Oosterdam Spa

ldlewis45

Is there a spa access pass available on the Oosterdam? I've bought spa passes on ships from other lines (NCL Breakaway and Epic, Carnival Dream) that include access to their thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool, and I'm hoping that something similar is available on the Oosterdam.

On HAL you have to pay for the thermo pool no matter what cabin category you are in.

Nothing is free on HAL in that area.

I understand that, as nothing is free on any ship that I know of, when it comes to spa access, lol. I just wasn't sure whether there is an actual spa pass available for purchase, or what amenities would be included, if there is one available. The HAL cruise planner site (we've already purchased the cruise) doesn't mention a pass, so I was wondering if there's one available for purchase once onboard.

Yes there is and it is quite wonderful. I would recommend going to the Greenhouse spa after you board the ship (and get settled) for options and specials. It allows you access to the heated loungers, hydro pool, and saunas. All spa services such as facials and massages are extra. It is pricey (around $150 pp for the week) but I used the spa daily so it was worth the splurge for me. Hope you enjoy the spa and the Oosterdam as much as I did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
Are there saunas (steam room)free of charge in the spa on this ship? Separate from the pay areas

There are separate men's and ladies' saunas just outside the main spa area. They are located just as you leave the Lido Pool area to enter the Greenhouse Spa area. They are free and, if the door is locked, you can get the key from the Spa attendants.

There are separate men's and ladies' saunas just outside the main spa area. They are located just as you leave the Lido Pool area to enter the Greenhouse Spa area. They are free and, if the door is locked, you can get the key from the Spa attendants.

The free saunas appear to be 2 maybe 3 person saunas- very small

What about showers? Any showers in the spa area free of charge? I'm sharing a cabin with three others, I was hoping to be able to possibly use the spa showers so that we aren't all fighting for cabin bathroom time.

The change rooms next to the Gym are not locked, are open free to everyone and have showers.

No, the locker rooms on "O" do not have a connected sauna or steam room. The free men's or women's only saunas are across the way as others have said. Too bad they didn't design the wonderful dressing area in the locker room as a sauna. It has great floor to ceiling windows looking out to the ocean!

Is there a spa access pass available on the Oosterdam? I've bought spa passes on ships from other lines (NCL Breakaway and Epic, Carnival Dream) that include access to their thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool, and I'm hoping that something similar is available on the Oosterdam.
When in doubt about any onboard service availability and pricing, call HAL Ship Services. Go to the HAL site and click "Help" at top of the home page, then "Customer Service" and you'll get the phone number.

• 7 months later...
Thank you guys for your responses, the information was very helpful. I hope they will let me purchase a one day greenhouse spa pass, they normally push to sell the week pass. Which is why it's good to know there's a free steam and sauna room ,even if it's small:(

Just to clarify, the sauna is free. Steam room can only be accessed with a paid spa pass

• 5 years later...