Captains circle, Princess, and P&O Australia

jn2003

Have seen a rumour running around social media of Princess's intention to remove P&O Aust trips from the captain's circle awards, or at least stop them counting in future. Anyone else with any hard facts, info or just more rumours.

I can't see them retrospectively taking away the points.

Thought I would share, rather than see Debbie Power Forsyth's post be spammed with concern or any negativity.

Princess have responded.

"Princess Cruises - Hi, We've checked with our Captain's Circle department and can confirm that there are no changes planned that would reduce a guest's loyalty level or remove past sailings from your history. We apologize if the information given to you on your recent cruise was confusing. We very much value our loyal, repeat cruisers!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P&O UK cruise days are also listed on your Princess Captains Circle a/c. The company at one time was P&O - Princess, hence the links re cruise days.

We have done 6 with P&O UK and 18 with Princess, makes 460 days on our Capts Circle a/c.:halo: Some long cruises in there, a 49 dayer, a few 30 dayers. If your gonna go on a cruise do a big one.:hearteyes: Especially if you live in 'Retiresville.' And more importantly if you want to SKI (Spend Kids Inheritance.) Don't most of us like doing that? lol.

Edited by NSWP

Have seen a rumour running around social media of Princess's intention to remove P&O Aust trips from the captain's circle awards, or at least stop them counting in future. Anyone else with any hard facts, info or just more rumours.

I am aware that Princess are not counting P&O days towards the Most Travelled Passsenger count for the events onboard, so the top 3 would have Princess days not P&OUK/AUS, I think that is fair, but as far as I have read there is no change to Captain Circle benefits.

I am aware that Princess are not counting P&O days towards the Most Travelled Passsenger count for the events onboard, so the top 3 would have Princess days not P&OUK/AUS, I think that is fair, but as far as I have read there is no change to Captain Circle benefits.

Agreed. That has been happening for at least a year, but this change could be what has prompted the misunderstanding and the comment that the P&O 'days' are going to be removed entirely.

Hi, Chez...Is that a recent change in policy, not counting P&O UK days re MTG events? We have got an invite to the Most Travelled lunch a couple of times on the basis of our combined Princess/P&O UK days on Capts Circle a/c. :halo: If it is Princess days only, that is unfair as it favours the North Americans, again !!!! The Aussies and Brits are dudded, again !!!

Edited by NSWP

Agreed. That has been happening for at least a year, but this change could be what has prompted the misunderstanding and the comment that the P&O 'days' are going to be removed entirely.

Not right, favouring the North Americans again. :evilsmile:

Yes, I thjink this is where the rumours are coming from.

Not right, favouring the North Americans again. :evilsmile:

Nothing to do with where you live, it's who you cruise with, Princess are acknowledging those that are loyal to Princess.

Can you imagine doing your first Princess cruise and being the most travelled passenger because you have cruise 500 days with P&O UK, I think it is fair.

It;s not to be confused with Captains Circle Loyalty benefits, at this point none of that has changed.

The reply from Princess doesn't really answer anything. It says that nothing from past cruises will be changed but doesn't say that future cruises might not be the same.

Thats right, if they do change it they may do it for new Princess cruisers, not those that already have loyalty.

I suspect it is just rumour at this stage, I would think they would just say any cruise booked from now ( a certain date) on will not count.

Thought I would share, rather than see Debbie Power Forsyth's post be spammed with concern or any negativity.

Princess have responded.

"Princess Cruises - Hi, We've checked with our Captain's Circle department and can confirm that there are no changes planned that would reduce a guest's loyalty level or remove past sailings from your history. We apologize if the information given to you on your recent cruise was confusing. We very much value our loyal, repeat cruisers!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification.:D

Nothing to do with where you live, it's who you cruise with, Princess are acknowledging those that are loyal to Princess.

Can you imagine doing your first Princess cruise and being the most travelled passenger because you have cruise 500 days with P&O UK, I think it is fair.

It;s not to be confused with Captains Circle Loyalty benefits, at this point none of that has changed.

I agree, the loyalty club points and most cruised with Princess are two different things and should remain so.

Thats right, if they do change it they may do it for new Princess cruisers, not those that already have loyalty.

:p:cool::*:hearteyes: I have researched Captains Circle today, nothing changed thus far, not in print anyway. But the Captains Circle Hosts on the ships might be doing their own interpretation.:halo:

That wouldn't be the first time.

Yes, they could organise for anyone to attend the MTG lunch, after all, who would know? :evilsmile:

Anyway storm alert, massive thunderstorms coming over the mountain from over Mic's way. Better bring the Labrador in, scared of thunder. Not really my Lab, it is the Grand Dog, looking after it for a week or so.

Yes, they could organise for anyone to attend the MTG lunch, after all, who would know? :evilsmile:

Anyway storm alert, massive thunderstorms coming over the mountain from over Mic's way. Better bring the Labrador in, scared of thunder. Not really my Lab, it is the Grand Dog, looking after it for a week or so.

It certainly put on a light show, bit of hail as well.

the voice of reason and common sense speaks again