Booking future cruises on board

Vineyard View

Thank you, both. I’ll purchase 4, one in each name (can I do this for the kids?), and then email my TA with the numbers whilst onboard ;).

Last time I bought the FCC, my TA was informed of the purchase either by Princess or by their system. I didn't have to contact them.

When I booked my next cruise, they simply applied it.

From what I can find, there is no real advantage to booking future cruises while on board? The future cruise credits that you purchase are your winners without any real added incentives for actually booking? Is this accurate? Thank you

Depends, we have booked on board, launch cruise fares and gotten very generous on board credits, i.e., $500 on 10 Mexican cruise... would not get that obc if booked later.

So, if we travel as a family of four and want to book a future cruise onboard, we are best booking 4 FCC at $100 each to use on a future cruise for 2 cabins - correct? If we just book the actual cruise we want to sail onboard, then we miss out on the extra OBC and still have to pay a higher deposit? Now if I want the current promotion, can I email my TA whilst on the cruise and get her to use the FCCs against my new booking?

Surely it would be simpler to book the sailing onboard I want and have it transferred to my TA by Princess at source - providing I still was awarded the extra OBC? Or am I missing something?

If you book onboard, it is the equivalent of purchasing a FCC and then immediately applying it to the cruise, so you will get the OBC and use the FCC as your deposit. At the time of booking on board you can ask that the booking be assigned to your TA or you can wait and have the transfer to your TA done after the cruise at your convenience (but before final payment). Please note that the offer of OBC is only for the first two passengers in a cabin.

We usually just fill out the form for FFC when we're on a cruise. But in April on our Panama Canal cruise, we stopped in the future cruise line office to ask a question about a future cruise we had already booked and we were so glad we did. He not only got us a better cabin, but we got extra OBC and saved another 400.00 on our total cruise price. It seems that sometimes the future booking officers do have access to specials that are only for when you book on board.

I suspect that the representative just knew of a current sale/promotion that you were not aware of and was able to switch you to that sale/promotion.

Thanks everyone. Just to be sure I understand - only one FCC per person per cruise is allowed when booking another cruise, correct? Meaning if we bought 4 between the two of us, we would need to use them over 2 cruises?

If you wish, you can apply more than one FCC to a person for a cruise. However, OBC will only be given for the first one used for a person. If you use a second one, it will just be putting down an additional $100 towards your cruise fare.

In other words, there is no benefit for using more than one FCC/person unless you have them and know you will not be using them in the future and just want to get rid of them.

I have a cruise booked for August 2019. I will be cruising in September 2018. Can I buy 2 FCDs on the September cruise and have them applied to my 2019 cruise in order to get OBC?

Yes - I did exactly that on a cruise last October for my cruise coming up this September.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes - I did exactly that on a cruise last October for my cruise coming up this September.

Are you sure? Had you actually booked and paid a deposit for your Future September cruise when you bought the FCDs.

I read the op as having ALREADY BOOKED and if I book NOW for a July 2019 cruise I can get an OBC offer that runs off at the end of August and I dont sail until September 18 to get the FCD.

We will all be on the cruise ;).

Hi Just to check something - You are in the UK? but IIRC I have read other posts where you say you book via a US TA to escape the mugging we get booking in the UK.

I asked a few questions on FCDs and one thing that came up was that you MUST ask for the FCD in the currency that you want to book your future cruise in.

eg if I had booked next cruise in USD then my FCD would default to 100 USD and Cr Card would be debited with 100 USD.

If I then booked my future cruise in GBP I dont think the 100USD FCD can be used.

If you do use both you might want to check that out.

While on my upcoming 2018 cruise I plan to purchase 2 FCC ( for hubby and me) receive OBC, then book a cruise. What if a month later I have to change the date of that cruise because we are coordinating with another couple, do I still keep my OBC and will the FCC be moved for the deposit be moved to the new booking?

Thank you, both. I’ll purchase 4, one in each name (can I do this for the kids?), and then email my TA with the numbers whilst onboard ;).

I listed my cruise planner's name the first time I did FCC. So she also got a copy of my FCC's numbers. So now when I purchase the FCC on board her name pops up automatically. So we both get the numbers.

Sali

What if a month later I have to change the date of that cruise because we are coordinating with another couple, do I still keep my OBC and will the FCC be moved for the deposit be moved to the new booking?

Yes, and yes UNLESS your original booking was under a non-refundable deposit. If you have to cancel a non-refundable booking, everything goes bye-bye, including your FCD.

From what I can find, there is no real advantage to booking future cruises while on board? The future cruise credits that you purchase are your winners without any real added incentives for actually booking? Is this accurate? Thank you

We never book a cruise onboard.

We purchase FCD's and book when we get home.

Even if you book a future cruise onboard with the future cruise person, they will sell you a FCD and then use it for the booking. It just is the process they use. There are times particularly at the start of the cruise that they are in their room alone and you can just walk in while later in the cruise lines form. Sometimes the counselor will have better suggestions for a future cruise you were contemplating or assist with having other pax join you that are not on this cruise. They let us plan an AK cruise that included our DS and his family even though he was not on the current cruise and let us use the $100 reservation fee for them as well. We knew what we wanted to do and I went down the first sea day and just walked in.

If you decide to just purchase the FCD you can do it on your hand held device (i.e. smart phone) using Princess@sea or by filling out the form left in your stateroom and putting it in the slot by the future cruise office. You can tell them not to forward the information to the TA you used for this cruise if you so chose. Also they will charge the FCDs to your credit card you used to secure your folio at the start of this cruise or you can tell them to charge a different credit card.

Last December while on the Royal we booked a future cruise we were already considering after it was announced that Princess was offering double the normal obc giving for using a fcd while on that voyage.

It was the first time we had seen this type of incentive.

Same here! We got the three for free incentive that included free gratuities, free upgrade and OBC.

The prices for the cruise next year have gone up considerably.

Never hurts to speak to the future cruise person prior to leaving the ship

You have plenty of time to cancel if you change your mind

Howard

My only issue with booking on board, is the limited hours the FCC (or is it D?)person's office is open. I like to purchase the FCC, but not put it on my on board account, but a different CC. I don't mind waiting if there are only a couple of people waiting, but sometimes, you get those who want to book something, but don't know what, and keep the office occupied for most of the open hours.One time, I was passing by, the door was open, and there were people at the desk. I passed by again maybe an hour later and they were STILL sitting there, Yikes! Yes, I am sure I could put my CC number on the form, but really don't want to just put it into the "slot" to be retrieved later. Last time I passed the office, the bin was so full, the papers were hanging out of it.