Hotel pre cruise stay in sydney info.

Hi fellow cruisers.

If anyone is looking for a hotel pre cruise from Sydney this may suit.

Just booked the north Sydney harbour view hotel. All rooms have great views of Sydney harbour. They have a cruise package consisting of room with a view, full hot buffet breakfast with view and transport to the cruise terminal on the morning of your cruise. Check it out cruisers it may suit you.

Cheers Bob.:)

Edited by portcbob

Hi fellow cruisers.

If anyone is looking for a hotel pre cruise from Sydney this may suit.

Just booked the north Sydney harbour view hotel. All rooms have great views of Sydney harbour. They have a cruise package consisting of room with a view, full hot buffet breakfast with view and transport to the cruise terminal on the morning of your cruise. Check it out cruisers it may suit you.

Cheers Bob.:)

We stayed there years ago and found it way too noisy.

A mate stays there a lot and says he has had no noise issues, I’ll be interested in your take.

Hi .

What you have to do is book a room upwards of the 11th floor. No noise then.

Upper floors have good harbour views, thus more expensive. We sometimes stay at Rydges North Sydney. Ordinary Hotel, but reasonable prices for Sydney. We joined the Loyalty Club years ago, get some perks, couple of drinks, complimentary breakfast, 20% off other food. Irks me you have to pay for parking though. Like you would at the North Sydney Harbour View. Cash Cow.:evilsmile:

Upper floors have good harbour views, thus more expensive. We sometimes stay at Rydges North Sydney. Ordinary Hotel, but reasonable prices for Sydney. We joined the Loyalty Club years ago, get some perks, couple of drinks, complimentary breakfast, 20% off other food. Irks me you have to pay for parking though. Like you would at the North Sydney Harbour View. Cash Cow.:evilsmile:

Used to stay at Rydges a lot, back when I travelled more.

I always stay at Rydges.

Am also a member and get great perks, and this year am staying in a couple of rooms at Rydges World Square the night before my cruise at no cost.

and an easy train ride down to the ship with my luggage

I always stay at Rydges.

Am also a member and get great perks, and this year am staying in a couple of rooms at Rydges World Square the night before my cruise at no cost.

and an easy train ride down to the ship with my luggage

Good choice, good location and good hotel, stayed there. Enjoy.

Next overseas trip is on 21 May next year, Cathay Pacific Syd-LHR, land travel, wedding (not mine lol) and 3 cruises. Fllight is from Sydney @ 9.55pm, so don't need to stay O/N in Sydney, but if we had to it would be Rydges, Sydney Airport, fantastico, so handy, across the street from terminal, stayed there a couple of times.

Park Hyatt: combo of points and dollars makes it affordable

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Top hotel and as you say if you have the points, good, otherwise, it is for the rich and famous. Rooms are what ? $500 per night and up ? :eek:

Top hotel and as you say if you have the points, good, otherwise, it is for the rich and famous. Rooms are what ? $500 per night and up ? :eek:

Actually, if you hit it at the right time, and with Hyatt senior (or government employee) discount, the price before figuring any point deal can be under $400. Remember too that, if you're from the US, those prices are Australian dollars. Points combos can cut the cost down considerably more.

Extremely convenient location, quality accommodations, great bar and restaurant. If you're a Hyatt regular, this hotel is noteworthy.

Actually, if you hit it at the right time, and with Hyatt senior (or government employee) discount, the price before figuring any point deal can be under $400. Remember too that, if you're from the US, those prices are Australian dollars. Points combos can cut the cost down considerably more.

Extremely convenient location, quality accommodations, great bar and restaurant. If you're a Hyatt regular, this hotel is noteworthy.

Certainly not here in Australia, don’t think I’ve ever seen it under $1000

Certainly not here in Australia, don’t think I’ve ever seen it under $1000

I must have lucked out. Staying there next May -senior rate using combo of points/cash is 15k points +$308 USD/night. Without the points, I agree that it does get pricey (would've been almost $700 USD/night!).

Could've stayed at the other Hyatt (Darling Harbor) for almost half that. But, we've started narrowing down the hotel brands we use (to better manage/concentrate points accumulation) and it's now time for us to "use it or lose it" for what Hyatt points we have left so we can focus more on certain other chains that better meet our needs..

