Aussie Visitors wanting advice on good location to stay

jasper15

DH and I are cruising on Allure Of The Seas in June 2018. We have never been to Florida and plan on arriving there 2 or 3 days prior to cruise (we will be driving from Atlanta). Will return the car in Miami upon arrival.

Wondering what area we should stay? We are wanting somewhere with plenty of restaurants/bars in walking distance and preferably close to the beach. Would be looking at spending around $150-$200 per night for accommodation.

I have had a look at sunny.org website but not knowing the area at all, it's a little overwhelming.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you are going to be staying in Fort Lauderdale, and cruising from Port Everglades, why will you return the rental car in Miami? :confused:

You might need to bump up your budget a bit, but you could stay in Miami Beach - focus on South Beach with countless dining and shopping options plus a world famous beach. South Beach is the Miami you see in the movies and on TV. :cool:

Hollywood is a fun, beach area located north of Miami and south of FLL - nice boardwalk.

There are many beachfront or near the beach hotel options in the FLL area. With a rental car I would look at staying in the Fort Lauderdale by the sea area north of the port and airport -- lots of smaller beachfront hotels and good dining options. Drop the car off near PE or at FLL the morning of your cruise.

Not near the beach but a lot of people stay at Hyatt Place on 17th st area

close to shops & restaurants

The suntrolley could be an option for the beach trip

We are not beach people but I am sure others will have suggestions for places closer to the beach area

Not near the beach but a lot of people stay at Hyatt Place on 17th st area

close to shops & restaurants

The suntrolley could be an option for the beach trip

We are not beach people but I am sure others will have suggestions for places closer to the beach area

I agree with the recommendation of Hyatt Place...great breakfast, updated rooms, good location near to shopping, restaurants, market and overnight parking is only $7.00.

We just stayed here in March and got the best rate booking with:

http://www.valuetrips.com

Coming from Australia you should be looking to stay in Miami Beach. Ft. Lauderale is great, but if you're going to be in Miami coming from 24 flying hours away, you might as well stay in Miami and really get to experience it. Up your budget slightly though. But June should be fine. I recommend Miami Beach because its on the beach, extremely walkable, and its what most people imagine as the world famous "Miami."

You could also stay in the Downtown Miami or Brickell area. If you have a rental car, you could stay in Ft. Lauderdale and check out Miami by driving down.

As for the Space Center,that is about 3.5 hours or so away drive each-way.

DH and I are cruising on Allure Of The Seas in June 2018. We have never been to Florida and plan on arriving there 2 or 3 days prior to cruise (we will be driving from Atlanta). Will return the car in Miami upon arrival.

Wondering what area we should stay? We are wanting somewhere with plenty of restaurants/bars in walking distance and preferably close to the beach. Would be looking at spending around $150-$200 per night for accommodation.

I have had a look at sunny.org website but not knowing the area at all, it's a little overwhelming.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Miami Beach/South Beach is where you'd want to be based what you're looking for. If you look at rates and book something now, you should be able to get it around the $200 per night rate