Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I am on Silver Wind 6 April 2018 transatlantic to Barcelona. I am a young 72 and am looking forward to this cruise.

I'll just miss you. I'll be disembarking from the previous voyage in Fort Lauderdale. Have a great time!

Will be sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas to New England and Canada on August 2. Should be a nice escape from the hot and sticky weather here in the DC area in the middle of summer. Looking forward to seeing the extreme tides at the Bay of Fundy!

Doing the solo thing for the first time on the Carnival Sensation October 18th, a 4 day to Key West and Cozumel. Every two years I do a 3 or 4 day with my sister and her husband and some friends, but if I’m flying to Florida I want a little more cruise than a 3 or 4 day, so I threw this 4 day on Carnival in front of the group’s four day on Celebrity. May swing a day at Disney in the middle just for kicks! Leaving the husband at home with the puppies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m on a 16 day Panama Canal solo right now. We left on the 4th. Having a great time and meeting lots of people. You will have a great time. Heading off ship now. Tata

Hello I have a spa balcony booked April 7th 2018 on the Escape through CAS. My wife and I have more recently decided to part ways and she is on the reservation and does not want to go. I am 49, I have been on ten cruises (the escape twice) all with her and am trying to talk myself into still going alone...I definitely have concerns as I won’t know anyone, I have drink package, dining package and just cannot wrap my mind around walking into Cagneys or le bistro, alone. We always got the vibe and I would want that for social I guess. I am just not sure at all...the singles have the lounge I think to meet people...any opinions out there on all of this?

Go!! I just got back on Friday from the Norwegian Sun. (which has no Vibe or solo studios) I was in the same situation with a boyfriend who bailed last minute. I had a blast! Everyone is super friendly, and the drink package makes everyone one on the boat friends.[emoji23] I never went to dinner, as I was mortified to eat alone. That was my only negative about being solo. I didn’t miss any meals though. It’s empowering to take the trip that you planned. [emoji1306]I got off at the ports as well. I hope that you have a blast!!

Hello I have a spa balcony booked April 7th 2018 on the Escape through CAS. My wife and I have more recently decided to part ways and she is on the reservation and does not want to go. I am 49, I have been on ten cruises (the escape twice) all with her and am trying to talk myself into still going alone...I definitely have concerns as I won’t know anyone, I have drink package, dining package and just cannot wrap my mind around walking into Cagneys or le bistro, alone. We always got the vibe and I would want that for social I guess. I am just not sure at all...the singles have the lounge I think to meet people...any opinions out there on all of this?

After my DH died 8 years ago I finally tried a solo cruise 4 years ago. I had the best time. I've been on 8 solo cruises since then . I'll be heading out in May for a 10 night solo. I invited a relative to go with me on one cruise last year and kinda felt weighed down. I discovered I really perfer going solo now. I guess I've become kind of selfish as I want to do what I want when I want and there's no one else to consider:D.

It's pretty easy to meet lots of people. Go and have a great time!

Hi I'm currently on my first ever cruise and going solo was the best decision ever! I'm on P & O Britannia doing Caribbean from Barbados. There are around 15 other solo travellers and solo meet ups were on the itinerary so I met everyone on the 2nd day [emoji3]. Also I chose docs dining on a table of 8 and they had put solo travellers together for this so I had dinner with the same crowd each night. I have found everyone is so friendly and I have met literally hundreds of people and loved every moment. Still 3 days to go! I chose Britannia as they have single balcony cabins and I have booked same again next year. If you are worried about solo cruising - please don't be! it's amazing!!!!

Hey Stockton111, I am in similar situation. Been on 20 cruises all with my husband (now soon to be officially ex). Been with him more than half my life, i am younger than you. I recently booked my upcoming first solo cruise on a whim and freaked out right after. But you know what? Look for your "roll call" and make friends on cruise critic so you have some people to meet up with when you get on the ship. I know you are probably broken hearted and dont want to feel lonely. Neither do I. But if you make friends on here, and you are an outgoing person, maybe you wont feel so lonely. I hear you on not wanting to sit in the dining room alone. Ive been eating in restaurants, etc. alone for a little bit now and to be honest, its not unheard of, its not so bad. Again, if you are an outgoing person, usually waiters or waitresses will talk to you for a bit. Hey, you dont even have to share your food LOL LOL kidding!! Im just saying that sometimes life throws curveballs at you that you would have never imagined but no matter what, you have to keep going, keep moving and most importantly....KEEP CRUISING!!! Good luck to you. :halo:

NCL Epic April 7th transatlantic. First solo cruise with NCL; 6th solo cruise out of 27 cruises. I am looking forward to the solo experience in the studio cabins. I have always tried to sell cruising to my friends who never have set sail but to no avail. That does not stop me! I will be retiring this year and I have 3 more solo cruises booked for 2018-2019. All aboard!

Jewel OTS March 29,2019 14 Night Transatlantic Miami to Rome in a studio

Will probably also book MSC Seaview 4/13/2019 Barcelona r/t in a few weeks.

Your 2019 cruise was the option RCCL gave me when they canceled and changed ports for the transatlantic cruise on the JOTS. I took them up on the OBC and booked the Jewel for 10 day Southern Caribbean in February. Disappointed that I will not see the Canary Island now.:(:(clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

After my DH died 8 years ago I finally tried a solo cruise 4 years ago. I had the best time. I've been on 8 solo cruises since then . I'll be heading out in May for a 10 night solo. I invited a relative to go with me on one cruise last year and kinda felt weighed down. I discovered I really perfer going solo now. I guess I've become kind of selfish as I want to do what I want when I want and there's no one else to consider:D.

It's pretty easy to meet lots of people. Go and have a great time!

I agree. I love cruising solo. I feel so free. Have a good time and be open to meeting people.

Hi. Even though you are going alone and not staying in a solo cabin, you should still participate in the solo activities. You’ll get a chance to meet other solo travelers and participate in solo activities organized by a special coordinator. You don’t have to participate every night but it at least gives you the opportunity to meet others so you’re not alone. Once you meet others you can plan to do things together when you want.

Originally posted by Lv-to-sail2 After my DH died 8 years ago I finally tried a solo cruise 4 years ago. I had the best time. I've been on 8 solo cruises since then . I'll be heading out in May for a 10 night solo. I invited a relative to go with me on one cruise last year and kinda felt weighed down. I discovered I really perfer going solo now. I guess I've become kind of selfish as I want to do what I want when I want and there's no one else to considerclear.png?emoji-grin-1677.

Lost my DH 9 yrs. ago; we'd cruise for years. Now, I've done 4 or 5 solo cruises and 2 w/friends. I really enjoy the freedom of soloing!

I just booked my first solo cruise for June 2019(RCI - Radience OTS)... am excited and terrified all at the same time. Have taken solo trips, and cruises with friends/family, but never a solo cruise.

Congrats on taking the first step. You will have a great time.

I just booked my first solo cruise for June 2019(RCI - Radience OTS)... am excited and terrified all at the same time. Have taken solo trips, and cruises with friends/family, but never a solo cruise.

If you have travelled or vacationed solo before, then a solo cruise is easy. Enjoy it to the fullest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk