My Magic review, March 10-March 17 Non-stop fun.

Mr. Blonde

Like I said, this won't be as thorough as most of the reviews on here, but I will try to hit on the things that I think are important.

This was a honeymoon cruise. We both had only been on Carnival one other time, and that was the Paradise in 2012.

Saturday, Embarkation day- What a hassle getting from Tampa to Port Canaveral. What should be a 2.5 hour drive ended up being over four hours due to some horrendous traffic in Plant City(Strawberry Festival) and the Disney area. We used Cruisetime parking in Merrit Island. It was $49 for the week, and the shuttle to the port was less than 10 minutes. I was stressing, because our arrival time was supposed to be 12:30-1:00, and we didn't arrive to the port until 1:45. But the embarkation process was super smooth and fast. Maybe ten minutes at the most?

Since the rooms were ready, we decided to check the room out. I booked this cruise rather late, so of the room in our price range, selection was limited. We were literally the lowest and first room at the front of the ship #1210 with a porthole. The hilarious thing about it being our honeymoon, is that it had two twin beds that couldn't be together. :') :')How romantic. Being that we are in our late 40s, sleeping apart was no big deal, so we were fine with it.

We headed up to Lido to get something to eat, she went for the marketplace to try a little of everything, I settled on fish tacos at the Blue Iguana Cantina. I'm a sucker for Hot Sauce bars. The infamous Zoe(who I read about recently in a hilarious review on here) must have noticed how thirsty I was, and she informed me her bar(tequila) had Dos Equis on tap. :hearteyes::hearteyes:We had a couple drinks and then, sadly, it was time for the Muster drill. Honestly, that used to be so much worse than it is now. Dr. E(cruise director) made it enjoyable, and we were comfortably located in the Showtime theatre. After Muster, we went back to the room to change to get ready for the deck party, which was a blast as always.

29386987_10155299672703639_8630541617998069760_n.jpg?oh=e424671e36c241652621340677d83ea4&oe=5B4E301E

As for dinner, we usually avoid the MDR, but on the first night, I always like eating there. We both got salads, Sweet and sour shrimp, and chocolate melting cake. It was good, no complaints. I love the my time dining, because I hate being on a schedule. It was only about a 15 minute wait when we got to the MDR.

After dinner, we did some pictures and headed to the Alchemy bar, my favorite spot on the ship. Really cool drink menu, and the band that played there most of the week is really good. I think their name is The Sea Six. They do a lot of 70's soul and funk tunes, and they have a horn section. Just a really good sound. We headed to the night club Vibe after that. We were a little old compared to most of the people there, but it was still a good time.

I'll continue later. I probably won't do a day by day type review, but I will talk about what we did at the ports, different restaurants and bars we experienced on the ship, etc

just a quick question for Anytime Dining - did you go right to dining room or somewhere to check in

To your assigned dining room. There will be a hostess at the front and you give her your info, and she'll give you a pager that will alert you when your table is ready.