A pre pre-cruise

DachshundsRule

Vtcruising, this is slightly off topic, but I have a suggestion for you & LLP. It does require the hippy van;) I think you should be invited to host the first annual Edgestock;p I envision you in patched denim & tie-die, hanging out at the hippy van with some cool bands. I’m in! Where can I book it?? LLP, you’re welcome:D

Love it!! I am ordering my t-shirt now! :cool:

-------------------------------

I think most know my saga of trying to be on the very first Edge cruise because of my Edge obsession. I had booked preview cruises for Nov 21 and 24 that were canceled and I moved them to the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises. Then Dachshunds told us about the United Way cabins on the Nov 27 cruise and I booked that cruise and was very happy to be onboard even earlier.

Well, I'm very excited to say (though feel a little embarrassed to share this, but I have to tell people who will understand what a big deal this is), I got an invitation to the November 25th very first cruise (hopefully will remain first cruise) from LLP's office!! :cool:

I just can't believe it and am walking on air. I can bring a guest, so my DH is going too. I thought of telling him that only I could go and then invite one of you, who would explore the ship with me, taking pictures, measuring things, peeking in cabins, interviewing other guests about their cabins (and maybe bribing them with some VT Maple syrup to see their cabins) and badgering staff and crew with questions, but that might be a deal breaker for my DH if he found out. :D

----------------------------

v - Be not embarrassed at all, well deserved...

Now, if your DH decides not to go, can I be the first bidder for his place???? :')

I, for one, cannot wait to hear and see the experience!

I, too, Am walking on air for you.... I Am just as excited about my sailing as you are for yours.... especially sharing it with 22 others of which only four (4) of us have ever sailed X before...

Congrats again and thank you for all of your great input and work around this sub-forum.

bon voyage

p.s. - I wonder if Lloyd will be on the first sailing as well, he deserves to be there as well (besides myself of course LOL)??

I will put you down as back up. ;) I can't wait to hear about your cruise - I imagine there will be some chaos, but you are going to have some amazing adventures! :D

I too will vote for Lloyd to go - he is the glue on the Edge Forum! :D

VT, congrats. You deserve this honor, so happy for you. Hoping that Lloyd will also get a call from LLP. We are on the United Way 2 day cruise. Enjoy!!

Thanks! That's great that you are on the UW cruise. What type of cabin did you book? Hope to meet everyone onboard. We will have to have a little Meet and Greet for anyone who wants to meet up. I will be a veteran by then with 2 days of Edge under my belt. ;)

Thanks! That's great that you are on the UW cruise. What type of cabin did you book? Hope to meet everyone onboard. We will have to have a little Meet and Greet for anyone who wants to meet up. I will be a veteran by then with 2 days of Edge under my belt. ;)

I think a Meet and Greet would be great. We booked an inside cabin, figured that we will be spending very little time in our room. Planning on exploring the ship and seeing all the new cool areas and features. Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise.

Lourdes

I think a Meet and Greet would be great. We booked an inside cabin, figured that we will be spending very little time in our room. Planning on exploring the ship and seeing all the new cool areas and features. Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise.

Lourdes

Those inside cabins were a steal! Two days, two people, open bar, free gratuities, all meals, on a brand new ship for $500. Sounds pretty sweet! I agree that we won't be in our cabins much!

If anyone wants to have a quick cabin viewing, I'm willing to show mine. Since there are so few of us from CC going, it could be quick. No pressure... just an idea. :D

The Broward County United Way is auctioning off an Edge Celebrity Suite for the Nov 27-29, 2018 cruise. It's for a good cause! :D

They are auctioning off a Celebrity Suite for the pre-inaugural. Same deal, all inclusive, access to all amenities, 100% of the proceeds come back to United Way. Bidding will go until November 1. https://qtego.net/qlink/unitedwaybroward

enhance

Well, I'm very excited to say (though feel a little embarrassed to share this, but I have to tell people who will understand what a big deal this is), I got an invitation to the November 25th very first cruise (hopefully will remain first cruise) from LLP's office!! :D:cool:

Congratulations on the free cruise invite.

It would be SO NICE if LLP were to also invite the 13 double and triple Zeniths. Would take 7 cabins if everyone accepted. I think most of us are already booked on other ships.

They have done this in the past at least on the Reflection.

Have heard nothing. I guess 150+ past Celebrity cruises is not good enough !!!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Forums mobile app

Those inside cabins were a steal! Two days, two people, open bar, free gratuities, all meals, on a brand new ship for $500. Sounds pretty sweet! I agree that we won't be in our cabins much!

If anyone wants to have a quick cabin viewing, I'm willing to show mine. Since there are so few of us from CC going, it could be quick. No pressure... just an idea. :D

I am willing to show my inside cabin. Lets do it..

I checked the website and there are insides (or at least one) available again for $550. Nice opportunity to see the Edge for 2 nights for 2 people, including open bar, gratuities, entertainment and even free parking at the port. :D

There are also oceanviews available for $900 and infinite verandas for $2000. The sky suites are sold out.

Can't wait to get more details in a couple of weeks!

All:

I assume no one has heard from X relative to this cruise?

Mark

The info for my Nov 25th cruise says that I will receive my booking number the week of October 22 so I think it will be the same for this cruise. I received an info sheet from X about the cruise (since the invitation came from X). It has a few more details than we were given and it says at the top that the info is for the Nov 25, 27, 29 and Dec 4 Pre-Inaugural cruises. I will post it on our roll call.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi: I just talked to someone about my Nov 25 cruise today because I had a few questions. She said that they are working hard on assigning the cabins (I'm assuming for all of the pre-preview cruises) and we should get an email next week.

I had asked her about the luggage since we are going to be cruising 7 nights in all and away from home for 11 days and couldn't do carry ons, as mentioned in that info sheet. She checked and they will have porters there so we can bring our bigger luggage. It is probably the same for all of the 2 night cruises, I would think.

I am so excited and can't wait to hear about our cabin assignments and hopefully get more info about the activities onboard. 42 days until we sail!! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Hi: I just talked to someone about my Nov 25 cruise today because I had a few questions. She said that they are working hard on assigning the cabins (I'm assuming for all of the pre-preview cruises) and we should get an email next week.

I had asked her about the luggage since we are going to be cruising 7 nights in all and away from home for 11 days and couldn't do carry ons, as mentioned in that info sheet. She checked and they will have porters there so we can bring our bigger luggage. It is probably the same for all of the 2 night cruises, I would think.

I am so excited and can't wait to hear about our cabin assignments and hopefully get more info about the activities onboard. 42 days until we sail!! :classic_laugh:

Th

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thank you for the update!

1 minute ago, Oville said:

Has anyone heard from Celebrity or UW about cabin and registering for this cruise?

Thanks,  Katie

Someone from the roll call called Trish last week and she said it would be the end of Oct/ beginning of Nov. 😟  Hopefully they will have it done sooner!!