NCL Star bars question

This is our 2nd time on NCL and we sailed the Pearl first. I see the Star is a very different ship but it looks beautiful. Can't wait for our 2019 Med cruise.

My husband loves his fru-fru drinks but also loves a good Manhattan. What bar would that be on the Star? I can't quite figure that out. I'm easy and mostly a champagne, wine and beer drinker. I know I will be good but wondering for him.

Gatsby's Champagne Bar on Deck 6 (Just outside LeBistro and La Cucina) has wonderful drinks and fantastic entertainment

Thank you! The Pearl had an entire bar area near their Champagne bar. It didn’t look like Star had that big area on the deck plans. We are good then.

I just did my first NCL on Star, the 4/22 transatlantic. Liked it very much (bought a certificate for a future cruise).

I'm mostly a beer/wine drinker, but I was with 3 couples and they liked a variety of drinks. We often found ourselves in the bar that is actually inside Moderno for before-dinner drinks. One bartender (sad to say I can't remember his name) normally works in O'Sheehans, but he came into that bar (Sugarcane Mojito Bar) and worked for about 45 minutes after they opened. He was very willing to make whatever anyone wanted, whether it was a "regular" menu drink or not.

Anyway, one of the guys was fond of Manhattans and had them several evenings.

Also agree about Gatsby's. It tended to be much more crowded and noisy, though. Sugarcane's is quite small so we would go just when they opened. The only seating is at the bar since the rest of the space is part of the restaurant.

I just did my first NCL on Star, the 4/22 transatlantic. Liked it very much (bought a certificate for a future cruise).

I'm mostly a beer/wine drinker, but I was with 3 couples and they liked a variety of drinks. We often found ourselves in the bar that is actually inside Moderno for before-dinner drinks. One bartender (sad to say I can't remember his name) normally works in O'Sheehans, but he came into that bar (Sugarcane Mojito Bar) and worked for about 45 minutes after they opened. He was very willing to make whatever anyone wanted, whether it was a "regular" menu drink or not.

Anyway, one of the guys was fond of Manhattans and had them several evenings.

Also agree about Gatsby's. It tended to be much more crowded and noisy, though. Sugarcane's is quite small so we would go just when they opened. The only seating is at the bar since the rest of the space is part of the restaurant.

Thank you! I couldn't figure out where that Sugarcane bar was. I love to look at deck plans. :) Did you eat at Moderno? I have read mixed reviews and have the 3 free dining packages. On the Pearl we loved Gatsby's and Le Bistro so I was going to use my 3rd at Moderno. Or maybe I will go back to Gatsby's.

We had 4 dinners. First was supposed to be Cagney's and when we went to check in (that was the evening we discovered Sugarcane's), they didn't have us down so we rescheduled and went to Aqua (and had a very good meal).

I enjoyed Moderno but not sure I'd do it again. Actually felt one of the chicken dishes was best.

I really liked Le Bistro. I had shrimp. Food was very good but service was not the best and was very, very slow. And trust me, we all enjoy a slow, leisurely meal, but when you arrive at 6:30 and have to rush out to make the late show, then things are really a bit too slow!

We decided to not do the Italian.

So, we ate at Cagney's twice. Had steak the first time, which was good, but I just don't eat a lot of red meat these days. 2nd time, friend and I split two different shrimp entrees. Both were good but her's (the one with shrimp on a skewer) was excellent.

And now I find I want to go search for another sailing on Star. My problem is I'm chained to my desk during tax season, and by the time that's over, she's relocated to Europe. So, may have to wait until next fall when she's back in the Caribbean. Except there's nothing on the schedule for fall 2019 in the Caribbean.

Hmmm. May have to do the spring TA again. ;) A few repeat ports but several we didn't get (I did the Carnival Horizon westbound a few days after we disembarked in Barcelona and we had 3 repeat ports).