Live from Meraviglia

Beamafar

It has been brought to my attention that I didn't post some of the dinner menus. I've gone thru' the thread and I see that the ones I did are in posts #88, 99, 108, 130 and 155. They correspond to nights 3-7. So it's just the first 2 nights that I missed. This was due to problems with wifi and trying to familiarise myself with a new phone whilst trying to get around a new ship all in the first couple of days. Apologies ............ the following photos are per request from Gjoska.

You are the BEST! :hearteyes:

Hi Mark ............. it was even better! :D

The food we had onboard was better than on any other cruise we've done in Yacht Club. It was really hard to resist ordering seconds - though we succumbed on more occasions than we should have! I don't have the ability to eat a lot at one sitting, but, boy, did I do my best! ;p

Oh my!

I was doing a wonderful job focusing on our 'part working' Norwegian Jade cruise in 2 weeks and now every time I close my eyes I'm already on Divina, taking a quick photo of our 'square YC' room before getting at least one of those lamb dishes [emoji3]

I was just about to reply to you, Mark, when the sunset here distracted me

5927b5d4a09c8d0d8bcd7bb5315d611d.jpg

Anyway ....................... I hope they'll have them on Divina. She's stocked up in Miami; Meraviglia gets stocked up in Genoa so is probably Italian sourced lamb. I must say it's as good as Irish lamb .............. and that's saying something! ;p

Anyway ....................... I hope they'll have them on Divina. She's stocked up in Miami; Meraviglia gets stocked up in Genoa so is probably Italian sourced lamb. I must say it's as good as Irish lamb .............. and that's saying something! ;p

Spectacular rays. Looks so peaceful just what's needed to end the weekend [emoji3]

Wow Beamafar,

I have a very similiar aspect from my home and I watched that very same sunset. I wonder if we are neighbours😀

It was a lovely end to a pretty dull rainy day.

L

Wow Beamafar,

I have a very similiar aspect from my home and I watched that very same sunset. I wonder if we are neighbours😀

It was a lovely end to a pretty dull rainy day.

L

Mount Leinster is just to the left in that photo - blocked out by the cloud cover.

Great sunset pic Bea!

For us the hot tub on the balcony was very much a novelty & one we hadn't had previously on a cruise.

I think if I had known more about YC then I would have booked a YC room on Meraviglia.

The food on YC is just a different league to the MDR.

Just by looking at Bea's photos, it looked soooooo much better.

I would give MSC another go in YC for sure but would need a different itinerary than Meraviglia.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great sunset pic Bea!

For us the hot tub on the balcony was very much a novelty & one we hadn't had previously on a cruise.

I think if I had known more about YC then I would have booked a YC room on Meraviglia.

The food on YC is just a different league to the MDR.

Just by looking at Bea's photos, it looked soooooo much better.

I would give MSC another go in YC for sure but would need a different itinerary than Meraviglia.

Hi Kikki .................. Meraviglia's doing the Northern Europe route next year - Seaview is replacing her. Then she's heading out to Miami. So there's a couple of itineraries to consider into the future. You could also look at Splendida - she's spending the Winter season this year and next in the ME, homeporting in Dubai. There are usually some good offers for those sailings.

I'd love to give Seaview a try but I won't book it precisely because it's the same itinerary as Meraviglia. I've done that route so many times! And we're doing a similar one on our next 2 cruises - next month and then again in December.

Hi Bea,

Thanks again for the awesome review! Can I bother you with another question? :D

Do you remember which nights were elegance (formal) nights?

Don't want to miss my chance to have my first Cruise lobster!

Thanks again!

Priscila

Hi Priscilla .................. No bother! :)

On our cruise, Elegance nights were on Tuesday, visiting Messina and Thursday, at sea day. YMMV. The menus for the two nights are on posts #108 (page 6) and #155 (page 8), respectively.

Not too long to go for you, now! :cool:

Hi Priscilla .................. No bother! :)

On our cruise, Elegance nights were on Tuesday, visiting Messina and Thursday, at sea day. YMMV. The menus for the two nights are on posts #108 (page 6) and #155 (page 8), respectively.

Not too long to go for you, now! :cool:

Thanks Bea!

56 days to go [emoji7]

Hi Kikki .................. Meraviglia's doing the Northern Europe route next year - Seaview is replacing her. Then she's heading out to Miami. So there's a couple of itineraries to consider into the future. You could also look at Splendida - she's spending the Winter season this year and next in the ME, homeporting in Dubai. There are usually some good offers for those sailings.

I'd love to give Seaview a try but I won't book it precisely because it's the same itinerary as Meraviglia. I've done that route so many times! And we're doing a similar one on our next 2 cruises - next month and then again in December.

I hadn't got that far on the MSC website [emoji12] a Northern route could be attractive as not done that although I have been to the fjords & would do that route again.

A different western route would be good too.

Top of my list is an Adriatic cruise but struggling on MSC because they don't visit Dubrovnik & Kotor on the same itinerary. I might have to go to Dubrovnik on a city beach break instead!

I hadn't got that far on the MSC website [emoji12] a Northern route could be attractive as not done that although I have been to the fjords & would do that route again.

A different western route would be good too.

Top of my list is an Adriatic cruise but struggling on MSC because they don't visit Dubrovnik & Kotor on the same itinerary. I might have to go to Dubrovnik on a city beach break instead!

The Fantasia class ships (with Yacht Club) don't sail from Venice any more, either, Kikki, due to the ban on the bigger ships. Dubrovnik is certainly worth doing a city break to. We've often thought about doing one - we just have to get rid of the cruising bug, first! :eek:

lol great minds think alike got back of our hols yesterday and a brochure was in the post from MSC. We won't be looking to go until 2019 but a Northern route is top of our list or an Eastern med one. I will browse other lines but I think it'll be a no brainier that MSC will be the cheapest with Kids.

