RCI- AUD 2 USD updated

For those of us whom are cruising with Royal Caribbean during their next season here, please note that they have updated their pricing to reflect the higher aud 2 usd.

This means that drink packages are now cheaper 😊

The question is do we buy now or hope that little Aussie dollar keeps arising against the all mighty usd?

At the moment some perceived weaknesses in the US economy is keeping the USD down and hence ours up.

The Reserve Bank would very much like to see the AUD go down against the US dollar. So far they haven't done much about it, but if the rates persist they probably will.

So in the long term I'd say that pressure will be on the AUD to fall. In the short term, who knows?

For those of us whom are cruising with Royal Caribbean during their next season here, please note that they have updated their pricing to reflect the higher aud 2 usd.

This means that drink packages are now cheaper 😊

The question is do we buy now or hope that little Aussie dollar keeps arising against the all mighty usd?

I would say buy now if you are planning on doing so. Not sure of your situation but they may re-introduce the 'everyone in the cabin needs to have one', so if you were the only drinker, might be a good option.

Its interesting that they have dropped the price of the items to reflect the dollar rise (AUS$) but have not changed the exchange rate for the onboard credit. (Currently $1.31) but has peviously been around the $1.34 mark.

bl262000

I would say buy now if you are planning on doing so. Not sure of your situation but they may re-introduce the 'everyone in the cabin needs to have one', so if you were the only drinker, might be a good option.

I didn't know they had dropped the 'everyone in the cabin has to have a drinks package rule' thanks for the info

I didn't know they had dropped the 'everyone in the cabin has to have a drinks package rule' thanks for the info

They changed that rule several years ago but are now conducting trials on Harmony with the rule back in place. Some think it's only a matter of time before it's being back to 'everyone in the cabin'. Annoying from my perspective as my husband drinks and I don't.

So what is a good price in AUD for the alcohol drink package , be my first time with RCI In March next year, I think it's $81 a day at the moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can buy now and secure the higher exchange rate (I did with my sons soda pack) and if they have a discounted sale rate then cancel and book at the cheaper rate.

Others on the Australian forum have advised that they have seen the packages discounted. The discount rate only seems to last a short time and is often not published. Best way to get this is to check you cruise planner daily and watch your role call for others posting. Not all sailings get the discounted rate it seems to depend on how sales of the packages are going.

Looks like with last nights "maintenance upgrade" the onboard credit rate changed, Now. $1US = $1.27AU. No longer the previous $1.31AU on offer.

So I think that means cheaper cruise planner purchases using OBC.

Edited by bl262000

Looks like with last nights "maintenance upgrade" the onboard credit rate changed, Now. $1US = $1.27AU. No longer the previous $1.31AU on offer.

Glad I got my sons soda package when I did.

Cheers, it isn't much but it helps.

Unfortunately for you Esilef, I think its the other way round, the AUD amount on CP means now it is cheaper to buy the packages.using less US OCB.

At least it's better than what it was.

Another thing paid for in advance as I'm not one of those people who likes to stand in a queue on the last night of the cruise and scream at guest services about a charge for a drink I might or might not have had on day 3 of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Esilef for pointing out this change. We've reported it after finally getting the official details from Royal Caribbean in Miami.

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=8021

I don't understand this, my cruise leaving from Sydney has the deluxe package at $81.77 au. ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk