I Belize in MAGIC! MITSUGIRLY revisits the Western Route. My Novel.

mitsugirly

Just MY opinion...I love LFK. It is just so beautiful there and there's a lot of options for the beaches (they have several) and jumping off the 2 story deck, swinging rope, snorkeling and so on. It's just so beautiful and relaxing there. It is truly a paradise. They have added a lot of things since I was there last...like hammocks and swings in the water and so on.

As for West Bay, I seriously have not had any luck with that place each time I have went. The water stirred up, it raining and just no luck getting to snorkel that area even though it is supposed to be awesome! As for the beach, I personally just find it a typical beach, lined with beach bars or hotels. It doesn't "appear" to be anything extra ordinary to ME. I think the attraction to this place is the snorkeling itself. There are a lot of vendors on the beach that will hound you non-stop. I even had one come out in the water to try to get me to buy something before.

What part of Ohio are you from?

Um, I'm not even sure. I'd have to look. I'm sure it's just some off brand luggage. I usually just pick them up at places like Marshalls. We travel a lot and seem to always break the wheels...so they are probably on the "cheaper" side. I believe I pay anywhere between $50-100. They are full sized luggage and pretty big. Of course I always have to have something that stands out so that I can spot it in a crowd of luggage. They are the hard case ones. We tried the soft case and they didn't last long at all. I would say I buy new luggage every 4-5 years. So, that's good enough for me before getting another. :D

Sadly I’m from Portsmouth. I Actually went to Portsmouth High School. I’m sure you’ll know the town all to well lol . My kids thankfully don’t go there , they go to Wheelersburg.

is this an insider thing? will there be a lot of rocks about. My daughter might like doing something like this.

The rock painting is just something people do all over the world (that I'm aware of) and it's just spreading friendship. I learned about it from someone on our last cruise roll call and we decided to try it. There were quite a few people on my last cruise doing it, but you don't just see them laying around and they are hard to find or come by. We haven't even done any yet for our upcoming cruise. Maybe we should get on that. LOL

First, I want to say Sakari your daughter is a doll, so cute, and artistic at the same time.:)

I wanted to reply to Ameliaatsea who had ask a question of what kind of luggage you had? This is just MY response. The luggage I have now (had it for over 20 years (cruised over 25 years)and I really did not need to replace it, other than our cat had got cat hairs on it, and I wanted a NEW set.:)The luggage is called Ricardo of Hollywood. I don't know if you have a Kohl's, but if you do, they have wonderful sales, and you can save a lot of money on luggage. As I said, I really didn't need a new set, but found out that Kohl's had the same brand that I had from over 20 years ago, and I never had so many people "wishing" they had my luggage. The reason why.............this luggage has MORE compartments/zippers than you will find in the best name brands.

Aww, thanks so much for the comments on Sakari. She's my little artist for sure.

Sadly I’m from Portsmouth. I Actually went to Portsmouth High School. I’m sure you’ll know the town all to well lol . My kids thankfully don’t go there , they go to Wheelersburg.

Yep, I used to have a friend that lived there and I would visit on the weekends. :)

• 3 weeks later...
FINAL THOUGHTS ON RENDEZVOUS CAYE

I think by now you all can figure out that I absolutely LOVED this place.

It was a beautiful little island. It was nicely landscaped. The palapa huts were huge and had plenty of room with chairs and even tables under some of them.

It seemed like there was plenty of room there and everyone was all spread out. I liked that.

The 2 beaches there were ok and good enough for cooling off. Not a lot to see snorkel wise from the beach, but a few things.

The snorkeling....ah the snorkeling...simply amazing. I don't think pictures really do anything justice. Man was this place awesome! I don't think I have ever been on a snorkeling excursion (or even on my own) where we got to see so much all in the same encounter.

The guides were amazing!

I can't recommend this excursion enough. I would go back in a heart beat.

The ONLY thing that was an issue today was...the wind. Lordy lordy it was crazy. But of course, that's no fault of the excursion, Carnival or the vendors. It has been a rainy week for them and the water was a little outraged, so I would expect it to be windy. It was no big deal though. Nothing could have messed that day up.

