Silver Cloud room switch - 429 to 443?

Bill B

On the Silver Cloud, I'm currently booked in Vista Suite 429. However, I just noticed room 443 has become available. It seems 443 is in a better location - more mid-ship, fairly close to the elevators. I sent an email asking to be switched to 443.

I've never been on the Cloud. Is anyone aware of any 'downsides' to 443?

I've been in 443 on the Wind and it was just fine. I've also been in various cabins in the 420s on both the Wind and the Cloud (Cloud pre alterations) and they were OK too.

The location of 443 is definitely better but there's no difference otherwise, if you can change without much hassle, I'd do it but I wouldn't worry about staying in 429 either.

I think 447 is opposite a Butler's pantry and is noisy, but 443 is quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have stayed in 427 on the Wind..... Things may be different for the Cloud expedition, but we got moved to a veranda in the end as there was always loud banging if the seas got a little lively. I expect the noise could be heard in 429 as well.

Definitely worth the request to move IMHO.

A cryptic clue perhaps? Anagram? Maybe I can figure it out.

PS - I always book on board or through my local TA so it's not to move my business elsewhere, it's just to look for better cabins if any are available, as you are doing.

:D Woo hoo! I just woke up here in China, checked my email... and there was a reply from Silversea stating I have been moved to room 443.

jolly jones,

Okay, Iet's try this -

Fill in the following blanks:

Bill B was happy because he got his room changed on his Silversea ______.

A flight with no stops is known as a ______ flight.

Put the two words together and append .com to them. ;)

Wow! I'm having fun playing with this site, thanks a load BillB.

On my next cruise (November 2nd) which I booked pretty much last minute, I have accepted a GTY veranda 1 - I've never done a guarantee before and your site is showing no availability at all for any veranda category, it's just Vistas then suites. I'm guessing there's some upselling going on, I'll be fascinated to see what I end up with!

PS. congrats on the cabin move, I'm pretty sure you'll think it's an improvement.

Edited by jollyjones

Thanks for the help Les!

There’s no way I’m buying this is the total inventory available though.

I agree. It isn't. But it's the first time I've seen an online presence show that sort of info, so kudos to Bill for the cryptic help.

Okay, Iet's try this -

itinerarynonstop.com

ok perhaps I'm not as good at crosswords as I thought.

Yes I got it second time around and I used to use them, didn't know their site had improved so much.

Just for the record, I find the site that doesn't require you to append that _____ flight to be a bit easier to use in order to see a sample of what's currently on offer. Fill in the first blank of Bill's puzzle and then append ".com".

If you use one of those sites to book, are you also entitled to a 5% Venetian discount if it is a Venetian cruise and the 10% discount for over 250 days? How about back to back discounts?

When booking online, 'my' site makes no mention of the 10% early booking bonus and the Venetian discount. It offers less OBC than Silversea. If you called them, you might get the discounts... I don't know.

When booking online, pf778c's site does mention the the 10% early booking bonus and the Venetian discount. It seems to offer way more OBC than Silversea. However, the amount of OBC is calculated on the cruise fare... and

"
The calculation of the cruise fare that determines the onboard credit amount excludes government fees, fuel surcharges, hotel, transfers, airfare, insurance and other fare items."

There is also this ambiguous little gem -

"
Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebooked are not eligible. Some additional restrictions may apply."