I must have lucked out. Staying there next May -senior rate using combo of points/cash is 15k points +$308 USD/night. Without the points, I agree that it does get pricey (would've been almost $700 USD/night!).

Could've stayed at the other Hyatt (Darling Harbor) for almost half that. But, we've started narrowing down the hotel brands we use (to better manage/concentrate points accumulation) and it's now time for us to "use it or lose it" for what Hyatt points we have left so we can focus more on certain other chains that better meet our needs..

Your US$700 is near enough AUS$1000

Ouch!

Yep 70 something cents to the dollar at the moment.

But that does make Aus a great visit for Americans

Plus Sydney, while a great city and even better Harbour, consistently rates as one of the most expensicpve cities in the world. But then we also have a great minimum wage (around $17 an hour) plus penalty rates for nights and weekends (though some changes are happening with those).

Yep 70 something cents to the dollar at the moment.

But that does make Aus a great visit for Americans

Plus Sydney, while a great city and even better Harbour, consistently rates as one of the most expensicpve cities in the world. But then we also have a great minimum wage (around $17 an hour) plus penalty rates for nights and weekends (though some changes are happening with those).

I must admit that I LOVE Sydney. One of my most vivid memories is entering Sydney Harbor at daybreak (not on a cruise ship) and seeing the morning sun glisten on the skyscraper glass. Clean, friendly, vibrant, just terrific.

For this trip, we'll stay 3 nights pre-cruise. Had wanted to have a special dinner at Quay. But, just found out that it'll be closed for several months due to a major renovation.

So, if you've got a favorite restaurant for special occasions in The Rocks area, please post it.

Thanks!

Looking for a post cruise stay in Sydney next Oct. in CBD. Any suggestions for a hotel in the $200 per night range?

Maybe the Ibis in Pitt Street. I don’t think you’d even get the one at Darling harbour for under $200 or one of the Travelodges.

We've booked Holiday Inn The Rocks - not flashest rooms but reasonably priced, literally walk across the road to the cruise terminal. We're going to be there on a Sunday before cruise and so we can hang out in the markets which are practically next door to the hotel:)

We've booked Holiday Inn The Rocks - not flashest rooms but reasonably priced, literally walk across the road to the cruise terminal. We're going to be there on a Sunday before cruise and so we can hang out in the markets which are practically next door to the hotel:)

We stay there a lot, but rarely get it under the $200 mark normally $300 ish

Hi Folks

To us from the deep south (Melbourne) Sydney seems to be somewhat pricey for pre-post cruise accommodation ..

We have an unexpected cruise on Carnival Spirit on the 29th September which means an overnight for us on Friday 28th

Always expect to be hard hit on a Friday night ;p so our party of three plumped for the Meriton Towers in Pitt Street a large 2 bedroom apartment not cheap at $545 but not as expensive as some others as it offers two bedrooms each with kingsize beds and a full apartment setup

Every time bar once that we have cruised out of Sydney it has rained and I dont mean a gentle sun shower ..ohh no :cool: so the extra facilities do come in useful if one is confined to barracks due to the rain

Just grab a taxi to the ship so no big deal

Regards

John

People might like to consider inexpensive hotels at Potts Point. Great local restaurants, supermarket (Woolworths), local bus to Circular Quay or walk through the Botanical Gardens past Harry De Wheels famous pie cart.

Also beautiful harbour front walks via Elizabeth Bay, Double Bay, Rose Bay, etc. - a lovely part of Sydney.

You can catch an inexpensive shuttle to and fro the Airport.

Edited by MMDown Under

Looking for a post cruise stay in Sydney next Oct. in CBD. Any suggestions for a hotel in the $200 per night range?

I stayed in Sydney recently and spent a lot of time researching hotel rooms (my 17 year old was paying for it). We finally managed to get the Travelodge for $100 per night and the Ibis for around the same.You just have to consistently check for the deals, book the refundable ones, and then cancel if you get a better deal. Bear in mind these were 3 start hotels, but were both clean.

Trish