AMAWaterways Cruise Documents

sarcar97

• 3 weeks later...

twincheryl or TravlGrl, since you are both sailing on AmaStella next month, could you do me a favor if you have time?

I have a question about what I call the two "sideways" cabins on AmaStella - 333 and 334 on Violin Deck. I have one of those booked next year, and I am curious how the room is oriented.

If you have time, would you be able to ask the CD or stateroom attendant how they differ from the other CB cabins next to them? For instance, do the beds face the french balcony door in cabins 333 and 334?

If you don't have time, or don't want to, thats OK ! Enjoy the Christmas markets, and enjoy your cruises!

twincheryl or TravlGrl, since you are both sailing on AmaStella next month, could you do me a favor if you have time?

I have a question about what I call the two "sideways" cabins on AmaStella - 333 and 334 on Violin Deck. I have one of those booked next year, and I am curious how the room is oriented.

If you have time, would you be able to ask the CD or stateroom attendant how they differ from the other CB cabins next to them? For instance, do the beds face the french balcony door in cabins 333 and 334?

If you don't have time, or don't want to, thats OK ! Enjoy the Christmas markets, and enjoy your cruises!

I would be happy to do that... will post when we are on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I'm copy/pasting this into my travel folder. Will follow up!

AMA Cruisers - please post as much DETAIL as you can about your cruises. I, and I'm sure many others, would be especially delighted if you could share menus, the daily programs, and the excursion details. There is a woeful lack of this kind of detail available and it sure would be appreciated. Thanks - an addicted planner!

I'll try and do this on our cruise. We're leaving in two weeks. We'll do a pre-cruise for five days in Prague before getting on our boat in Nuremberg. Then we'll do an additional day in Budapest and another four days in London.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok... I spoke to an officer about your cabin. Not very good news. He was quite up front about those and the two next to them being smaller cabins (same size as those on the lowest deck), over the engines with possible vibration issues... and suggested that you might want to change cabins to the same category on cello deck. We happen to have 226, 227, and 228 right now and they are great (but definitely small).

He did not provide information about the layout and I hesitated to ask because he was so adamant about those being undesirable. I am trying to do a day by day review of our cruise, so you might look for more cabin detail in that.

Hope this helps... and just remember that even on large cruise ships you get totally differing responses about cabins and people’s experiences. This was just this guy’s opinion and you may not feel the same way. I will continue to walk that way and maybe the door will be open and I can get a view inside.

Ok... I spoke to an officer about your cabin. Not very good news. He was quite up front about those and the two next to them being smaller cabins (same size as those on the lowest deck), over the engines with possible vibration issues... and suggested that you might want to change cabins to the same category on cello deck. We happen to have 226, 227, and 228 right now and they are great (but definitely small).

He did not provide information about the layout and I hesitated to ask because he was so adamant about those being undesirable. I am trying to do a day by day review of our cruise, so you might look for more cabin detail in that.

Hope this helps... and just remember that even on large cruise ships you get totally differing responses about cabins and people’s experiences. This was just this guy’s opinion and you may not feel the same way. I will continue to walk that way and maybe the door will be open and I can get a view inside.

Sorry, was unable to edit the earlier post.

Was just able to see in the cabin 333. I, personally, don’t see it as any smaller than the others in that category that we have. As you look in the door, the head of the bed is on the left wall parallel to the french balcony slider (just like my cabin). The bathroom is at the foot of the bed with a decent amount of space between the foot of the bed and the bathroom. I did notice a bit of vibration up there that we don’t feel in our cabin... but nothing horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was recently on the AMAStella, I was told those cabins were smaller than the ones on the bottom deck, which we had. I sure wouldn't want anything smaller than what we had!

Haha... we are in french balcony cabin on cello deck and these cabins give new meaning to small. I’m glad I am in the cabin by myself... can’t imagine where you would store things for two people!

Was just able to see in the cabin 333. I, personally, don’t see it as any smaller than the others in that category that we have. As you look in the door, the head of the bed is on the left wall parallel to the french balcony slider (just like my cabin). The bathroom is at the foot of the bed with a decent amount of space between the foot of the bed and the bathroom. I did notice a bit of vibration up there that we don’t feel in our cabin... but nothing horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twincheryl,

Thank you so much for the stateroom feedback while you are on your cruise! You are so kind to take the time. I was really curious about the layout. I'm following along on your review - good info already!

I can live with the smaller cabin, as I am traveling solo. The price was right, for a solo in a french balcony. I'm optimistic that the vibration may lull me to sleep at night. Our sailing is currently sold-out, but I will be happy in that room, or in any room!!

Thanks again, and have a wonderful cruise

Twincheryl,

Thank you so much for the stateroom feedback while you are on your cruise! You are so kind to take the time. I was really curious about the layout. I'm following along on your review - good info already!

I can live with the smaller cabin, as I am traveling solo. The price was right, for a solo in a french balcony. I'm optimistic that the vibration may lull me to sleep at night. Our sailing is currently sold-out, but I will be happy in that room, or in any room!!

Thanks again, and have a wonderful cruise

Peach section... I really have no idea what that guy was talking about. In fact, I think there is more usable space in that cabin than in mine.

We are absolutely loving our first river cruise even though we had some rain today. Fortunately we brought some of those disposable rain ponchos like they hand out at football games, etc... so that is one thing I might suggest. There are umbrellas in the closet in your cabin but then you have to carry it around and your lower half gets wet... lol

Peach section... I really have no idea what that guy was talking about. In fact, I think there is more usable space in that cabin than in mine.

We are absolutely loving our first river cruise even though we had some rain today. Fortunately we brought some of those disposable rain ponchos like they hand out at football games, etc... so that is one thing I might suggest. There are umbrellas in the closet in your cabin but then you have to carry it around and your lower half gets wet... lol

twincheryl,

So glad you are enjoying your first river cruise - and the fact that you are on a Christmas market cruise makes it all the more magical ! I'm so looking forward to my first river cruise on AMAStella next year.

Great idea on the ponchos! thanks for the suggestion, and have fun!

• 1 month later...

Peach Section - can you let me know how you made out in your category CB cabin on the AmaStella? We have a similar cabin booked on the AmaViola (cabin 334) and would love to hear what you thought of it. Thanks.

Peach Section - can you let me know how you made out in your category CB cabin on the AmaStella? We have a similar cabin booked on the AmaViola (cabin 334) and would love to hear what you thought of it. Thanks.

Hi, ev8876,

My cruise is not until late October. When is yours on AmaViola?