The only other thing is the time. They really could and should extend the time. There's absolutely no reason to come back that soon. Seriously!

We pulled up at the island at 9:45am.

We pulled away from the island at 12:26

We had approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes on the island, which included our snorkeling time.

1 hour was spent snorkeling.

I guess if you factor in a 40 minute boat ride there and 40 minutes back, you are looking at a total time of around 4 hours...as the tour said.

Just.not.enough.time !!!!

Highly recommend this place!

:D

I'm thinking there are no showers on RENDEZVOUS CAYE is that true?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking there are no showers on RENDEZVOUS CAYE is that true?

Actually I'm really not sure. I know they had something right on the dock, but those could have been restrooms. They had changing rooms on the actual "land/beach". Hopefully someone can answer your question.

Thanks, Kim! Based on your reviews and notes, you made our Magic vacation a triumph. We enjoyed Paradise Beach in Cozumel, CaveTubing.Bz in Belize, Little French Key in Roatan, and Blue Kay in Costa Maya. Each stop was a delight. However, Blue Kay tried to charge us $15 per adult (including 2 drink tickets) instead of the $7 you had written about. I had to mention you and your Cruise Critic write-up in order to get the $7 charge...it was more cost efficient for us to do the $7 charge per person...$21 dollars per family instead of $30...one of the families don't drink at all.

Thanks, Kim! Based on your reviews and notes, you made our Magic vacation a triumph. We enjoyed Paradise Beach in Cozumel, CaveTubing.Bz in Belize, Little French Key in Roatan, and Blue Kay in Costa Maya. Each stop was a delight. However, Blue Kay tried to charge us $15 per adult (including 2 drink tickets) instead of the $7 you had written about. I had to mention you and your Cruise Critic write-up in order to get the $7 charge...it was more cost efficient for us to do the $7 charge per person...$21 dollars per family instead of $30...one of the families don't drink at all.

I'm so glad you sound like you had a wonderful cruise and picked some great places to go!

It pains me to know that they keep changing their story about the pricing. I had a long talk with the lady about this and expressed everyone's concerns here at cruise critic. You would have thought that she got the hint but I guess not. It's such a beautiful place to go. I hate that the pricing can deter some from going.

Just know also that the "drinks" also include soda and stuff as well.

We enjoyed Paradise Beach in Cozumel, CaveTubing.Bz in Belize, Little French Key in Roatan, and Blue Kay in Costa Maya.

We are doing this same itinerary in September. Do you remember which night was the 2nd elegant night?

We are doing this same itinerary in September. Do you remember which night was the 2nd elegant night?

Costa Maya (Thursday) was the second elegant night. Convenient because you have to be back on board by 1:30PM...so plenty of time to get ready.

As was said, Costa Maya was the 2nd elegant night. Also, since Friday night everyone is packing to get their luggage out by 11:00PM, (out of state rooms by 8:00AM on Saturday) or are taking it off with them, it would rush to have elegant night on Friday night.

Costa Maya was brought up, and I wanted to share something that I was very impressed with in Costa Maya, that I had never seen before. While at the CM port, which is pretty large, I came across about 4 bowls that you can wash your hands in w/soap, and towels. The nice part about it, it was "outside," and you did not have to go inside like a restroom, etc. to use it.

Costa Maya was brought up, and I wanted to share something that I was very impressed with in Costa Maya, that I had never seen before. While at the CM port, which is pretty large, I came across about 4 bowls that you can wash your hands in w/soap, and towels. The nice part about it, it was "outside," and you did not have to go inside like a restroom, etc. to use it.

PB162136%20copy-L.jpg

Oh gosh, so you didn't get to enjoy Blue Kay at all? So sad. Although there's a lot of changes, it's still a beautiful place and IMO decent snorkeling with a lot to see there. I just love the place! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to retrieve your phone. I don't know if you have ever read my review (one of them that went to Cozumel and Chankanaab on our second time) and the same thing happened to us...only my hubby had thrown the beach bag he was carrying in the back of the van and forgot it. It had our ID's, ship cards, phones and important stuff. We were able to retrieve it as well. (I actually did take a picture as we stepped out of the taxi of the entrance at Chankanaab, which happened to show the taxi number in front of us...which helped track down the taxi that was behind it...which was us. They have a great system there at Chankanaab and record every taxi coming and going with the taxi number and the number of people coming out of it).

Your idea of taking a picture and marking your items is an awesome idea!

No, we didn't get to stay there but a few minutes. Although, we have been there before and really enjoyed it then. Wow, so lucky you guys were able to retrieve your items as well. It is a gut sinking feeling for sure.

Sakari and I headed over to the group, where I would stand and watch Kendra try to distract Kam and then take off running in the sand (have you ever tried to run in the sand? It's not easy) and then she'd bounce back and forth behind the palm trees (there wasn't many), a building or two, and sprint to the finish line of the hut where everyone was waiting.

PB140909%20copy-L.jpg

Score!! She made it all in one piece, with all of her equipment, and without Kam noticing.

We arrived and ask which group it was. The instructor said that they had decided to combine the advanced with intermediate since we didn't have a huge group of people on the island today.

A lady in the group said "this is the advanced group" and looked at me and looked at Sakari. I was like "great, we're in the right group" and then added "the instructor just said it's advanced AND intermediate actually". She actually argued with me..."no, it's advanced" and then pointed to another hut and said "there's beginners". Um ok, I'm not sure what makes you think we are beginners...I'm standing here with my OWN equipment, which obviously means I'm not a beginner. She still kept telling me the same thing and at that point I have a blank stare with I'm sure a not so nice look on my face. Finally I had to put it to rest because she would not shut up about it and once again ask the instructor and he confirmed. Yep, the smirk on my face staring at her said it all...she stopped talking about it.

I forgot to mention, we were the ONLY one's on the island that day too! Yippee!

He didn't say anything to me about Sakari and I was relieved. I did ask him if it was ok for her to wear her mermaid outfit/mono fin snorkeling instead of fins. He said "if that's what she's comfortable in, then absolutely!" She was relieved as well. She really can swim better in it than fins.

After giving everyone instructions on what we were going to do, what we might see, how we were going to wear our equipment (the life jackets around our waist) we were headed to the entrance to go in.

The water was ROUGH today. So, they told us instead of wearing a snorkel jacket, we would have to wear the regular life vest. Honestly, I prefer that anyhow. I hate the snorkeling jackets because they ride up in places they shouldn't, go up over your face half the time and so on. They also told everyone that after we got out there, if we didn't want to wear the life jacket, we could remove it and tie it to our wrist, but it had to remain on us. Man, I really wished that Sakari didn't hear that because it would be an issue the entire time.

PB140911%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari was getting ready and I was busy watching a lady get in the water and screaming...like seriously screaming, because the waves was pushing her, she steps on a rock, she couldn't get her fins on...it was just complaint after complaint and I kept wondering what she was doing in THIS group. Guess who this lady was.......I'm sure you have figured out it's "Ms Advanced"

PB140912%20copy-L.jpg

Hi! I had a question: with this excursion, do they take each group (beginner, intermediate, and advanced) out separately, or all out at once? We have an 18 month old and are trying to figure out if we could take turns snorkeling so we both could do it and take turns watching the baby. TIA!

Ps: I LOVE your reviews!

Hi! I had a question: with this excursion, do they take each group (beginner, intermediate, and advanced) out separately, or all out at once? We have an 18 month old and are trying to figure out if we could take turns snorkeling so we both could do it and take turns watching the baby. TIA!

Ps: I LOVE your reviews!

When we went, all the groups went out at the same time, just different areas.

Hello Kim! Thanks for your review, with its wealth of information. we are sailing in June, and I have spent my free time over the last few days reading this whole thing, all 36 pages :)

When you described what happened to Billy, it sounded very much to me as if he drank tainted alcohol. I remember a lot of press a while back about bad alcohol at some resorts in Mexico. Here's a link:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/07/20/all-inclusive-resorts-mexico-suspected-drugging-tourists/490429001/

The descriptions sounded a lot like what Billy experienced. I hope he felt better quickly!

Now to see if my boys want to paint some friendship rocks...

Hello Kim! Thanks for your review, with its wealth of information. we are sailing in June, and I have spent my free time over the last few days reading this whole thing, all 36 pages :)

When you described what happened to Billy, it sounded very much to me as if he drank tainted alcohol. I remember a lot of press a while back about bad alcohol at some resorts in Mexico. Here's a link:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/07/20/all-inclusive-resorts-mexico-suspected-drugging-tourists/490429001/

The descriptions sounded a lot like what Billy experienced. I hope he felt better quickly!

Now to see if my boys want to paint some friendship rocks...

I hope you were able to get some good ideas. Not sure where all you are going but my signature line has a list of places we've been if that helps too.

Yea, I'm all too familiar with that Mexico story and others. It was happening a lot in Cancun. Really scary. I do know something happened to him and it hit him in a matter of minutes. I'm just thankful we returned at the time we did otherwise Kambriah would have been alone...or who knows what.

Friendship rocks are so cool. We had a great time with it.

Hi Kim! I know you frequently sail other lines, do you know if Rendezvous is only offered through CCL? We usually cruise with them but are returning back to NCL after a few years hiatus and hoping they have this excursion. Also, could you point me to which of your reviews has the information on when you went to shark ray alley in Belize? If NCL doesn’t have Rendezvous, the other option we’re considering it shark ray alley/Hol Chan/Caye Caulker through shore excursioneer. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Kim! I know you frequently sail other lines, do you know if Rendezvous is only offered through CCL? We usually cruise with them but are returning back to NCL after a few years hiatus and hoping they have this excursion. Also, could you point me to which of your reviews has the information on when you went to shark ray alley in Belize? If NCL doesn’t have Rendezvous, the other option we’re considering it shark ray alley/Hol Chan/Caye Caulker through shore excursioneer. Thanks!!

Hi. I want to say that NCL does not offer Rendezvous Caye because in the past, their beach island break consisted of Bannister Island...which is now called starfish island. I wouldn't think they would offer a trip there for the fact that they now have their own little private island there: Harvest Caye. But have you seen pictures of Harvest Caye? It looks amazing!!! I would love to go there. It just looks beautiful and hopefully we'll find a cruise that fits our needs and makes it there. Go and enjoy and report back and let me know what you think of it. :D

To get to the shark ray alley excursion we did, just expand my signature line and find Belize and then click on the shark ray alley and it will take you right to that portion of the review. If you want to know which cruise that was, it will tell you at the top of the forum which one you're in. :)

Hi. I want to say that NCL does not offer Rendezvous Caye because in the past, their beach island break consisted of Bannister Island...which is now called starfish island. I wouldn't think they would offer a trip there for the fact that they now have their own little private island there: Harvest Caye. But have you seen pictures of Harvest Caye? It looks amazing!!! I would love to go there. It just looks beautiful and hopefully we'll find a cruise that fits our needs and makes it there. Go and enjoy and report back and let me know what you think of it. :D

To get to the shark ray alley excursion we did, just expand my signature line and find Belize and then click on the shark ray alley and it will take you right to that portion of the review. If you want to know which cruise that was, it will tell you at the top of the forum which one you're in. :)

Thank you very much! Looking forward to reading your review and opinions!

NCL is offering cruises on Breakaway from NOLA next spring that visits both Harvest Caye and Belize, in addition to Costa Maya and Cozumel. [emoji16]

NCL is offering cruises on Breakaway from NOLA next spring that visits both Harvest Caye and Belize, in addition to Costa Maya and Cozumel. [emoji16]

Havest Caye IS Belize. ;) That is their Belize stop. Not "both" Harvest Caye AND Belize. Just wanted to clear that up for you if you thought they are 2 different stops. :)