Anything Québec (Quebec) City....

Jolie_Cruiser

we will be in quebec october 24 leaving on the 26th. we overnight on the ship the 24th and we are staying at frontenac the 25th. I want to go to Ile D'Orleans. which day should I go and what time? I will get a tour of some kind.

• 3 weeks later...

Revamped area near Québec cruise port.

La Place des Canotiers was inaugurated this weekend. It replaces the open space parking lot which was beside the cruise terminal before. Parking is still available in an enclosed space but now the area has fountains, walking paths, trees etc. Pictures can be seen here:

• 3 weeks later...

Update for the following thread:

"Car? Train? Bus? Montreal to Quebec?":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2319827

A new airline has started doing the Montréal-Québec City route. For those who want to fly, hopefully this will keep the price of plane tickets down. More details with schedule here:

"WestJet Launches First Intra-Quebec Route":

https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/westjet-launches-first-intra-quebec-route/

• 3 weeks later...

We will be in Quebec City in Sept on the Summit. Since we overnight 2 nights there, we thought maybe we'd try the breakfast buffet at the Hotel Frontenac. My mom stayed there about 5 years ago and raved about the buffet, but I can't find many current reviews. Has anyone eaten the breakfast buffet there recently? How about the Sunday Brunch in their fancier restaurant? I'd love to hear your opinions or see pictures if you've eaten at either. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Plan to use the bus 21 for our day in QC. Have looked @ RTC site but unsure how to buy a day ticket or even a one trip ticket. Is there a kiosk near port? Pay on bus?

Website says for day ticket:

• Available on Occasional card only.

In case that information is still useful to you, please note that RTC bus 21 has been replaced by bus 11 (as of June 2017). Bus 21 no longer exists.

For trips a bit outside the city, I'm hoping that someone can tell me which is more scenic of these two touring options:

1. Lac Beaufort, Montmorency Falls, Isle of Orleans, Sainte-Patronille

or

2. Beaupre Coast, St Anne Canyon, winery (not sure which one)

Thanks for responses.

• 2 weeks later...
For trips a bit outside the city, I'm hoping that someone can tell me which is more scenic of these two touring options:

1. Lac Beaufort, Montmorency Falls, Isle of Orleans, Sainte-Patronille

or

2. Beaupre Coast, St Anne Canyon, winery (not sure which one)

Thanks for responses.

To me, the first option is the more scenic tour of the two, although I'm not sure why they would take you all the way to Lac Beauport (not Beaufort), which is about 20-25 minutes north of Quebec City, just for a 15-20 min photo stop. I live close to Chutes Montmorency and I often go there to walk and to enjoy the scenery. Ile d'Orléans is also nice and you have a good view of Quebec City from Sainte-Pétronille.

I've never been to the canyon, but it's not as famous as Montmorency Falls.

Of course there is no wrong choice, it depends on what you want to do and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure about HOHO bus, but you can look up where you'll be here: http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/vessel-schedules/cruise-ships-schedule

I would also look at tomsportguides.com - he shows where docks are, and perhaps where HoHo and other buses, taxis, etc. can be found.

Edited by roothy123

Not sure about HOHO bus, but you can look up where you'll be here: http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/vessel-schedules/cruise-ships-schedule

I would also look at tomsportguides.com - he shows where docks are, and perhaps where HoHo and other buses, taxis, etc. can be found.

Thank you...great info about Quebec City, but no info on HOHO bus. No info yet posted where we'll be docked.

We will be in Quebec City this October arriving on the Gem. I want to be sure if there is a stop by the cruise terminal for Hop-On-Hop-Off bus. Also ...are there more than one HOHO companies?

Marc

There is only one HOHO company and depending where your ship is docked, the bus may be picked up at stops 3,4, or 5. Here is the link:

https://toursvieuxquebec.com/en/forfait/Double-Decker

• 1 month later...

We're on the NCL Jade in Oct. Some of our port times were shortened including Quebec City. We were supposed to have 2 days there and now our arrival time is at 4p.m. and overnight then leaving at 5p.m. that day. Any suggestions to do that first night in port? Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions! This will be our first time there.

We're on the NCL Jade in Oct. Some of our port times were shortened including Quebec City. We were supposed to have 2 days there and now our arrival time is at 4p.m. and overnight then leaving at 5p.m. that day. Any suggestions to do that first night in port? Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions! This will be our first time there.

We are on the Jade in October also. Where does it say arrival time is 4 p.m.? Were you notified? Who notified you? Info please. Our vacation summary lists arrival at 8am and overnight with departure at 5 pm instead of the original 6pm. Please advise. We have made plans for the first day and need to know if we need to change them. Thanks

See post #31 (previous page) for suggestions of things to do at night.

We are on the Jade in October also. Where does it say arrival time is 4 p.m.? Were you notified? Who notified you? Info please. Our vacation summary lists arrival at 8am and overnight with departure at 5 pm instead of the original 6pm. Please advise. We have made plans for the first day and need to know if we need to change them. Thanks

We were not notified! We found out through the roll call here for the cruise. I contacted my travel agent and she said she talked to NCL and they told her the only change that was made was in Quebec and the ship was leaving at midnight instead of the morning. Not true, according to what I read on the roll call. There were a few ports that times were changed. In Halifax it has us leaving at 3pm. Quebec arriving on the 20th at 4 departing the 21st at 5pm. These changes are only for the Jade departing Oct 16th. I emailed my agent again a few days ago and haven't heard back. Many people have not been notified. If you're on any other sailing other then the 16th, your times might still be the same.

Also on this cruise. TA did not notify me, but heard from others. Check on My Vacation summary on NCL. It lists revised times.

• 2 months later...