FLL Hotels. anyone have update what is open and inn what condititon?

sail7seas

I heard my favorite FLL hotel may be closing. Hyattt Pier 66 may be shutting down. If I plan to sail out of Port Everglades I'll have to go elsewheer, if what I heard is true. . I don't care for Embassy Suites though I know many posters here use that hotel. I like the 17th strreet Causeway area. but not the marriott.

I heard my favorite FLL hotel may be closing. Hyattt Pier 66 may be shutting down. If I plan to sail out of Port Everglades I'll have to go elsewheer, if what I heard is true. . I don't care for Embassy Suites though I know many posters here use that hotel. I like the 17th strreet Causeway area. but not the marriott.

I heard it was no longer going to be part of the Hyatt Brand but did not hear it was closing? We usually stay at the Marriott Renaissance at the north entrance to the port, by Walgreens. Maybe call the hotel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother just received notice that his March reservation is being cancelled as Hyatt 66 is being sold (do not know the exact date yet). He lost his reservation since he was using Hyatt points and he has the option of paying cash/credit for it.

We usually stay at Hyatt Place 17th. Nice location, good facility and friendly staff.

My brother just received notice that his March reservation is being cancelled as Hyatt 66 is being sold (do not know the exact date yet). He lost his reservation since he was using Hyatt points and he has the option of paying cash/credit for it.

We usually stay at Hyatt Place 17th. Nice location, good facility and friendly staff.

Thanks for confirrming, I received corrrect info.. I was told they no longer have Hyattt frranchise. We lovv ed ghe grounds in that hotel, th e pool and especially the staff. So many were there for many years and I hope they will be taken care of. We went so often, we know lots of the m anD I WILL MI ss them and gthe hotel. Now, i need tto hink of where to go insead. Hard as we stayed in that Hyattt for more than 20 years, often, 4-8 strays a year or more..

My brother just received notice that his March reservation is being cancelled as Hyatt 66 is being sold (do not know the exact date yet). He lost his reservation since he was using Hyatt points and he has the option of paying cash/credit for it. We usually stay at Hyatt Place 17th. Nice location, good facility and friendly staff.
Thanks for confirrming, I received corrrect info.. I was told they no longer have Hyattt frranchise. We lovv ed the grounds in that hotel, th e pool and especially the staff. So many were there for many years and I hope they will be taken care of. We went so often, we know lots of the m anD I WILL MI ss them and the hotel. Now, i need tto hink of where to go insead. Hard as we stayed in that Hyattt for more than 20 years, often, 4-8 strays a year or more.. I havea bunch of points with them............ oh well.

I knew that an investment group bought the hotel, the marina and the Sails Marina nearby. Both Grille 66 and the Pelican Bar are open.

There's very little closed in Fort Lauderdale right now. I think that there were only about 50 customers total without power in Miami-Dade and Broward counties two nights ago.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place -

Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale 17th St Convention Center

1851 SE 10th Ave., Ft Lauderdale, FL

Tel: 1 954 763 7670

We had a suite that was very nice. Two resturants next door as well as a casual menu at the hotel. We took their shuttle to the port and a cab back afterwards. Cab was about $10 plus tip.

Sail-you were the one that convinced me to book the Hyatt Pier 66 the first time my husband and I went to Ft Lauderdale.

We also loved the grounds and pool there and enjoyed our stay.

Most recently our daughter and I stayed at the GalleryOne and really liked it. Not sure if that's too far away from where you'd want to stay but it's right at one of the water taxi stops and a block from the mall. I booked it again for my husband and I for our cruise in late November.

Hope you find something that you can be comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just received an email, today, from the Ritz-Carlton South Beach saying they were cancelling my reservations for October 18th due to hurricane damage. Said their earliest re-opening date would be November.

I'm just grateful they told me before I leave for my cruise.

I just received an email, today, from the Ritz-Carlton South Beach saying they were cancelling my reservations for October 18th due to hurricane damage. Said their earliest re-opening date would be November.

I'm just grateful they told me before I leave for my cruise.

Sorry your reservation was cancelled but,aqt least you have a little notice.

I suspect there will be more hotel c losings in So. Florida. Sad.

Isn't South Beach in Miami? I want FLL hotel. Didn't The Ritz buy the half constructed S.t Regi s Hotel in FLL and finish building the hotel? Hmm, if so, you gave me an idea. :)

Sorry your reservation was cancelled but,aqt least you have a little notice.

I suspect there will be more hotel c losings in So. Florida. Sad.

Isn't South Beach in Miami? I want FLL hotel. Didn't The Ritz buy the half constructed S.t Regi s Hotel in FLL and finish building the hotel? Hmm, if so, you gave me an idea. :)

There is a south beach in Fort Lauderdale, and a north beach. However, the one one with the damage that someone posted about is in Miami.

The St. Regis was fully completed but then reopened as a Ritz Carlton. There's a Conrad (one of Hilton's high end brands) that was a half finished hotel that was tied up for years. The Conrad isn't open yet.

The Ritz Carlton, the Atlantic Hotel and Lago Mar Resort are the highest rated hotels in the area. I'd double check by calling the Hyatt Pier 66 though. I know it sold to an investment group which also bought the Sails Marina. We haven't heard that the hotel is closing.

There wasn't a lot of damage to buildings in the area. A fair amount of downed trees though.

Any idea of who is buying it?

Have you checked tripadviser.com? Guest ratings have helped us in the past.

There is a south beach in Fort Lauderdale, and a north beach. However, the one one with the damage that someone posted about is in Miami.

The St. Regis was fully completed but then reopened as a Ritz Carlton. There's a Conrad (one of Hilton's high end brands) that was a half finished hotel that was tied up for years. The Conrad isn't open yet.

The Ritz Carlton, the Atlantic Hotel and Lago Mar Resort are the highest rated hotels in the area. I'd double check by calling the Hyatt Pier 66 though. I know it sold to an investment group which also bought the Sails Marina. We haven't heard that the hotel is closing.

There wasn't a lot of damage to buildings in the area. A fair amount of downed trees though.

I forgot about Lago Mar, thanks for mentioning it.

I heard ,t he Hyatt is not closing because of storm damage . I'll not only missthe hotel but Grill 66. I saddens me I'll likely not see any of our friends from the hotel again.. We have eknown some of hese wonderfull people for 20+ years. So many losses.

Edited by sail7seas

I have a reservation at Pier 66 for later this year. Here is the email they sent me stating they will no longer be a Hyatt but will operate as the Pier Sixty-Six Hotel going forward.

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six, thank you for your past and present business. We would like to inform you that the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six will no longer be a Hyatt-branded or affiliated property as of 11:59 PM on October 12, 2017. The hotel will be rebranded as an independent hotel called Pier Sixty-Six Hotel at 12:00 AM on October 13, 2017. Should you have any questions after October 13, 2017, please contact the hotel directly at 954-525-6666.

Existing hotel reservations, except for redemption stays, will not be affected due to this brand change, and we will work to ensure a smooth transition. World of Hyatt members with free night redemptions stays scheduled at this hotel after October 12, 2017 may contact Hyatt's Global Reservations Center at 1-800-344-9288 or hyatt.com for alternative redemption locations.

After October 12, 2017, World of Hyatt members will not be eligible to receive World of Hyatt program benefits when staying at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel, including earning World of Hyatt points and redeeming World of Hyatt free nights.

Hyatt appreciates your business, and we look forward to serving you again in the future at other Hyatt hotels in our system.

Very Truly Yours,

Amaury Piedra

General Manager

Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six