Live from Meraviglia

Beamafar

We are also on board now, balcony cabin Fantastica class. Flexi dining is no longer available, we were informed today. While it didn't impact us as we eat early, it appears it was a disaster, ques for the restaurants at circa 8:00 / 8:30 were comical the first night.

Folks - I've looked back thru' the thread and taken note of outstanding questions. It'll be tomorrow evening before I'll get to post again (I think). We have an exciting evening ahead which I will explain about later in the thread. It's DH's birthday and we've received a special invite to A Cirque preview of Sonor show from the hotel director, (though not because of the occasion) so I'm off to get ready.

Alan ........... not surprised to hear about that!

Stay tuned......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Nikki - just seen this. We stayed in Europark Friday night. Beautiful hotel thought it was only newly refurbished. Was told it was done 5 years ago! We got a great price too on booking dot com

Ha brilliant!

Yes I also got a good deal for that hotel but through secret escapes or similar website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I have a few minutes while we wait for the show to start to share a couple more random observations.

We were able to walk into YC from elevator on deck 14 today. We were so surprised that we took the stairs up to deck 16 just to check if we had really accessed the enclave without clearance from our cards or wristbands. Sure enough, we arrived at the concierge desk 2 flights up.

3bfa6dd018b77479e6b28e583cb97300.jpg

There is still some misinformation floating around. e.g. On our first day the barman in Brass Anchor couldn't confirm if the food was included for YC guests unless we ordered so he could swipe our card and see if the system charged our account.

Next day we were in Jean Pierre cafe and saw the asst bar manager who we know well. We asked him about this. He went off with my card, came back and said Yes you have to pay We decided to have fish & chips there anyway when we were told No YC DO NOT PAY (Sorry for caps autocorrect )

Interruption as show is starting. Will continue later!

Enjoy the show Bea! Thanks so much for the info - I really hope the crew know a bit more in a few weeks time & as for getting into YC with no card - don't tempt me lol!

I am loving your review as well. No questions on my end, just a thank you. I don't think I am the only one that reads all the reviews and it's amazing how much information there is out there and how willing all of you are to share❤️.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the feedback guys - I really appreciate it.

I had trouble accessing the site this morning to post a report I've typed up on my iPad. I'm at breakfast now with just my phone so I'll take this is opportunity to post photos of the drinks menu from the Infinity bar.

151880cad4fa21c97b95cbee9eab0f84.jpg

eb9b2668bddea4b1f126a57f05c43d91.jpg

77ce9b87fa534dc267efd24963cf7e3f.jpg

b2aaf57a2414c2e9bad0e69f11729935.jpg

617a76be262823c03e5ebb34ddb989f4.jpg

f6a0b88ceb59921a98cfd8fdd99de59f.jpg

This post is for Kikki and others who are interested in the Aurea Spa which is forward on deck 7.

There is no private elevator from YC directly to the Spa area, though you can use your card/wristband in the lifts just outside for priority service.

The Spa itself comprises of changing rooms for men and women with lockers and showers - 22 massage rooms, 20 therapy rooms, 2 saunas - one hotter than the other, 2 sensory steam rooms - 1 dark, 1 bright, 2 Mediterranean baths (dry air with showers inside) again sensory 1 light 1 dark, a jacuzzi for legs and feet only and a jacuzzi comprising 6 'beds' - 3 either end, 3 heated loungers, 2 relaxation rooms and a Paradise shower. This is a rectangular glass cubicle with 4 shower heads in a row. There is an entrance at one end and you exit at the other. When you enter, the first shower emits cold water. You then advance to the next which is hot. The third is cold but not as cold as the first and the last is hot but not as hot as the second. I was told by someone who used it that by the time you reach the last shower you will want to experience a hotter shower than you get! I haven't used it so can't comment. What I can say is that the Spa area is amazing - to me anyway. As I'm not a Spa person I don't have a baseline to compare it with.

There are 4 types of approach used - 'Relax', 'Purify', 'Excite' and 'Tonic'. Each one has a colour code and you get a coloured stick for the experience you choose which has symbols on. These correspond with signs outside the various rooms and the time you should spend there as well as some other symbols with meanings which I didn't go into with the girl who gave me the tour. There was just too much to take in - I haven't used the Spa yet so haven't any new information apart from what I've posted here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bea - thank you so much for posting the bar menu! Now I can see what I can drink! [emoji483]🥂- curiously there are options in a sparkling wine & wine by the glass for the all inclusive option which is good news for us! How are you enjoying the ship? How was the show? Enjoying your live from immensely!