Vacuum System/Toilet Flushing System on QE and QV; Noise Issues

LewiLewi

Let me begin by saying we enjoyed our cruise on the QE immensely. We were on for the World Cruise this past Jan. and loved all aspects of the ship and cruise itinerary. The only problem we had was the noisy vacuum, toilet system. During the day, we were not concerned, but at night, it did interfere with our sleep. It wasn't just a usual flushing noise, but a loud bang in the walls following a flush. It was loud enough to wake us out ofasoud sleep.

We are now planning to take a World Cruise on the Queen Victoria next year. Is this a common problem on both ships, or were we just unlucky with our particular cabin?

Like Lanky Lad (Hi Lanky Lad :)) I've not noticed this on board any of the ships. Something I'll listen out for on QE next Feb/March.

I also think you may have been unlucky. If not,and it is very excessive, sort it out with your steward and maintenance within a day or two of boarding.

The toilet systems do sound different to land based plumbing but I don't remember being woken up by the flushing. Did your cabin toilet sound noisier than the public toilets ?

It was not the flushing sound that bothered us. It was the banging noise that we heard after the flushing was over. Somewhere else on CCwas the mention of an engineering problem with loose pipes and metal walls causing this problem on both QE and QV but not the QM2.