Specialty Dining on the Divina

joeyjeremiah

I am looking to pre-purchase a meal at one maybe 2 of the specialty restaurants onboard the Divina for our January cruise. My husband has an allergy to fish and shellfish so was wondering which restaurant you would recommend. I've looked through the threads and haven't seen recent menus or the ones I did see were the a la carte menus which I believe may be different. Most of the restaurants like everything seem to have good and bad reviews so was looking for suggestions on which one would be the best option for non fish eaters.

Steakhouse was wonderful. But the steak on the everyday menu in the main dining room was very good too. Most of the food was good, and the pizza at the buffet is habit forming. We were on Divina, 7 days turned into 13 thanks to hurricane Irma, and I swear we became addicted to the pizza . Lol Beautiful ship

Safe sailing

We did not like the food or atmosphere at Eataly, but the steak at Galaxy was the best I have ever had, and the chocolate melting cake was wonderful too. Also, Galaxy is very elegant and romantic, highly recommend! We are not fish eaters either.

We did not like the food or atmosphere at Eataly, but the steak at Galaxy was the best I have ever had, and the chocolate melting cake was wonderful too. Also, Galaxy is very elegant and romantic, highly recommend! We are not fish eaters either.

a3651e5f93d90edf3eb885553b6e208e.jpg

I can almost still taste it [emoji3]

The lamb was amazing also

b86fa203943f05994dcc227fcadddd5f.jpg

I won’t mention the L word [emoji12]

To detail my Galaxy experience, which may not have been normal (or might be a new development)...

My wife and I ate at Galaxy in 2016 and the meal was excellent. It was a set menu of five or six small plates. With each plate accompanied by a complimentary wine, drink or cocktail. Not a huge drink, more of a sip or two. The server explained what each plate was, what the drink was, and why they were put together.

It was an excellent meal.

On this past cruise I made another reservation for Galaxy and was looking forward to it.

This time around we were given a pretty worn menu that while branded Galaxy, had choices that were identical to what was being served in the MDR. There was no steak on the menu, though the lamb was. The portions were small and generally bland in taste. Nothing really memorable or special about any of the three items. The wine pairing was gone and, in fact, they attempted to charge us for what we did have despite having pre-paid for the meal and having a drink package.

This could have just been an anomaly, but we walked away very disappointed compared to the previous experience there. Service was also... reluctant is the best word. They seemed bored and distracted, possibly due to the restaurant being mostly empty; there was one other table occupied when we were there.

I am looking to pre-purchase a meal at one maybe 2 of the specialty restaurants onboard the Divina for our January cruise. My husband has an allergy to fish and shellfish so was wondering which restaurant you would recommend. I've looked through the threads and haven't seen recent menus or the ones I did see were the a la carte menus which I believe may be different. Most of the restaurants like everything seem to have good and bad reviews so was looking for suggestions on which one would be the best option for non fish eaters.

Just back from the Divina. We had intentions to eat in the specialty restaurants twice during our cruise but after very good MDR experiences decided to forgo that . We did eat lunch in the Pizzeria on the last sea day to skip the lines in the Buffet, it was very good.

Just back from Divina also and had a comp choice to the specialty restaurants...

Chose Galaxy at the suggestion of someone I met on board. I thought it was great, especially the view from Deck 16.

I'm not really a foodie but the filet mignon was excellent as an entree and I had the pasta with lobster as a starter. The pasta was really enough for me. Since you had to choose dessert as part of the deal I ordered the pear cake. It was wonderful but one taste was enough since I'm not a dessert eater.

Service and view were great!

Just back from Divina also and had a comp choice to the specialty restaurants...

Chose Galaxy at the suggestion of someone I met on board. I thought it was great, especially the view from Deck 16.

I'm not really a foodie but the filet mignon was excellent as an entree and I had the pasta with lobster as a starter. The pasta was really enough for me. Since you had to choose dessert as part of the deal I ordered the pear cake. It was wonderful but one taste was enough since I'm not a dessert eater.

Service and view were great!

Totally agree with your opinion!! We enjoyed the same on Divina in Feb 2017. Going again in Nov 2017 and Feb 2018.