30+ pounds above goal, actually...:o) All my cruising is definitely NOT helping the situation! I went back on WW last month after my last cruise. Dropped 14 pounds really fast, but since then I've either been plateaued or gaining. Even though I was eating exactly the same, just how I should be, No weight loss. Talk about frustrating!

This past week has been really hard--not nearly enough sleep, and too many "indiscretions" with food. Monday we had a graduation party for my nephew and I ate what I wanted to (which really wasn't bad), and then had TWO pieces of cake! I generally don't eat any sweets when I'm on WW, because it triggers me, but this was from a bakery that I know is fantastic, and I just decided to eat some. So I hop on the scale 2 days later and I'm up FOUR pounds?!? This makes No sense--just from 2 pieces of cake? So now I'm just floundering and eating everything I shouldn't. Heck, if I can't lose when I eat right, why bother? (I know, that's NOT helping...)

I leave for a 7 day cruise in 2 weeks. I decided to eat eggs, fruit and a little oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch most days, fruit for snacks, and try to go with fish for dinner as much as I can. I will have ONE drink during cocktail hour (Baileys with milk, thank you very much!), and try not to go too crazy with the goodies there. I am really hoping this will work, since I have 4 more cruises just this year. I would LOVE to be at goal by the end of the year, but at the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to get there by the end of the decade

Hi everyone.

I'm a Lifetime member but not at goal (30+ pounds above goal, actually...:o) All my cruising is definitely NOT helping the situation! I went back on WW last month after my last cruise. Dropped 14 pounds really fast, but since then I've either been plateaued or gaining. Even though I was eating exactly the same, just how I should be, No weight loss. Talk about frustrating!

This past week has been really hard--not nearly enough sleep, and too many "indiscretions" with food. Monday we had a graduation party for my nephew and I ate what I wanted to (which really wasn't bad), and then had TWO pieces of cake! I generally don't eat any sweets when I'm on WW, because it triggers me, but this was from a bakery that I know is fantastic, and I just decided to eat some. So I hop on the scale 2 days later and I'm up FOUR pounds?!? This makes No sense--just from 2 pieces of cake? So now I'm just floundering and eating everything I shouldn't. Heck, if I can't lose when I eat right, why bother? (I know, that's NOT helping...)

I leave for a 7 day cruise in 2 weeks. I decided to eat eggs, fruit and a little oatmeal for breakfast, salad for lunch most days, fruit for snacks, and try to go with fish for dinner as much as I can. I will have ONE drink during cocktail hour (Baileys with milk, thank you very much!), and try not to go too crazy with the goodies there. I am really hoping this will work, since I have 4 more cruises just this year. I would LOVE to be at goal by the end of the year, but at the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to get there by the end of the decade

I hear you! I just started in April and I was doing so well but then it was my birthday and my daughters birthday and I got burned out tracking points already etc. Was hoping for 10-15 lbs total by the cruise in late July.

I really need to stay away from sweets too but I just crave them. Also pasta is a downfall!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see this thread.

Got a new primary care doc and he said My BMI needs to come down. This was three weeks before I left on a two week Alaskan Cruise.

I joined three weeks before I left lost 7lbs. Really tried to be good. I have a bum knee so I could not take the stairs but did walk allot. I ended up gaining three pounds and have lost another 7 since I have been home.

Have another cruise planned for October to Hawaii.

The New Plan is great and so easy to follow.

I haven’t given up, I’ve just forgotten to come in here. Tomorrow is WI, but as of last Sunday I’m down 35.2 pounds so far. I hope everyone else is doing great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great job on your weight loss [emoji106] I started last week weighing myself which I haven’t been doing for over a year [emoji12] I’ve have a cruise in November so need to take off 11 pounds, but have been tracking to get my 10,000 steps in plus treadmill for activity..

Still chugging along. Both my daughters are doing this with me and we are up to 140 lbs lost.

My original goal was 40 lbs by our September cruise. Goal met and new goal was 50 and I am currently at 49lb. So I guess it's time for a new goal???? 60 ? but that would be a stretch goal. I will try for that but not beat myself up if I don't make it. I will need to shop for new cruise clothes, but I think I will wait for August to do so.

Good luck to everyone! You can do this!!

I know its weird but I usually lose weight while on a cruise

There are tons of vegtables cut up and ready to eat along with fresh fruit and salad bars

I have found most restaurants dont have salad bars like they used too

I am also very active and make it a point to work out every day

I am away from all the things that let me focus on me....I need to lose 10 pounds so Im starting back on WW

Glad I found fellow weight watcher members on this site. Im down 15 lbs. Going to Cuba on the Norwegian Sky plan to take advantage of veggies and fruit, have some mojitos instead of desert and exercise. Good luck to all and Happy Cruising

Hi all! Hope your WW journey is going well. I'm now down 43.4 pounds in just over 5 months. I'm really hoping I'm at goal by next cruise. I really love the FreeStyle program, as I'm having more success with it than other WW programs.

Eight weeks in to the new Freestyle WW program. Down 16 lbs. Hoping for 9 more before my August 30th Cruise. Then to enjoy while not gaining during the 12 day trip!

Those of you who have done well, will you share your secrets?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Agnes

Eight weeks in to the new Freestyle WW program. Down 16 lbs. Hoping for 9 more before my August 30th Cruise. Then to enjoy while not gaining during the 12 day trip!

Those of you who have done well, will you share your secrets?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

I would say you are doing fantastic! Your 16 pounds in 8 weeks equals 2 pounds a week. Whatever you are doing is working!

As to my secrets, I try to eat fruits and veggies with every meal. I also make sure I'm having some healthy fat every day and I use all or almost all of my weekly points every single week.

If you are using the WW app, I'm on Connect as deblemmon715.

Still working on Freestyle but got derailed a little over the recent holiday. Had a gain and took another week to break even. Currently at 51.4. Trying to "buckle down" and lose 10 more before our cruise in 8 weeks.

My daughters, who are cruising with me, are down 49.8 and 52 respectively.

Please post when you get back from your cruises and let us know how you did on the cruise.

eem: That's great for all of you! Hang in there. I was really scared before my last couple cruises that I would lose control on the cruise and come home with a huge gain. I had 2 cruises (a 10 day and a 8 day) inside of a month. I enjoyed myself but never lost control. It felt good to come home and feel successful. So, I wish you all good luck with your cruise! Don't lose sight of your REAL goal, which is to maintain your loss. You may find that leaving the "food fest" behind doesn't mean you won't have as much fun.

hello all, i didnt get too crazy bought the specialty restaurant package for about 94 dollars extra, dinner included appetizer, main course and desert. didnt track but wrote down everything that I ate. Right back to tracking and the gym today. Good luck to all!

For me personally, half my battle is getting right back on top of things when I get home. In previous years, I kind of "lost it" when I got home. This year I did not let that happen. I'm happy for you that you've found your mojo!