Float Plane in Ketchikan

timkatmom

I'm sure you can book once you arrive. We booked ours as a HAL excursion. I don't know for sure but I think if the weather is too bad to fly & they cancel the flight we can get a refund??

Allan

We booked our tour with Island Wings Air Service prior to going on the cruise. It has amazing reviews on TripAdvisor and Cruise Critic and we really enjoyed it. It's also cheaper than booking it on the ship and you don't feel like a sardine in a can! [emoji33]

Michelle is a fantastic pilot and their customer service is great! DH and I had a wonderful time! You can put down a deposit and if you can't fly when you arrive, they'll refund your money.

If a float plane excursion is booked thru the ship, how far in advance will you find out if flight is canceled due to bad weather? Before getting off the ship? And does this happen very often?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flights can be canceled at any time, including in flight. (I have experienced this) Yes it happens often enough, always have back up plans.

I will be there first week of August. Should I book a flight now, or can I do it when I get off the ship, in case of bad weather or low Visibility.

I am picky about my vendor, so I book in advance, but I also add trips occasionally - especially to take advantage of the day with walk up.

Ketchikan does have good availability for doing this. But, I'd suggest you get right on the phone even before the ship clears and find out where the availability and schedules are left. This would be for Misty flights. Although I have jumped on last minute bear tours,(single seat) those are far better booked in advance.

You also can not tell what Misty's weather is from the dock. A couple weeks ago, it was very overcast in Ketchikan, but the flight was clear out to Misty. IF I had relied on that thinking- I would have missed a great trip.

• 3 weeks later...
We just returned from our cruise and had pre booked Island Wings about 5 months earlier. It was wonderful. Highlight of our trip

My mother (79) loved it- it was the highlight of her trip!!