Norwegian Jewel v. RC Radiance of the Seas - southbound inside passage from Seward

jmcinnc

Hi there, we're considering the southbound inside passage from Seward, with a plan of spending some time on our own in Denali prior to the cruise. We're a party of 6 - 2 grandparents in mid and late 70's, 2 parents in late 40's and 2 teenagers. The ports are the same, though Jewel also has Sawyer Glacier in addition to Hubbard Glacier (ROTS only has hubbard). The times in ports are slightly better on ROTS. In terms of the ship, reviews for ROTS - especially in regard to dining- are concerning. Right now Jewel has a special through which you can get 3 specialty dining meals as a bonus- which is a plus on the dining side. Any thoughts on ships or itineraries? Many thanks for your feedback.

The days are different, if that matters? I've done Alaska on both itineraries and lines. When are you going. Actually usually with these 2 itineraries, there are big differences in the Juneau port times. Do you already have your port activities figured out? I'd suggest doing that before jumping into a booking.

Thanks for your feedback. We've now eliminated the Norwegian Jewel because of port times and are between Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas and Holland American Westerden. I think I'll repost that question - there is a difference in itineraries there with one going to Glacier Bay and one going to Hubbard Glacier

• 2 weeks later...

Budget Queen, do you care to comment more on both land portion tours and ships of each cruiseline. Not exactly sure what the difference is of one tour over the other, RCCL says its 13 (8B)days total, compared to NCL's with is 12 days. Ship would be Radiance RCCL, NCL Jewel.

Juneau time in port not a big deal to us, last time we did the 10 hour tour boat to to the Glaciers, this time more interested in seeing what we missed around the town itself, so 7 hours in port is fine for us.

This would be for 2019.

Also as of right now I'm not seeing the tours listed for NCL yet, even though RCC:L's are allready available to book? What is the problem with NCL not listed yet?

Jimbo:)