What's the strangest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

time4u2go

• 3 years later...

In February I went on the Pacific Jewel with my kids. There were at least 2 hens parties on board. While waiting to board I noticed one woman wearing a dress decorated with about 20 plastic penises around the hem.

Later while swimming my daughter asked what a man was doing, it turned out that he was removing a bride-to-be's socks with his teeth.

Also at the bar on the pool deck a bride-to-be was french kissing a man who I don't think was going to be her husband (they appeared to have just met).

One of the hens night groups all had Rod Stewart hair styles, I didn't get close enough to find out if it was wigs.

In February I went on the Pacific Jewel with my kids. There were at least 2 hens parties on board. While waiting to board I noticed one woman wearing a dress decorated with about 20 plastic penises around the hem.

Later while swimming my daughter asked what a man was doing, it turned out that he was removing a bride-to-be's socks with his teeth.

Also at the bar on the pool deck a bride-to-be was french kissing a man who I don't think was going to be her husband (they appeared to have just met).

One of the hens night groups all had Rod Stewart hair styles, I didn't get close enough to find out if it was wigs.

I'm sorry, but I'm actually laughing at this one but I'm sure you weren't too thrilled with this going on when your kids were on the cruise. I wonder if that "bride-to-be" is still married, or even if the wedding went on. Wow!

A dad dipping his diaper clad kiddo in and out of the hot tub like a tea bag.

People on a HAL cruise knocking some people down to the floor as they rushed into the mid-morning return cruisers party when the doors opened.

Not strange per se'......but we had a service dog on one our cruises. A blonde lab.

There is a blind guy who cruises a lot with a blonde lab. I asked him once on a transatlantic how the dog liked cruising. He said the dog liked it a lot. Carnival (and probably most lines) provide a patch of grass up top for them to use.

On our December Navigator, a grown woman passenger, who appeared sane otherwise, wore Pajamas and big animal slippers everywhere, all day (she did change out to different PJs - although they mostly looked flannel). She wore them to breakfast; she wore them to line dancing and trivia; she wore them drinking cocktails, and she wore them in the prominade (and thats just the places I saw her.) Now that was very strange. It didn't bother me either - its her vacation.

We had a lady like that on one of our cruises. Wore a dog or bunny suit the whole time and was mostly in the bar trying to pick up buys.

I'm sorry, but I'm actually laughing at this one but I'm sure you weren't too thrilled with this going on when your kids were on the cruise. I wonder if that "bride-to-be" is still married, or even if the wedding went on. Wow!

I'm not bothered about my kids seeing anything that's legal, Australian law about what is permitted in public is a good match for what I think kids should be exposed to. My son has drawn enough penises and made them out of play-dough that I don't think seeing a dress decorated with them is going to harm him. A lot of stuff that most parents think kids need to be protected from is just boring to young kids, sometimes it's best to not made an issue and let them ignore it. I had a short conversation with my daughter about how bad that woman's socks must have tasted and then she went back to swimming.

In terms of future cruise plans the amount of drunk people and loud music was more of a concern. Note I'm not dissing P&O, if you like loud parties then I'm sure you will enjoy it. But I think that Princess is a line that's more suited to my tastes. Maybe Princess ships have loud parties in bars and clubs, but I don't go to bars and clubs. I can't avoid what happens on the sun deck.

We had a lady like that on one of our cruises. Wore a dog or bunny suit the whole time and was mostly in the bar trying to pick up buys.

Did it work for her? Did she have it covering her head so you couldn't recognise her?

We were on the Celebrity Equinox and someone became ill and had to be evacuated by helicopter. Now, that in itself isn't strange. But what was unusual was that there had to be at least a thousand people out on deck to watch the evacuation. And when it was done safely, the applause and cheering would have led one to believe they just saw the end of the Super Bowl!

A man in a ladies housecoat. No not in the hall but at one of the shows. Found out later he had gotten sunburned in the nether regions and could not wear pants.

Got our laugh. Actually still laugh about it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son has drawn enough penises and made them out of play-dough that I don't think seeing a dress decorated with them is going to harm him.

I guess not.

I think U.S. preschools are different than yours.

Burt

But I guess it's because we left this for our cabin steward:

20150922_100305-01.jpg

Good thing our cabin steward, his assistant, and their manager had a great sense of humor. Best we've had. :D

That's awesome! :D

I'm soo gonna do that on our up comming cruise, might even do that in our hotel room on our honeymoon in Mauritsius later this month.

A man in a ladies housecoat. No not in the hall but at one of the shows. Found out later he had gotten sunburned in the nether regions and could not wear pants.

Got our laugh. Actually still laugh about it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I once went snorkeling at a site in Mexico. We spent most of the time on our stomachs looking down on the fish. We forgot to put sunburn lotions on our backs. Big mistake. Note to me - if you go snorkeling, remember to put sun tan lotion on your back.

DON

A pair of seriously overweight men on Norwegian Gem in February who showed up in the bar most evenings dressed like little girls in Little Bo Peep, little sailor girls, or little ballerina dresses.

I was just about to post this .You beat me to it . They also wore one piece bathing suits .

My wife overheard a conversation they were having one night in which they said they were a married couple .However ,somebody who I was talking to said he saw them on other cruises and they were dressed in other attire such as western .This person told me that they do this as a lark.

My wife and I were on a Celebrity cruise in 2012 .There were 6 couples at a dining room table adjacent to ours and each night they came dressed in unusual outfits.

I was just about to post this .You beat me to it . They also wore one piece bathing suits .

My wife overheard a conversation they were having one night in which they said they were a married couple .However ,somebody who I was talking to said he saw them on other cruises and they were dressed in other attire such as western .This person told me that they do this as a lark.

My wife and I were on a Celebrity cruise in 2012 .There were 6 couples at a dining room table adjacent to ours and each night they came dressed in unusual outfits.

Aside from wondering why they would want to do it, I couldn't help thinking about how much extra luggage they had to tote just to be able to sport so many costumes - an awful lot of work for a gag.

Aside from wondering why they would want to do it, I couldn't help thinking about how much extra luggage they had to tote just to be able to sport so many costumes - an awful lot of work for a gag.

Many people do strange things to try and get attention .

This guy around 80 I guess, who was always in the suana/steamroom/shower of the gym. I think he must have spent entire day/cruise in there.

One morning I was washing my hands and looked up to mirror to see him behind me in a shower stall, curtain wide open having a tug of war competition by himself.

This guy around 80 I guess, who was always in the suana/steamroom/shower of the gym. I think he must have spent entire day/cruise in there.

One morning I was washing my hands and looked up to mirror to see him behind me in a shower stall, curtain wide open having a tug of war competition by himself.

Very strange

(1) There was this one time when we shared tables w/others, and two chairs were always empty. Finally on the last night, a couple showed up. They were there long enough to tell us they were on their honeymoon and we took a table photo that we purchased, but the husband was really drunk, kind of falling over, loud, and finally they left. Felt bad for the wife because I'm thinking she probably had to put up with that the past 6 nights, and this was just the beginning.

(2) On another cruise, we noticed this man traveling w/two young women who were both hanging on to him. They stayed in a room together on our floor, and we were inventing stories about what was going on (not in the room, just the relationship).

(3) We were on a cruise where there were a bunch of folks w/guide dogs... might have been some type of convention.

(4) A couple of crossdressers, not necessarily strange, but not an everyday sight either