I quite liked the idea of Magnifica out of Southampton but dates are very limited for this year.

I absolutely understand your need for the space that the Royal suite affords you, C. I hope you didn't take offence at what I said. I don't think I was referencing you at the time or, if I was, that I wasn't aware of your circumstances. I can only imagine saying what I said in relation to someone raving about having a private hot-tub on the deck (which I don't get the attraction of!).

No worries in the least! As I said, it's not our thing either. It really is for space. My 12 yr old is 5'10 now and my 10 yr old is gaining on him fast. Who knows how tall he'll be in April! It would be like having 4 adults in a suite. The boys get up super early and like to be in bed by 8:30/9. (My 10yr old nearly fell asleep at dinner in the Haven twice). We need the space. Neither of my kids like the kids club so we end up back in the room at night. (Imagine a 12 year old that tall grouped with kids 8 yrs+ trying to play games.) Maybe I will get comfortable leaving them sleeping and going out, but I'm not there yet.

No worries in the least! As I said, it's not our thing either. It really is for space. My 12 yr old is 5'10 now and my 10 yr old is gaining on him fast. Who knows how tall he'll be in April! It would be like having 4 adults in a suite. The boys get up super early and like to be in bed by 8:30/9. (My 10yr old nearly fell asleep at dinner in the Haven twice). We need the space. Neither of my kids like the kids club so we end up back in the room at night. (Imagine a 12 year old that tall grouped with kids 8 yrs+ trying to play games.) Maybe I will get comfortable leaving them sleeping and going out, but I'm not there yet.

Well ............ best of luck with your decision and happy cruising to you and your (growing!) family. ;)

• 2 months later...
Hi Mark ............. it was even better! :D

The food we had onboard was better than on any other cruise we've done in Yacht Club. It was really hard to resist ordering seconds - though we succumbed on more occasions than we should have! I don't have the ability to eat a lot at one sitting, but, boy, did I do my best! ;p

Oh Bea I hope ‘Brian’ hasn’t made things worse for you?

We’ve lost a couple of fence panels but are close to the sea in Portsmouth but the new flood defences held firm.

Just re-read this as a guide for Bellissima teething problems.

No time for a review of Divina yet but hopefully this week. Just remembered this lamb! We used our black card speciality dining for Galaxy and both had this Lamb. Jane says thanks for the tip [emoji3]

Also had the best ever dish of our lives, the lobster pasta to start.

Hope they put a Galaxy on Bellissima!

Could only get a cabin in YC on deck 14 although Jane says the stairs will do us good [emoji33]my knees wish I’d preferred playing snooker instead of rugby a few decades ago.

Just looking up Roberto’a on google and the Taormina trip [emoji12]

Hi from a fellow Irish Lass.

Fantastic review. Thanks for posting.

One quick Q if I may. You posted a menu from one of the bars on board (outside the YC), which obviously had drinks, including champagne etc with one * next to them, which means they are included for YC guests. However I noticed some single * next to BOTTLES of wine etc. Does that mean you could get whole bottles of wine included with the YC, and outside the YC?

Thanks again

Oh Bea I hope ‘Brian’ hasn’t made things worse for you?

We’ve lost a couple of fence panels but are close to the sea in Portsmouth but the new flood defences held firm.

Just re-read this as a guide for Bellissima teething problems.

No time for a review of Divina yet but hopefully this week. Just remembered this lamb! We used our black card speciality dining for Galaxy and both had this Lamb. Jane says thanks for the tip [emoji3]

Also had the best ever dish of our lives, the lobster pasta to start.

Hope they put a Galaxy on Bellissima!

Could only get a cabin in YC on deck 14 although Jane says the stairs will do us good [emoji33]my knees wish I’d preferred playing snooker instead of rugby a few decades ago.

Just looking up Roberto’a on google and the Taormina trip [emoji12]

Hi Mark (& Jane!) All's well and Brian was much kinder to us than expected. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742 Glad to hear you weren't too badly impacted, either.

I wish I could give you directions to Roberto's but I can't as we had to ask along the way ourselves despite being given directions by our tour guide. However, the locals are very friendly and are sure to help you out should you indeed go looking.

I doubt there'll be a Galaxy on Bellissima but there will probably be a Butchers' Cut which is where I had the lamb on Meraviglia. Butchers' Cut is way better than Galaxy, too! We had both our Black Card evenings there. From other reviews of Meraviglia, it seems that it's the most popular Speciality Restaurant on Meraviglia. It felt much more like dining in a 'real' restaurant and the ambiance was wonderful. Hope it's as good for you on Bellissima should you decide to try it.

Hi from a fellow Irish Lass.

Fantastic review. Thanks for posting.

One quick Q if I may. You posted a menu from one of the bars on board (outside the YC), which obviously had drinks, including champagne etc with one * next to them, which means they are included for YC guests. However I noticed some single * next to BOTTLES of wine etc. Does that mean you could get whole bottles of wine included with the YC, and outside the YC?

Thanks again

Hi, HD .................. I've no idea why there's an asterisk against the bottles clear.png?emoji-confused-1977 You can't avail of bottles of wine on the drinks packages - only "by the glass" wines are included. I actually was going to query this on Magnifica a couple of weeks ago as to what the asterisk against the bottles denoted but never saw it on the menus.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

To Bea

I happened upon this thread, really by accident, because it was included as a link in another thread I was reading. Like a good book, I couldn't 'put it down' and read it all....as we are booked in Meraviglia YC next month.

Fabulous, and very informative, review....thank you!