Deluxe Drink package Minibar/Room Serv Questions

Morgsmom

Thanks to everyone who helped answer the question about upgrading from the Drinks on Us package. Seems like it's a no-brainer for me to upgrade to at least the classic because if I have to pay the gratuity on the drinks/water/wine that I get even under that package I figure that will be $10/day.

So to go to the Deluxe package -- in the "comparison guide" as posted by MSC it shows that with Deluxe you can use the Minibar, Room Service Menu, and Drinks Ordered through room service.... So now I am confused. We are in a BELLA Balcony which does not have room service. If I upgrade to Deluxe drink does that I mean that I now can ordered R/S? Only for Drinks? What drinks?

And for the mini bar - is is restocked daily/as requested/never?

Sorry the questions. On our last MSC we had the meal time drink package and Fantastica Vouchers and Coffee Cuddle so this is all new to me.

You can use the mini bar on the deluxe and it will be refilled you can also get drinks to your cabin what ever experience you are on.

You will pay tax on the upgrade so beware and all bars do not have all drinks so it limits you.

we did it and was very disappointed with it. It added 836 euros to our bill for a 14 night cruise up grading from all inclusive to deluxe.

M.M ... Be sure to fill in the paperwork showing what you have used and sign it or the mini bar will not be re stocked, if you cannot find it be sure to ask the steward for it.

Haze ... Not sure why you would pay anything extra if you upgraded to the deluxe package unless you bought drinks not included in it.

OP thanks for posting we are trying to figure out if we should upgrade to Classic or Deluxe also since we booked the Divina in November with the Drinks on Us package. We are also in Bella Experience but can't figure out if we get Deluxe would we get room service or just the minibar. I have tried to call MSC as we booked direct but am always on hold so long I give up. DH hardly drinks Coke and a few frozen drinks and coffee. I like wine with dinner so may have to get the Deluxe anyway since I heard the Classic options are not great.

Hoping someone with a Bella Experience but Deluxe package will post about room service :D

OP thanks for posting we are trying to figure out if we should upgrade to Classic or Deluxe also since we booked the Divina in November with the Drinks on Us package. We are also in Bella Experience but can't figure out if we get Deluxe would we get room service or just the minibar. I have tried to call MSC as we booked direct but am always on hold so long I give up. DH hardly drinks Coke and a few frozen drinks and coffee. I like wine with dinner so may have to get the Deluxe anyway since I heard the Classic options are not great.

Hoping someone with a Bella Experience but Deluxe package will post about room service :D

Same boat here (and bumping the thread). Trying called MSC twice and was on hold so long I gave up. Hoping someone has an answer

we were bella and upgraded 1620 rocks it may be better for you if you don't upgrade but just purchase other wines as and when it will be cheaper. you will both have to do the upgrade.

I don't think it is worth it as the other wines are not that good we are red wine drinkers and the offerings all over were poor

we were bella and upgraded 1620 rocks it may be better for you if you don't upgrade but just purchase other wines as and when it will be cheaper. you will both have to do the upgrade.

I don't think it is worth it as the other wines are not that good we are red wine drinkers and the offerings all over were poor

Thanks for your reply. Yes looking at the wines by the glass the options don't look great. We will at least upgrade to Classic for the cocktails and frozen drinks and gelato of course for DH and his sweet tooth.

Did you order room service in Bella cabin with Deluxe drinks package? Were you charged the room service and only the drinks were included? We do like to have breakfast in the morning and would have booked Fantastica for that alone but when we booked during the upgrade to balcony prmomotion only Bella guaranty was available. We did get lucky and were assigned a Wellness cabin deck 12 mid-ship. Of course upgrade does not include the Wellness experience but would not want that anyway as walking the ship is enough wellness for us on a cruise. :D

I was Bella balcony and has the deluxe package. The mini bar was refilled twice a day.

Our Steward would refill the bar and even brought me buckets of mixed beers and set it on top of the fridge area knowing I had the deluxe package. It was spectacular. I never ever once filled out any paper on what I ate and drank out of the mini bar and was never asked to. It made the deluxe package so worth it! My kids ate all the chips, and snacks out of it .... refilled after evening turn down.

I was Bella balcony and has the deluxe package. The mini bar was refilled twice a day.

Our Steward would refill the bar and even brought me buckets of mixed beers and set it on top of the fridge area knowing I had the deluxe package. It was spectacular. I never ever once filled out any paper on what I ate and drank out of the mini bar and was never asked to. It made the deluxe package so worth it! My kids ate all the chips, and snacks out of it .... refilled after evening turn down.

Wow that type of minibar service sounds like it woud be worth the $8pp difference between the Classice and Deluxe just to have the minibar included. We are on the 10-day with many sea days so we might spend more time in the cabin. Did you order room service in your Bella balcony and was there any charge or was it included under the deluxe package?

Can you upgrade to the deluxe plan from the classic before the cruise or do you have to upgrade onboard?

You can upgrade before sailing which will save you paying an extra 15% service charge which is added when upgrading onboard.

I was Bella balcony and has the deluxe package. The mini bar was refilled twice a day...

I hope I get that cabin steward.... One of my concerns about upgrading to deluxe in a Fantastica cabin I have booked is not getting this type of service out of the minibar.

I hope I get that cabin steward.... One of my concerns about upgrading to deluxe in a Fantastica cabin I have booked is not getting this type of service out of the minibar.

We've had the deluxe package many times and have had varying experiences with getting the mini-bar stocked; mostly it only got stocked once a day - usually in the evening. So, you're right - it really does depend on how good a steward you get.