Bottled water in the cabins....is it available?

Greselda2251

Hi All...

I originally posted this on just Cruise Critic, and was directed to the MSC Cruise Critic board, so here goes again:

1. We are booked on the Seaside in February/2018 in a Fantasia balcony and would like to know if there is bottled water available both in the cabin and during lunch and dinner in the MDR? I am a Type 2 diabetic and drink a lot of bottled water. From what I have been reading is looks like they offer sparkling water? etc., etc. We are on the 2 for 1 booking so we also get the free drinks at lunch and dinner in the MDR. We would be willing to buy the bottled water either way.

2. Would it be possible to ask for one of their small coffee pots for in the cabin that we have seen posted? My husband loves his coffee all day long (just plain coffee, nothing fancy).

Thank you for your replies:D

Hi All...

I originally posted this on just Cruise Critic, and was directed to the MSC Cruise Critic board, so here goes again:

1. We are booked on the Seaside in February/2018 in a Fantasia balcony and would like to know if there is bottled water available both in the cabin and during lunch and dinner in the MDR? I am a Type 2 diabetic and drink a lot of bottled water. From what I have been reading is looks like they offer sparkling water? etc., etc. We are on the 2 for 1 booking so we also get the free drinks at lunch and dinner in the MDR. We would be willing to buy the bottled water either way.

2. Would it be possible to ask for one of their small coffee pots for in the cabin that we have seen posted? My husband loves his coffee all day long (just plain coffee, nothing fancy).

Thank you for your replies:D

Yes there is bottled water in the cabins, but depending on what drinks package you have, it may be a cost item.

You can get a package of vouchers for water but be aware that all cabin occupants must have the same drinks package, (not applicable to the vouchers) ,

I don't know about the coffee pot, however, some of their ships , in specific regions have tea/coffee making facilities

Thank You Pete for the information:D BTW, they call me a "Taffy" for my father was born and raised in Cardiff, Wales......beautiful people!!!!!

I agree to a certain extent

\they never really accept you, well at least my work colleagues jovially and in affectionate sort of way called me "that b*****d Englishman"

I'm an incomer, so I'm not actually Welsh, although my kids claim to be Welsh, I just say they are English unfortunately born in Wales. I know that where you were born doesn't make you become that counties nationality

I was born in Libya but am not Libyan. I'm English unfortunately born in Libya/

There's bottled water provided in the cabin - usually 2 large bottles (1 sparkling, 1 still) on the desktop and 2 smaller ones - again, 1 of each - in the minibar. Unless you have a premium (deluxe) all-inclusive drinks package, they have a charge. Bear in mind that 15% is added to the listed price in the cabin.

As you have the Mealtime drinks package, you can ask your waiter in the MDR for water and you can bring that back to your room. Also, check out the lunch and dinner times in the buffet - you can use your package during the totality of those hours which would be more extensive than in the MDR. There is also water available 24/7 in the buffet (along with tea & coffee - juices only at breakfast).

The only tea/coffee making facilities in cabins onboard MSC ships are on Preziosa (this year) and Magnifica (from April next year) because of homeporting from Southampton and coffee makers in YC on Meraviglia. It's doubtful that there will be coffee pots provided in the cabins on Seaside except, perhaps YC cabins.

Got off Divina in September - we had pre-purchased the Water Package - I believe it was 14 1 liter bottles for $37 - worked great - can pick up at any bar - I believe the web site refers to sparkling but simply ask for 'flat' when handing in a coupon. If you use the bottled water in the Cabin it is $3.50 or $4.50 (forget exactly what the tag said) - same thing as you would get with your coupon - so pre-purchasing it is the best way to go.