How are the Swans doing 2018?

The swans need to hang their head in shame, such a big whitewash......

Usually I say they only ever play 2 qtr games (i.e 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th) ... seems they only played the 1st and that was it........

Good work GWS and to the GF I will follow you :(

Deeply disappointing result for the Swans. I suppose after the Gold Coast and Essendon debacles we were written off by many, but then clawed back some wins to qualify for finals - in reality those wins were more via guts and determination than actual skill and system. That can only take you so far.

Giants simply fitter, more skilful and better coached on the night. A long off season and a bit of work to do before 2019.

The swans need to hang their head in shame, such a big whitewash......

Usually I say they only ever play 2 qtr games (i.e 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th) ... seems they only played the 1st and that was it........

Good work GWS and to the GF I will follow you :(

Very disappointing performance or perhaps I should say lack of performance by the Swans!

Eagles look to have Magpies well covered at the moment.

Oh and I forgot to say STORM!

Leigh

Just saw the score, :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:,

Swans managed to blow it. So disappointing.

Oh well, tomorrow starts our American football season and now I can concentrate on the NY Giants :D

Who is the favorite for the championship?

Bad Swans

ML

Good luck to the Giants for the coming season, they may need it. Here are the odds for the coming season.

New England Patriots +350

Green Bay Packers +800

Philadelphia Eagles +850

Pittsburgh Steelers +1000

Minnesota Vikings +1200

Los Angeles Rams +1750

San Francisco 49ers +1800

Houston Texans +1850

New Orleans Saints +1850

Jacksonville Jaguars +2000

Atlanta Falcons +2000

Dallas Cowboys +2000

Oakland Raiders +2100

Carolina Panthers +2500

Seattle Seahawks +2500

Kansas City Chiefs +3000

Los Angeles Chargers +3000

Denver Broncos +3500

Indianapolis Colts +4000

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +4000

Baltimore Ravens +5000

Arizona Cardinals +5000

Tennessee Titans +5000

Detroit Lions +5000

Miami Dolphins +7000

Washington Redskins +7000

New York Giants +5500

New York Jets +10000

Chicago Bears +10000

Cincinnati Bengals +10000

Buffalo Bills +10000

Cleveland Browns +10000

It's a very odd weekend without any AFL. Did any of the regulars on this thread get caught up with the final's ticket disaster? My husband is a Melbourne member but decided that he would like to sit with son and I in the MCC reserve. So I went online just after 11.45am (and as we were away I was sitting at a park bench and table using my iphone as a wifi hotspot) for a 12pm sale of MCC visitors' tickets and reserved seats. If course I was placed in the queue and evidently was caught up in the shemozzle with the competing club members' sale as I didn't even get to the sale page! I had sent a message to the MCC on Facebook to see what was happening and received a reply that all visitors' tickets and reserved seats were all sold. Fortunately I was able to buy two tickets the following day when the club members' sale was rescheduled as MFC members were able to buy 2 tickets per membership. I decided to sit with DH as I didn't want him to have to sit by himself. Son and son in law will line up to gain entry to the MCC reserve.

Hope it's all sorted for the next round of finals.I'm now on the Dees bandwagon. Go Dees!

Leigh

my friend got out tickets we were lucky and got then just before it crashed badly others had huge troubles one friend wanted 6 seats together and it would only allow her to buy 2 at a time [next day when they went on sale again] so they were all spread about the place, they had seats the day before at an agents and was about to pay when it crashed too

Thursday night literally has no winners. I don't like either team, but Hawthorn are far worse and more consistently obnoxious due to their success, so I'd hate it slightly less if Richmond won (which they did).

Friday night, my wife and in-laws (who are currently staying with us for about a week on their way home from a caravanning trip up on QLD) are all mad Geelong supporters, which means I want Melbourne to win. Also Melbourne haven't won anything of note for bloody ages, so I can't begrudge them a win. I think Melbourne will win.

Swans v GWS - obviously I want Swans to win as it's my team. As to who I think WILL win, that's trickier. Giants have some very very good players coming back in with Greene, Griffen, de Boer, Williams. The question is whether they've brought too many players back too quickly. It's a gamble which could pay off, or it might backfire if one or two of those players break down early in the game. We have a couple of ok players coming in too in Franklin and Parker.

West Coast v Collingwood, who cares.

correction tigers are the obnoxious ones if hawks are they are the bandwagoners that pee the longtime members off too don't worry , i had a tiger walk past me call me a loser i have never done that to a team supporter of a team hawks have beaten ever and will never do that when i cop that crap then yes i will go obnoxious and say 3 peat the gap between your gf wins was huge and whatever else i can think of that might rile the fools cats is easy 08 still hurts them i know it does met a guy was a lovely cat supporter and he was being nice unlike others that i have encountered in 08 before the game i met him again when we were about to take on freo he was going for freo as much as he didnt really want to but could not bring himself to support the hawks as he was still hurting from 08 , i felt for him i said you know they are going to lose and i was right he was a lovely guy too i will never be nasty to the nice ones , i am friends with catman too he is ok and i have lots of nice tiger friends too

Good luck for everyone's team still in the finals, I know there is conflict among some of you (Hawks vs Dees). In any case, I am off for my holiday to Europe, a tour and a couple of cruises. See you in about a month.

Enjoy mate! Look forward to hearing a little about your adventures. The rest of us, well we have footy - for me at least for this week (Panthers) - and work :)

Good luck for everyone's team still in the finals, I know there is conflict among some of you (Hawks vs Dees). In any case, I am off for my holiday to Europe, a tour and a couple of cruises. See you in about a month.

Bob Voyage Mic and Rosie. Safe travels.

Leigh

I missed out on obtaining reserved seats in the MCC reserve for the Dees v Hawks game. I was able to purchase DH a ticket (with his MFC membership) and son is happy to arrive early to join the line of MCC members a couple of hours before the gates open. Not for me though, getting too old to wait in a line for that much time, especially when it's not even my team playing. But anyway go Dees!

Leigh

Preliminary final outcomes

Collingwood d Richmond

West Coast d Melbourne

Grand Final next Saturday afternoon:

West Coast v Collingwood

I am sure everyone on here will be barracking/rooting for WC Eagles.

Now waiting to see if I get a ticket in the ballot.