Post your planned or completed Baltic cruise itinerary

I recently went on the Pride of America in Hawaii. On the Hawaii board there is a very long thread where people have shared their plans. I found that thread very helpful when planning, so I thought maybe we can get one started for the Baltics!!

The ports I will be doing next summer are:

Copenehagen

Warmemunde

Tallinn

St. Petersburg

Helsinki

Stockhom

Please post these and others for people who have a different itinerary!!

I'll update with review when we return in August, but here is our plan...using tours by locals and then Alla tours in SPB

Copenhagen - DIY, Nyhavn boat tour, undecided on plans for morning of embarkation

Oslo - boat tour through islands of oslofjord, Viking museum, fram museum, going to top of ski jump for incredible views of Oslo and pictures, sculpture park

Warnemunde/Berlin - going to Schwerin castle and walk around Rostock

Tallinn - Old Town and the sights around there; might go see some of the countryside and a waterfall just outside of town

St Petersburg - Grand tour with Alla tours; ballet in the evening through Alla tours

Helsinki - pretty much taking an entire tour of the city as well as Suomelinna fortress. I can post all the sights if someone wants to see.

Stockholm - taking the train from Nynashamn to Stockholm Central to meet our guide. Going to Vasamuseet, Gamla Stan, and other things downtown. Closing with a 2 hour boat tour through part of the archipelago before catching train back to port in Nynashamn.

We like using guides so we can receive a better understanding of the history/culture. Oslo, Helsinki, Tallinn you can easily DIY but we opted for locals and customized the itinerary. Recommend Rick Steves Baltic ports book. It's really good - full of detail.

Navigator of the Seas - June 15-27th, 2018 - our itinerary:

Oslo - did a bus tour of ski jump, Vigeland park and Fram museum

Copenhagen - Tivoli Gardens for the day

Tallinn - DIY walk around Old Town, loosely following Rick Steve's walking tour. Stopped at Kien in de Kok museum for an hour or so.

St. Petersburg (2 days) - Comfort 2 Day Tour with Alla

Helsinki - DIY, but most museums and stores were closed for Midsummer Day holiday. Shopped at the market near the port and checked out a church or two

Skagen - Bike ride up to Grenen and walked the rest of the island

NCL breakaway August , Copenhagen day before DIY, ,Berlin DIY rostock( did long weekend in Berlin last year was fab) Tallin, walking tour with guide, St Petes comfort tour with Alla and Stockholm, Helsinki easy walking/ bus tours with Alla. Looking to fill 5 hours between disembarkation and return flight and what to do with luggage!

Navigator of the Seas - June 15-27th, 2018 - our itinerary:

St. Petersburg (2 days) - Comfort 2 Day Tour with Alla

We booked Alla's Comfort 2 day tour for our upcoming cruise.

Have a few questions:

1. What were served for the 2 day lunches? Did you like it?

2. Did you like the guide?

3. Did you have enough time shopping at Nevsky Prospect?

4. Was the tour really rushed or very tiring?

Thank you.

Stockholm - Vasa Museum, Gamla Stan and City Hall where the Nobel Prize is awarded - stunning mosaics. Ate Cardamon Buns at a bakery and Swedish meatballs at Bla Doren

Helsinki - bus tour in morning to include Sebilius monument then walked to Chapel of Silence and Rock Church from the town square

St. Petersburg - private tour with White Night Travel - 2 days - fabulous

Tallinn - walking tour and then lunch at Pegasus, then shopping, chocolate tasting and the KGB Museum

Gdansk - walking tour with excellent guide through the ship

Copenhagen - Walking tour with Richard Karpen, gardens at Rosenborg Castle, Hot Dog at DOP, Ice Cream and Waffle, then boat tour with Hey Captain, Walk through Tivoli Gardens and drink at Bronnums - go to the garden in the back

Berlin - tour with Jeremy Minsberg - amazing

What an amazing itinerary and we also travelled up to Bergen Norway.

Plans: (will report back in a few weeks)

Copenehagen: 3 days total. On our own. Will get Copenhagen card, go to Tivoli, canal tour, and others TBD

Warmemunde: Friends of Dave tour

Tallinn: on our own

St. Petersburg: Private 2 day tour with TJ

Helsinki: on our own

Stockhom: ship docks in nynashamn, so we are doing a ship excursion with vasa and then free time.

I recently went on the Pride of America in Hawaii. On the Hawaii board there is a very long thread where people have shared their plans. I found that thread very helpful when planning, so I thought maybe we can get one started for the Baltics!!

The ports I will be doing next summer are:

Copenehagen DIY by foot with the canal boat tour

Warmemunde Berlin with SPB

Tallinn DIY by foot

St. Petersburg 2 day tour with SPB

Helsinki

Stockhom Gamla Stan walking tour and Vasa Museum

Please post these and others for people who have a different itinerary!!

See above

We booked Alla's Comfort 2 day tour for our upcoming cruise.

Have a few questions:

1. What were served for the 2 day lunches? Did you like it?

2. Did you like the guide?

3. Did you have enough time shopping at Nevsky Prospect?

4. Was the tour really rushed or very tiring?

Thank you.

First day lunch was chicken salad to start, followed by a soup of some sort (mostly broth, but pretty decent), breaded chicken and mashed potatoes for the entree and a tart (rubarb, we think) for dessert. Second day lunch was borscht (sp?) for appetizer, chicken Kiev for entree and cake for dessert. Both lunches were in private restaurants, almost like a wedding reception location, set up just for the Alla tour groups. All in all, they were pretty good - my wife and kids were a little pickier about it, but nobody went hungry.

Our guide was fine - she was not the friendliest woman, but did a pretty good job of explaining everything. Although when she was ready to move on, she was off - there were times when I think we were running to catch up to her.

We had two separate times for shopping during Day 2 (Day 1 started late because of everyone getting hung up in immigration getting off the ship) - a brief stop for about 20-30 minutes at a touristy gift shop and then at the end of the day, we were given 45 minutes to an hour to walk around Nevsky on our own. That last shopping stop will probably be different for you, as we were somewhat limited in where we could go as the World Cup Fan Fest was blocking off a number of streets near where we were (right by the Church of the Spilled Blood).

I never felt totally rushed, although as I said earlier, there were times when we would linger a little and our guide was ready to move on. It's a very full two days and we were certainly pretty tired by the end of Day 2. It's funny, because the headliner act that night on the ship struggled to get the crowd into it (theater was half full at best) and you could tell that everyone was exhausted. There are times when it seems a little overwhelming - meaning, the tour through the Hermitage (in our opinion) gets to a point when you wonder how many more ornate, golden rooms with priceless artwork you can see. And the funny thing is, the Hermitage tour really only scratches the surface of the museum - it's such a huge place.

Let me know if you have any other questions - St. Petersburg really is the highlight of the whole cruise.

Next May:Copenhagen - 2 days (we will get in 2 days early)

Ronne Denmark

Visby Sweden

Tallinn

St Petersburg - 3 days

Stockholm - 2 days and will extend at least 1 more day

Can't wait!