How to make Final Payment via the Princess website

riverboatgambler

I booked my most recent cruise on my own via the Princess website because of the great deal I got being a past passenger and after checking numerous other options, it was the best deal.

So I decided to book without talking to a Princess rep, and wanted to do the whole process without talking to a rep. (Having never recd an upgrade I was curious if this might work, probably not...but wanted to try).

However, I can't find on the website how to make my final payment.

I am just missing it or do I have to talk to a Princess rep?

Thanks for the help

Trust me, not talking to a rep in person is not going to increase your chances of an upgrade in any way.

Just pick up the phone and call them and make you final payment. If the upgrade fairy visits, great, but with ships selling out well in advance anymore, just don't ever count on receiving one.

Best of luck though.

As far as I can recall, when you get to the part of booking your cruise, and it you give them all your personal info, name address......,then below there is a part asking for your billing info: credit card info. When you enter the info there is a blue box saying: "submit payment". Any subsequent payments can be made the same way as far as I know

I booked my upcoming cruise myself on Princess's web site, and made all of the payments that way as well. I believe when you log in and go to the cruise personalizer there is an option for "Balance and Payment" on the right hand side. Click on that and it will take you to your payment history and option to submit a payment.

Mike

• Like 2

• 8 years later...

It's perplexing that Princess's web developers don't make it easy to pay. That seems like simple business logic. After all, Princess isn't in business for their health. I would assume that they want the money. Make it easier for us to send it to you.

It's perplexing that Princess's web developers don't make it easy to pay. That seems like simple business logic. After all, Princess isn't in business for their health. I would assume that they want the money. Make it easier for us to send it to you.

Even though that makes sense they seem to do fine with less technology and doing things the hard way. :rolleyes:

If you book through a TA you don't have the option regardless.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I currently have two cruises booked. One through my TA and another booked online through Princess which I will later move to my TA. The one booked via the TA has to be paid through the TA. The other one is easy to pay online. I just now clicked on Payments and Credits and had the option to pay in full using Credit Card, PayPal, or Gift Card.

I'm surprised you don't see that option. The only time I've been unable to pay online was once when I reserved a cruise without paying the deposit. I talked it over with my wife and went back the next day to use my FCD to secure the cruise. Nope. No way at that point. I could have cancelled and started over but the only other way to apply the FCD to secure the booking was by calling Princess.

• Like 1

This thread was started in 2008; the replies prior to yours are well out of date. While things are better these days in 2017, Princess' IT department is still known for questionable choices online. But one can now indeed pay online and even use a FCD for booking if you book direct. Using a TA still requires going through the TA, although some online ones allow you to pay through their websites. Edited by cherylandtk

Still completely relevant today.

Not questioning its Relivance. ... just wondering how far back you had to go for a 9 year old post.? I pay final payments online for all my sailings. My question had no hidden meaning. I was just curious without doing the count myself. Its a slow, cold day here :)

I booked my most recent cruise on my own via the Princess website because of the great deal I got being a past passenger and after checking numerous other options, it was the best deal.

So I decided to book without talking to a Princess rep, and wanted to do the whole process without talking to a rep. (Having never recd an upgrade I was curious if this might work, probably not...but wanted to try).

However, I can't find on the website how to make my final payment.

I am just missing it or do I have to talk to a Princess rep?

Thanks for the help

You have to call.

Not questioning its Relivance. ... just wondering how far back you had to go for a 9 year old post.? I pay final payments online for all my sailings. My question had no hidden meaning. I was just curious without doing the count myself. Its a slow, cold day here :)

I have given up on figuring that one out. lol :)

We had -10 a couple of days ago with 10 inches of snow and got to 55 today and 60 tomorrow. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I have given up on figuring that one out. lol :)

We had -10 a couple of days ago with 10 inches of snow and got to 55 today and 60 tomorrow. Go figure. :rolleyes:

It is Colorado. I lived in the Denver area for 35 years. What seemed abnormal with the weather was what was normal.

• 3 years later...
On 1/9/2017 at 9:38 AM, blkspy said:

Just curious...How many pages do you have to go back to respond to a post from 2008? 9 years ago?

Just Asking

I find the Princess site difficult to navigate around at times so I googled "can i find out how much i owe on my princess cruise on their website" and this thread was one of the search results.

Still no wiser about where to see payment or balances on the Princess site.

Edited by CissyFuss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CissyFuss said:

In your Personalizer for the specific cruise.

At the top is a string of buttons to choose: Summary, Check In, Excursions, Onboard Services, Specialty Dining, Travel, Itinerary (and finally), Payments.

Click on Payments and you'll see "Payments & Credits".

If you didn't use a Travel Agent, the first choice is "Make a Payment" or words to that effect. I'm not sure exactly what it says because all of my current booked cruises are through a TA. Click to make your payment.

If you used a TA, you have to deal directly with the TA.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CissyFuss said:

I find the Princess site difficult to navigate around at times so I googled "can i find out how much i owe on my princess cruise on their website" and this thread was one of the search results.

If you have a TA you cannot see or pay the invoice online.

The TA has to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your answers, JF - retired RRT and Colo Cruiser.  We use a TA so that is our issue.  Can't believe that this info isn't available to see online.  Was hoping to get advance warning of when to expect a refund for our cancelled Asian cruise.

Edited by CissyFuss

10 minutes ago, CissyFuss said:

Thank you for your answers, JF - retired RRT and Colo Cruiser.  We use a TA so that is our issue.  Can't believe that this info isn't available to see online.  Was hoping to get advance warning of when to expect a refund for our cancelled Asian cruise.

Did your TA handle that cancelled cruise?

If they did they should be able to flow up for you.

I would imagine Princess is inundated with all these canceled cruise etc so it may be some time.

32 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Did your TA handle that cancelled cruise?

If they did they should be able to flow up for you.

I would imagine Princess is inundated with all these canceled cruise etc so it may be some time.

Unfortunately, rather than using our usual TA, we had been lured by a terrific online deal which combined the cruise with three nights accommodation in Singapore.  They have offered a total refund for the deal and it should arrive in about 30 days time.

Can't argue that Princess admin must be extremely busy at the moment refunding cancelled cruise passengers.  Just glad they eventually made the decision to cancel their "Asia" cruise season, what turmoil.

Edited by CissyFuss