Mr. Sancho's

sumrgirl

Hi,

This summer will be our first ever cruise. We are trying to work out the excursions to take. We are going to do one of the dolphin swims in Grand Cayman (per my kids request) but wanted a beach day in Cozumel. I had booked one via carnival but it's only a half day. I saw in another thread about Mr. Sancho's? It looks great online but I am nervous about the taxi part? Should I be? We are not super seasoned out of the country travelers. The logical part of me thinks people going from the cruise to those places is pretty popular and all will be fine. We are in port 10am-8pm so thought we would leave around 5pm from Mr. Sancho's? Are there other places that would be better? Thanks in advance!

Jill

Mr. Sancho's is an excellent choice. Don't stress over the taxi. The taxi stand is easy to find. The fares are readily posted. It will cost you $17 each way for up to 4 people. If you have 5 or 6 people it will cost you $22. There will be plenty of taxis at Mr. Sancho's when you are ready to head back. Hope this helps. :D

MR. Sanchos is sooo much fun! Pre book online for a slight discount and easy to access once you get there and hand them your reservations. Taxis will be waiting when you get off the ship and are easy and safe. You will not be disappointed. They close at 5 but we were able to continue shopping although food, drinks and pool were done by then. You will love it! We did it in August and I can't wait to go back. I'm on their Facebook page and just looked at today's page with wishing I was there in my eyes!

Can someone please tell me if either Mr Sanchos or Nachi Cocum are on a pay-for-what-you-want basis? I don't want an all-inclusive experience.

Several years ago, at Mr Sanchos, we took a taxi there. I assume we paid to get in, but not for food, drinks, etc. We walked to the beach and grabbed lounge chairs (no extra cost). If we wanted food or beer, we went and ordered. I had the most awesome nachos there.

Is this type of experience still available, or is it all part of the all-inclusive now? Pay once and get your chairs, food and drink?

Thanks!

We were at Mr. Sancho's in Feb 2017 and 2018. From the Carnival dock it's not much of a walk to get a taxi. (We were on Norwegian this past Feb -- it was a long walk to a taxi)

We have been to Nachi Cocum too. Both are good yet we decided to go back to Sancho's this year. We paid a deposit and then in full upon arrival. (not through the cruise line) . Mr. Sancho's was as good this time as it was last year. One thing we did notice this year was it was not as full (of people) and as a result the buffet was smaller. But that was ok. You can order from a menu and there is also a buffet.

------------

. :D

YO!!! Hope you're doing well!

Hi,

This summer will be our first ever cruise. We are trying to work out the excursions to take. We are going to do one of the dolphin swims in Grand Cayman (per my kids request) but wanted a beach day in Cozumel. I had booked one via carnival but it's only a half day. I saw in another thread about Mr. Sancho's? It looks great online but I am nervous about the taxi part? Should I be? We are not super seasoned out of the country travelers. The logical part of me thinks people going from the cruise to those places is pretty popular and all will be fine. We are in port 10am-8pm so thought we would leave around 5pm from Mr. Sancho's? Are there other places that would be better? Thanks in advance!

Jill

You'll be fine, taxi's are a set rate in Cozumel.

Mr Sancho's has a lot of things for kids to do, have a great time!:D

Can someone please tell me if either Mr Sanchos or Nachi Cocum are on a pay-for-what-you-want basis? I don't want an all-inclusive experience.

Nachi Cocum, when I went years ago, was all-inclusive. Not sure how much you would really save by pay-as-you-go, since the all-inclusive was really cheap, and if you are there all day you will be eating and drinking (it's hot!)

Several years ago, at Mr Sanchos, we took a taxi there. I assume we paid to get in, but not for food, drinks, etc. We walked to the beach and grabbed lounge chairs (no extra cost). If we wanted food or beer, we went and ordered. I had the most awesome nachos there.

Is this type of experience still available, or is it all part of the all-inclusive now? Pay once and get your chairs, food and drink?

Thanks!

I was there a few months ago and BOTH options are available.

When you walk thru the main entryway, veer to the right and it's the all inclusive area. Veer to the left and it's a la carte. We ordered a burger, some fish tacos and a couple of Dos Equis and enjoyed an afternoon under a palapa with some nice people we met on our ship.

Mr. Sancho's is fun and easy. Getting a taxi is easy. We have been several times and always have a blast. There is Wi-Fi for those that need to connect. Food is great and drinks are good. The water is awesome too! Wish I was going on my next cruise but we are hitting up the Southern Caribbean. Have a great time!!

We love Nachi. Been there maybe 4 times. We have been there with and without the kids. Food is great (Mexican food is my favorite). Swim up bar, food,drinks, great beach. This may be my favorite stop on any cruise.

Everyone is different. This is my happy place.

Thanks!

On very busy port days there have been reports that Sanchos turned away non-AI customers. :(

IMHO Paradise Beach offers a better pay as you go experience - better facilities, HUGE pool, plus good food/drinks/service. :D

Have a great cruise! :cool:

I wish every port had a Mr. Sanchos!! For $50/person you get everything!! The drinks are good and the food is incredible. Their ceviche, guacamole & coconut shrimp are among the best I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a lot!). I did not think it was a party atmosphere. If it is, then Nachi must be super boring!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

Nachi Cocum is AI. $55 per person the last time I was there. There are some extras (such as a massage) you can purchase if you want.

For people who went to Mr Sanchos by taxi, how long did you stay before u decided to take a taxi back to the pier before the ship leaves?

I want our group to maximize our time there but also not be late getting back to the ship of course. Would you leave an Hour before The ships depart time or is that cutting it close?

Taxi ride takes about 15 min, and if there are no cabs waiting it might take 5 or so minutes for one to be called. Add in the walk from the cab drop-off to ship's security and an hour or just under is about right. That long walk on the pier can feel even longer after 10-11 margaritas! ;)

Taxi ride takes about 15 min, and if there are no cabs waiting it might take 5 or so minutes for one to be called. Add in the walk from the cab drop-off to ship's security and an hour or just under is about right. That long walk on the pier can feel even longer after 10-11 margaritas! ;)

Thanks this is very helpful. To have this excursion as an option outside of going thru Carnival is amazing. It seems to be cheaper and allows you to maximize your time there and stay longer.

Did anyone try the ATVs, Jet Skiis, or Horseback Riding there?

And is the water very clear with minimal rocks and seaweed?

We left a little earlier because we wanted to do some shopping back at the pier. There was shopping available at Mr. Sanchos, but there is a lot more at the pier.

We did the massage on the beach (awesome!!). We also did the boat snorkeling (super awesome!!!).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island -- if currents are bringing cloudy water and seaweed to one, it will affect them all. The beach at Sanchos is sandy; a little farther down the coast a Nachi there have been reviews complaining that the sand was too soft? :confused: