Meet and Greet on MSC?

ddjwms

Does anyone know the procedure or who to contact to set up a Meet and Greet on an MSC ship (Divina) ? There are several of us interested in setting one up for our cruise, but we are not sure how...Thanks.

I contacted MSC and they told me that they set one up on The Divina for each cruise and it is published in the Daily Program. No advance notification. Kind of unusual and there is another thread that says that MSC doesn't much pay attention to much to CC. THAT is disappointing!

Edited by cruiseguys2009

I contacted MSC and they told me that they set one up on The Divina for each cruise and it is published in the Daily Program. No advance notification. Kind of unusual and there is another thread that says that MSC doesn't much pay attention to much to CC. THAT is disappointing!

MsccruiseUSA is on here every now and then and is quite helpful when they can be. Don't know if they'll set up a meet and greet though?

The Cruise Critic Meet & Greet is planned for every sailing on MSC Divina and will be printed in your daily program on board. The ship selects the time/space depending on the availability of the lounges during each sailing; however, it is usually hosted during the first day at sea. At this time, there are no snacks or drinks provided during the meet & greet, but they are hosted near bars in the case that someone wants to purchase something.

Hope this helps!

I understand you want to get a loyal following in the North American market, and you want to offer a new experience to this market, but come on, you can't offer up some cheese and crackers, etc., it doesn't have to be fancy, but it should show you care, cause offering nothing shows you 'don't' care!

I understand you want to get a loyal following in the North American market, and you want to offer a new experience to this market, but come on, you can't offer up some cheese and crackers, etc., it doesn't have to be fancy, but it should show you care, cause offering nothing shows you 'don't' care!

Hi Russian Bear,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will take this into consideration.

Regards,

The Cruise Critic Meet & Greet is planned for every sailing on MSC Divina and will be printed in your daily program on board. The ship selects the time/space depending on the availability of the lounges during each sailing; however, it is usually hosted during the first day at sea. At this time, there are no snacks or drinks provided during the meet & greet, but they are hosted near bars in the case that someone wants to purchase something.

Hope this helps!

Is the Meet and Greet unique to the Divina or is it across the board? I am sailing from Santos to Venezia on the Preziosa next month and would like the opportunity to attend a Meet and Greet but. as yet, the roll call for the sailing isn't very busy.

Thanks

How do you identify yourself when you attend a meet and greet (on MSC or other line). Do you just tell your user name or are you wearing a shirt or a pin??:confused:

On other lines. usually someone from the roll call is in charge of keeping track of all those interesting in attending.

Many post pictures on their profile and plan an informal meet at sail away and as a way of identifying each other will wear leis or Mardi gras beads and meet at a designated location.

At the actual meet n greet if there is a large group the organizer might make name tags with both the screen name and actual name.

Sent from my Nexus 7

• 2 weeks later...
It was at 3:30 in the Silver Lounge. We had a roll call, but very few participated.

Thanks

It seems from other reports that Silver lounge @ 3-3:30 is the time set aside for cruise critic.

Since people aren't showing up,its doubtful MSC will send staff to the event.

Thanks

It seems from other reports that Silver lounge @ 3-3:30 is the time set aside for cruise critic.

Since people aren't showing up,its doubtful MSC will send staff to the event.

Perhaps if MSC would send staff, people would show up. Which comes first?

I think MSC is still learning how important the CC roll call groups are and will make changes as they go along. If someone from the roll call speaks with the CD before hand it might help. On Divina it is Andre. On other lines, the staff would share what was new with the company, tell about their department, etc. as well as have a Q&A session. It really turns them off to have it turn into a "gripe" session.

Personally I think they should have a way to verify a minimum number of people will be attending. If less than 20 are interested then just scrap it.

While the current system is easy for them, adding a way to contact someone with a list would much better.

It just seems problematic, effectively communicating with MSC.

With that big sale the Mac roll calls are much more active, so hopefully MSC will tweak the system.

Dear MSC,

So glad you monitor the CC Boards - many loyal cruisers here. I have to agree with Russian Bear....doing a little something extra for a meet & Greet for CC members will go a long way in positive feelings....just something to acknowledge loyal cruisers who are also into social media.....I've been to many on many lines - it just leaves a positive impression that you care enough to acknowledge the group - a few beverages and apps as well as a visit from one or more staff would really cost little - yet go a long way :D

Hi Everyone,

There will be 16 of us on the October 4th cruise doing a B2B on the Divina. Most of us are seasoned cruiser trying out a new cruise line. I am hoping to set up a roll call for the October 4th and Oct. 11th cruise.

Anyone interested??? We are leaving on a cruise for Spring Break on the Allure of the Seas for 2 weeks so will try and set something up after we get back.

Hi Everyone,

There will be 16 of us on the October 4th cruise doing a B2B on the Divina. Most of us are seasoned cruiser trying out a new cruise line. I am hoping to set up a roll call for the October 4th and Oct. 11th cruise.

Anyone interested??? We are leaving on a cruise for Spring Break on the Allure of the Seas for 2 weeks so will try and set something up after we get back.

You can go over to the roll calls for those 2 cruises

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959880

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1989206

Edited by Caribbean King1