2018 Trip Reports

mapleleaves

Hopefully lots of you will be returning soon, wanting to share information about your cruise experience, excursions, activities, vendors, land travel, etc.

A report can be one paragraph outlining each port you visited and your activity at each port, OR, it can be a 20 pg report with photos of your cabin, public areas, meals, dailys, activities of each port, and every sight along the way. Or it can be something in between! Whatever you have time for.

Please CREATE YOUR OWN THREAD to post your trip report, then paste a link to THIS thread. That way, if people have questions they will post directly to your report. Best to keep this list as an informational tool, not gunked up with questions and comments.

It would be helpful if the first line included the SHIP, ITINERARY, DATE, EXCURSIONS, and who travelled ( family with children, a multigenerational trip, active 30 somethings, etc).

Trip report coming in a few days. Sitting in Vancouver airport waiting to fly home now. Went to Ketchikan, Juneau, Icy strait point, hubbard glacier, Sitka, prince Rupert from san Francisco on Oceania. Be prepared for wetness.

So...I've started my Trip Report.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641355

I'm going into great detail as to my planning process. So the early pages of this report are all a pre-cruise, planning intensive kind of discussion which will eventually transition into the actual review of our family vacation.

Celebrity Millennium. Sailing June 22, 2018.

Embarkation: Vancouver

Ports: Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Skagway

Hubbard Glacier Viewing

Debark: Seward

Multi-General vacation. Includes myself...DW46, DH45, DS17 and my parents, Mom and Dad.

Also includes a post cruise DIY land trip for 4 nights on Kenai Peninsula.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seattle RT on Ruby Princess, departing May 19. from FrickeNomads.

Itinerary includes Juneau ( whale watch), Skagway (the Haines wildlife/river excursion), Glacier Bay, Ketchikan (wildlife.seafood fest), Victoria.

Report includes daily patters, menus, and port info sheets.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2635785

I've started my trip report.

NCL Bliss Inaugural Alaska RT from Seattle June 2-9, 2018.

Ketchikan

Juneau

Endicott Arm/Dawes Glacier

Skagway

Review includes many photos of this beautiful new ship!

Review also includes detailed information and plenty of photos from the Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier excursion (although ours was diverted to Endicott Arm/Dawes Glacier). This excursion is an absolute must!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644533

So...I've started my Trip Report.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641355

I'm going into great detail as to my planning process. So the early pages of this report are all a pre-cruise, planning intensive kind of discussion which will eventually transition into the actual review of our family vacation.

Celebrity Millennium. Sailing June 22, 2018.

Embarkation: Vancouver

Ports: Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Skagway

Hubbard Glacier Viewing

Debark: Seward

Multi-General vacation. Includes myself...DW46, DH45, DS17 and my parents, Mom and Dad.

Also includes a post cruise DIY land trip for 4 nights on Kenai Peninsula.

Really interested in your excursions. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trip report for the Island Princess from Vancouver to Whittier, departed Vancouver June 13. Stops in Icy Straight Point, Juneau, Skagway, and viewings of Glacier Bay and College Fjord.

Traveling was myself and husband (early 40's, no kids) and my mom and step-dad (early 70's, some mobility issues) though the trip report is mainly from my perspective, not theirs.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2648962

I've written a trip report the 17 May 2018 Windstar Star Legend 14-day Wonders of Alaska & Canada cruise. I started it as a sort of live thread on the Windstar Board since it was Windstar's first Alaska cruise in decades.

Seward

Cruising Kenai Fjords

Icy Strait Point

Haines

Cruising Tracy or Endicott Arm

Juneau

Sitka

Wrangell

Cruising Misty Fjords

Ketchickan

Melakatla

Prince Rupert

Vancouver

The day-by-day trip report that I wrote after returning starts at post #84.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...2635721&page=5

(Using the link in the web browser, should bring you to page 5 where post #84 is. I've checked the link in the Android Cruise Critic app. In that case it brings you to page 5 but the app puts less per page so post #84 is on page 9.)

For those not familiar with Windstar, Star Legend has a double occupancy capacity is 212 passengers.

The ship carried an expedition staff of 6 naturalists to give lectures and go with us on some of the excursions. There were cruising days in Kenai Fjords, Endicott Arm (this cruise, when conditions allow, the ship goes to Tracy Arm) and Misty Fjords. The ship carries zodiacs and kayaks for excursions there.

My trip started out with the ocean crossing from Japan to Seward, Alaska so the cruise was 28 days for me.