FLL - 2/25/18 - What's going on?

Janet524

I am looking at the prices for hotels for the night of 2/25/18 and they are crazy high. We're staying at the Hyatt Place at 17th Street next month and it's $80 less than the rate for 2/25/18. I've checked a whole list from LaQuinta to Marriotts and they're all crazy.

Is there some kind of event going on that's driving the rates so high? We've stayed in FLL about this same time in previous years and I don't remember the hotels being as expensive.

I am looking at the prices for hotels for the night of 2/25/18 and they are crazy high. We're staying at the Hyatt Place at 17th Street next month and it's $80 less than the rate for 2/25/18. I've checked a whole list from LaQuinta to Marriotts and they're all crazy.

Is there some kind of event going on that's driving the rates so high? We've stayed in FLL about this same time in previous years and I don't remember the hotels being as expensive.

Use valuetrips .Com and you can get the Hyatt Place for $219 in the peak months. A good deal.

Rates are always high Jan. - March. Nothing unusual happening.

Another reason why that weekend is so busy and expensive is the South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Although most of the events are in South Beach, there are some events in and around Fort Lauderdale, which attract a lot of visitors.

Good suggestion about Hotwire.